BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

None taken, we’re all used to people on here reading things and then applying their own lense and putting 2+2 together to get 5.

So, in the interests of clarity. Joe Rothwells Dad was on the train to Coventry City and interjected a group of Rovers fans discussing (slagging) the team off. Began the conversation with “Hey, don’t talk about my lad like that….” then went on to say everything in my last post. That did happen, fact. This has been further corroborated by two or three other posters on here, who as far as we know have independently backed up those claims. Him saying this stuff is pretty standard and NOTHING like the Trippier stuff. Odd that you’ve made that link.

So, feel free to cast aspersions on the character of Rothwells Dad if you like. The truth is that he didn’t really give a fuck about speaking out. His lad had been denied a potential chance to x4 his wages and has pretty much downed tools since January anyway. He’ll 100% not be playing for us next season.

I appreciate there are some on here who just don’t want to believe it because it jars with their understanding of how football / life works. That’s fine, iv just tried to give as much info as possible about a conversation which did actually occur.

I believe you.

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

None taken, we’re all used to people on here reading things and then applying their own lense and putting 2+2 together to get 5.

So, in the interests of clarity. Joe Rothwells Dad was on the train to Coventry City and interjected a group of Rovers fans discussing (slagging) the team off. Began the conversation with “Hey, don’t talk about my lad like that….” then went on to say everything in my last post. That did happen, fact. This has been further corroborated by two or three other posters on here, who as far as we know have independently backed up those claims. Him saying this stuff is pretty standard and NOTHING like the Trippier stuff. Odd that you’ve made that link.

So, feel free to cast aspersions on the character of Rothwells Dad if you like. The truth is that he didn’t really give a fuck about speaking out. His lad had been denied a potential chance to x4 his wages and has pretty much downed tools since January anyway. He’ll 100% not be playing for us next season.

I appreciate there are some on here who just don’t want to believe it because it jars with their understanding of how football / life works. That’s fine, iv just tried to give as much info as possible about a conversation which did actually occur.

I don’t know why anyone would think any of what you said isn’t more than plausible.

- Bournemouth had bid £3.5m rising to £6m if they were promoted for JR at Christmas. - Mowbray wanted the cash at Christmas to strengthen and Venkys refused it.

Pretty much confirmed. The promotion add on would be fairly standard, if a little generous.

- JR has a x4 wage increase offer on the table with Bournemouth vs Rovers offer.

Entirely feasible. In fact, almost certain.

- The general training / coaching at Rovers is average

If anything this seems a generous assessment based on the last few months.

- Venus deals with the contracts but is a troublemaker

Mowbray has stated the first part to be true. the second part I have no difficulty believing, considering his attendance at village council meeting trying to push through training ground sales. He seems a dick.

- Venus on behalf of Mowbray is advising the out of contract players not to sign deals with any other clubs because they’re going to WBA in the summer and could offer them a better one.

West Brom links/rumours are there, of course WBA would offer significantly better deals (we would if we had any sense). Obviously Venus hasn’t discussed specifics, nothing is concrete and there may be exaggeration from Venus or Rothwell Senior, but if Mowbray has a new job lined up, or even the chance of one, of course conversations like this will happen. 

13 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reading Uni educated, so would understand English Football culture, was friends with a mate of mine. 

Can only hope he takes over, he'd surely know what to do.

So you want to hand the reigns of a multi-million pound company to a 20something year old?

Are you mad?

• Like 2

I don't post often on here but on the Joe Rothwell's fathers conversation

Has anyone considered that he will only be repeating what his son has "told him"

I told my dad watered down, biased versions of practically all my life events, usually to stop him worrying and often slanting tales to paint me in a better light - maybe this is what JR has done?

As for the topic itself - Mowbray

At the start of this season probably a 5.5 over his whole tenure (although I wanted him gone during last seasons collapse, and was convinced that if there had been fans in the ground - he would have been fired!)

Now he is 2/10 - and any good will he had earned over his time has evaporated 

• Like 6

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2/saison_id/2021

No particular surprise given what we have seen but yes we are bottom of the table for disciplinary this season.

So for all Mowbray's talk about 'nice human beings' and naive kids learning their way in a mans league this seems at odds with that.

I didn't know anything about these supposed links to West Brom but probably haven't been paying too much attention. Is it proper genuine?

Interesting point about Venus telling the out of contract players not to sign new deals so they can pick them up for free at West Brom. I cant for one second think that any of those out of contract players would want to go near Mowbray again. Nyambe he has basically ruined, especially this year with his insistence on taking him off to play a centre back in his spot.
Would Rothwell or Lenihan even want to listen to any more of his unenthusiastic drivel.

If I was any of the players currently at the club I would want a break from Mowbray just as much as the fans do, he must be just horrific to listen to on a daily basis.

I will tell you one thing though, I would gladly send over all 3 of Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe to West Brom if it guaranteed that Mowbray was leaving. My fear that he'll still be here is based of the horrors of last year where most people expected him to walk/be sacked at the end of the season and as the early weeks of summer went by he stayed hanging around. How glorious would it be to see him over thinking things with playing players out of position for a club that's not us!

If nothing else it will mean that West Brom will more than likely underachieve and its one less promotion spot to worry about next year

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2/saison_id/2021

No particular surprise given what we have seen but yes we are bottom of the table for disciplinary this season.

So for all Mowbray's talk about 'nice human beings' and naive kids learning their way in a mans league this seems at odds with that.

90% of our bookings come from stupid fouls and pullbacks in the middle third. We aren’t a dirty side, it’s just sloppy, unnecessary and undisciplined nothing fouls often caused by people being out of position and the shape being a mess.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

For four months, not forever - he can demand whatever wages he wants and ask for a considerable signing on fee in June.  And sorry if my memory is playing tricks on me, but wasn't it common knowledge on the final day of the transfer window that Bournemouth pulled out of the deal with Rothwell already on his way down there? The story I recall is that they plumped for Keiffer Moore instead?   Has it since become common knowledge that our illustrious owners did indeed veto the deal?  Is there any evidence for it?

His Dad sounds like a bit of a clown to be honest.  I bet he wasn't bad mouthing Rovers when we signed him and paid him a stack more than Oxford would have been doing - if Rovers did reject a deal for him then they were completely within their rights and shouldn't make any apologies for doing so.

Edited by Jimmy612

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

No surprise. Maybe Rothwell’s Dad was just mouthing off, or quite possibly didn’t know the full story 
Unless West Brom’s owners are as daft as ours, there is no way they would jettison Bruce for Mowbray.

Evidently they are not that stupid. 

Please don’t let this mean we are stuck with Mowbray.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As expected, Mowbray wont be going back to West Brom. We can also put allegations of our assistant manager tapping all of our players up and the rest of that fake rumour to bed.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. This is Blackburn Rovers after all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

And we haven’t got one of what I would consider to be a “ hard man “ in the team. Travis is only playing at it. They’ll all soft lads who think kicking the ball at an opponent is being ‘“ hard “.

• Like 3

Just now, TimmyJimmy said:

Rothwell's dad? Did anyone check that it actually was him and not just some random having a laugh at gullibles on a train!?

🤣🤣🤣. Reminds me of when a couple of lads in Cardiff (for either the fa semi v Arsenal or league cup final) thought our mate was Alan Stubbs he played up to it as well. So if there’s anyone on here who thought you met Alan Stubbs in Cardiff then sorry. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, matt83 said:

🤣🤣🤣. Reminds me of when a couple of lads in Cardiff (for either the fa semi v Arsenal or league cup final) thought our mate was Alan Stubbs he played up to it as well. So if there’s anyone on here who thought you met Alan Stubbs in Cardiff then sorry. 

Reminds me of someone ringing the club pretending to be an upset Steve Kean.

I wish someone would release that.

• Like 2

My mate played a trick on me when I was little. 2 dad's and their kids were playing football on the playground.  My mate told me one of the dad's was a Burnley player forget which one.  He begged Me to get his autograph so I went over and asked him. I said (such and such a name) can I have ur autograph the dad said I don't play for Burnley.  He was just a regular dad.  I turned around and my mate was on the floor in hysterics.  I felt like having the ground swallow me up.

Edited by roverandout

43 minutes ago, roverandout said:

My mate played a trick on me when I was little. 2 dad's and their kids were playing football on the playground.  My mate told me one of the dad's was a Burnley player forget which one.  He begged Me to get his autograph so I went over and asked him. I said (such and such a name) can I have ur autograph the dad said I don't play for Burnley.  He was just a regular dad.  I turned around and my mate was on the floor in hysterics.  I felt like having the ground swallow me up.

The part where he wasn't a Burnley player wasn't even the embarassing bit.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Well Mowbray isn't going to West Brom. So we can put that rumour to bed.

Was never really a strong rumour was it. As is always the case on this forum with a rumour, it turns out to be absolute nonsense 😂 Was it a @Mercer special or someone else? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Absolutely, which is why if he wants to stay he'll be allowed to IMO.

Take away what we see as fans and our emotions. Take away that we supporters generally understand football and that we have an emotional investment in it and that we spend our hard earned limited money following it. 

The people in power be that Venkys, Waggott or whoever else is in charge here don't have that investment. They aren't football people or Rovers people or they take money out of the game as an income rather than spend it at Ewood. 

End of season review and Mowbray has ticked just about every box Venkys will want ticking

• Navigated the choppy waters of a pandemic and ground closures
  • Accepted, worked with and potentially improved our league position whilst drastically cutting wages, spending little
  • Sold Armstrong for big money, will sell Brereton for big money
  • Kept wages under control (unfortunately meaning we lose Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell for nothing)
  • Got on with it all causing zero fuss or aggro and never blaming the owners or causing them any grief

He's perfect for them. Why would they want someone else and risk losing the above?

Sadly I think your right and it boils down to what Tony wants