BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

44 minutes ago, Silas said:

A quick google turns up 4 managers that have called their team's performance "unacceptable" in the last month alone:

Mikel Arteta- Arsenal 

Steve Bruce- WBA

Danny Cowley- Portsmouth 

Shaun Maloney- Hibs. Who declared his team "Not good enough for top six, top four, or Europe!"

Has Mowbray EVER come out and been honest enough to make such an assessment? In the 6 odd years he's been here?

We all know it's been "unacceptable" many, many times.

The closest I can find is "That was our poorest performance of the season", "below our normal standard" and "we didn't compete well enough".

That's it! That's the most contrite he's mustered throughout all the death spirals and endless disappointments. The record non-winning runs, the record 7-0 home loss. The calamitous second half of season collapses. 

If he had just once come out and called a spade a spade, I might have an ounce of respect left for him.

As it is, him and his mealy mouthed press conferences can piss right off....for good.

Tuchel did last week too

• Like 2

I was considering getting a ST next season for the first time since Coyle rocked up now that i have a bit more time to go. However if he remains then not a chance regardless of how this season ends now because you can script exactly how it'll go and what will get said.

He doesn't give a shiny shite what fans think as long as he's getting his money and keeping his old boys club happy. That became clear last season with the stuff he was coming out with helped by the safety of an empty ground. Some true colours really shone through before he went back on a bit of charm offensive early this season.

There are no doubt worse managers out there but there are also a host of them on the dole who'd do similar to Mowbray with the same backing and patience. One of them just might have the gumption to do a bit better or just get lucky.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Probably right. In which case I'm certain we'll get relegated next season.

More likely a 3 year deal ...... unless Tony Twat wants to work until hes 65 in which case make that a 7.

He will see me out. Sadly.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

7 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the crowds will be back to 1980`s levels if he gets an extension😯

I'd reluctantly have to take some time away from the club if he did. I'd probably still do a few away days with mates but wouldn't be stepping foot in Ewood.

I keep saying this but the people in charge, not just at Rovers, have no idea how much football means to us, we can't just shrug and get on with it. 

At a time people are having to make cut backs and budget accordingly, Blackburn Rovers will be way down peoples lists at present. Burnley are lucky they sold so many season tickets up front cos I imagine they'll face some fan backlash over the Dyche sacking.

• Like 3