BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Someone please tell Venkys this so called management system isn't working and they need to put some thinking time in to change things for the better.

Mowbray lost control of the team partly due to his all round inabilities but also due to the silence form our Indian owners. I'm a season ticket holder for 40 years plus but will seriously consider handing anymore money over next season if Mowbray is still in charge. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

When the local press start getting a bit critical about Mowbray then you know his time is up.

I always remember a home match in April last year when I thought both Bayes and Gallacher were unusually critical pre match - this was the time when speculation was rife that Mowbray was heading for the exit door.

Now we have Sharpe calling out Mowbray:

Mowbray’s comments of Peterborough ‘not threatening our goal for 80 minutes’ were disingenuous. Were it not for a fingertip Thomas Kaminski save, and poor finishes from Sam Szmodics and Kwame Poku, Posh could have had two or three goals in the first half.

Go on Sharpey, we need more of that.

Agree with the entirety of the post, Mercer. I look at the squad that will be left after the expected departures and ask "what the heck have you been doing for five years?". Any clued up owner would be asking him that. Scrap that, they would have got rid of him years ago. Where are the foundations? This journey you told us about?

Our defence is going to be ripped up in the summer. We will need additions in midfield and attack. It's not much different to when he first arrived.

Let's hope the West Brom rumours are true. We need this lot out for more reasons than one. They move on and the idea to build houses on part of the training ground goes with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Make no mistake, if and when (and it looks almost certainly 'when') Mowbray leaves in the next few weeks, IMO, we will be left in a real 'Coyleyesque' mess. 

I think Mowbray's 5year+ journey will have taken us absolutely nowhere - even gone backwards.

Go on I’ll bite……

This ‘Wee Coyley mess’? Is that the same Coyley you spent years promoting on here for the managers job?

Your man left us right in the shit, he did a number on the club and it’s fans almost as bad as king rat. Mowbray actually pulled the club out of that shit your mate left us in and put us back on a even keel. 

You may fool some, but you don’t me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Go on I’ll bite……

This ‘Wee Coyley mess’? Is that the same Coyley you spent years promoting on here for the managers job?

Your man left us right in the shit, he did a number on the club and it’s fans almost as bad as king rat. Mowbray actually pulled the club out of that shit your mate left us in and put us back on a even keel. 

You may fool some, but you don’t me.

You don't half spout some shite.

Not once did I promote Coyle for the manager's job at Rovers.

Get your facts right before you have a pop at anyone.

I never understand why people have to be so melodramatic about Mowbray….

He’d done a half decent job until last March when he should’ve had the bullet. Those suggestingnhes worse than Kean or Coyle need to get a grip.

Why people can’t just say he’s done a decent job but now needs a a change I’ll never know.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Hearing from a very reliable source that Rothwell has not been turning up for training.. also hearing that Mowbray is being labelled as arrogant.. 

But Rothwell was down as "ill" so maybe he wouldn't do training,??

More evidence manager/player relations  aren't good .

Edited by Cherry Blue
Added

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Beyond that, we have Kaminski on a long term deal, we have Travis on a long term deal, we have Dack back fit, we have Wharton on a long term deal, we have players like Pickering, Markanday, Dolan, Buckley and Carter on long term deals. We also don't really have any players who a new manager (if they come in, I bet there is a strong chance of a renewal) would feel are liabilities financially.

And we have 2 wins in 11 games.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Evidence? Or hearsay?

Virtually every recent match can be put forwards as evidence that something ain't right.

We don't need any more evidence, we all KNOW the club is a shambles top to bottom.

The only good thing about the club at the moment is the fans.

Venky's out

• Like 6

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

we have players like Pickering, Markanday, Dolan, Buckley and Carter on long term deals. 

Pickering - Terrible

Markandy - you are hanging our hat on someone who's never played mens football 

Dolan - Little Boy Step Over will be found out soon

Bucko - 🤷‍♂️  not been great really has he

Carter - Donkey 

We are.screwed, cheers Tony.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Pickering - Terrible

Markandy - you are hanging our hat on someone who's never played mens football 

Dolan - Little Boy Step Over will be found out soon

Bucko - 🤷‍♂️  not been great really has he

Carter - Donkey 

We are.screwed, cheers Tony.

Bit harsh on the players, most of them have shown plenty of potential at stages, I think the problem is how poorly they get coached and managed at first team level by mowbray and his sycophantic lackies. 

I'm sure with a better pedigree of coaches and a manager that inspires them they all have the potential to be good players (at championship level at least!) 

MOWBRAY AND CRONIES OUT!!! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

Genuinely think Tony has lost the dressing room... although results weren't great up until the Derby game, alot of our performances were still half decent.. since that game we have been diabolical..

The only reason we are still close to the play offs is because of how poor everyone around us has been..

I'm hoping we replace Tony with someone of  class.. and we can start afresh

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Genuinely think Tony has lost the dressing room... although results weren't great up until the Derby game, alot of our performances were still half decent.. since that game we have been diabolical..

The only reason we are still close to the play offs is because of how poor everyone around us has been..

I'm hoping we replace Tony with someone of  class.. and we can start afresh

Even if he has lost the dressing room, players with an excellent chance of getting to the must be even thicker than I thought if they downed tools when there’s a lifetime of riches beckoning. Or maybe, like the manager, they aren’t very good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

You don't half spout some shite.

Not once did I promote Coyle for the manager's job at Rovers.

Get your facts right before you have a pop at anyone.

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

No I feckin didn't.

When the post was vacant, not once did I say we should appoint Coyle.  Full stop.

😉

• Like 2

As well as Sharpe becoming more critical of Mowbray, I also thought the commentary team had changed their tune when watching the posh game. They normally try and put a positive spin on things but were deflated and basically saying "this is shite and unacceptable".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gav said:

I’m sure they never had £25m+ of players sat on the bench like they had at Ewood earlier this season.

But do carry on, it makes for entertaining reading. 

This comment did prompt me to do a bit of research. Here are the final Championship league positions that season with the basic, outgoing transfer spend on playing staff. Source is TransferMarkt.  Rather than plod through all 24 clubs Ive tried to take a cross section of those clubs who may have been higher spenders, I.e. former PL or larger city clubs. 

1st - WBA - £20m

2nd - Stoke - £6.25m

3rd - Hull - £2.81m

4th - Bristol City - £3.78m

5th - Palace - £1.49m

6th - Watford - £9.38m

7th - Wolves - £6.75m

9th - Sheff United - £8.91 

11th - Charlton - £12.18m

12th - Cardiff - £0.00

14th - QPR - £8.93m

17th - Norwich - £2.03m

20th - Saints - £2.81m

22nd - Leicester - £7.79m

So, considering in the previous 3 seasons they had also spent a combined £30m with a net spend of £18m or so, it’s actually quite logical to think they may have had quite an expensive bench, certainly by Championship standards.  WBA were big spenders and whilst TM clearly succeeded, it would have been a minimum expectation to get promoted I would imagine.  He outspent all other clubs by close to double!

This doesn’t take in to account net spend that season.  They sold £29m of players in the summer, including a combined £15m on Diomansy Kamara and Jason Koumas, £5m on Nathan Ellington, £4m on Kusczack to United etc etc. But, on balance, £20m spend in the Champ at that time (on top of an expensively assembled squad from previous years) was quite a war chest!

The following season they spent a further £22m but went down dead last with 32 points.  So all in all, 3 seasons, £45m spent, one promotion and one relegation. 

Purely for our own nostalgia, in the 07/08 summer window Rovers spent £5.58m, most of which was on Santa Cruz.  We finished 7th in the Prem.  What a team that was! 

• Like 9