BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Should have sold him when we had the chance 

With hindsight, aye. He hasn't been much use since, so I'd rather have had the money and bought a replacement. At the time it was a 50-50 kinda decision though. If he could keep his dedication and focus up, keeping a key part of a winning team seemed the better decision than upsetting the formula. But he has done no such thing.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

I missed the first half so can't comment on that. But what on earth is this ref playing at?

He gave Blackpool nothing first half and missed what looked like a penalty for them, reckon he’s seen it at half time and wants to make up for it 

Just now, bluebruce said:

With hindsight, aye. He hasn't been much use since, so I'd rather have had the money and bought a replacement. At the time it was a 50-50 kinda decision though. If he could keep his dedication and focus up, keeping a key part of a winning team seemed the better decision than upsetting the formula. But he has done no such thing.

When he didn’t play in the Luton game, had to be shipped off. He left then whether we sold him or not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I missed the first half so can't comment on that. But what on earth is this ref playing at?

He missed a Pool penalty in the first half and if you ask me he’s been told that at half time - which is against the rules - and he’s now therefore giving everything to Pool until it’s levelled out. 

Just now, yankfan said:

When he didn’t play in the Luton game, had to be shipped off. He left then whether we sold him or not. 

Aye, at that point I was of a mind to sell him too, after previously thinking we should refuse. Sounds like either the owners vetoed it or Bournemouth dropped out (think their plan was always more about unsettling us than signing him).

• Like 1

Change of system has been a disaster thus far, way too open, huge potential to be caught on the break and their passing game is very effective when they run it. All for gambling but there’s not much of a plan up front.

Shayne Lavery looks a real handful and is unlucky not to have scored.

This one has all the hallmarks of late heartbreak.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

He missed a Pool penalty in the first half and if you ask me he’s been told that at half time - which is against the rules - and he’s now therefore giving everything to Pool until it’s levelled out. 

Who would have told him that?

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Who would have told him that?

You’re guess is as good as mine. Perhaps he looked at his phone and saw the videos on Twitter? Perhaps his wife text him? Perhaps someone went in and showed it him on an iPad? Perhaps a referee friend gave him a tip off?

Just now, J*B said:

You’re guess is as good as mine. Perhaps he looked at his phone and saw the videos on Twitter? Perhaps his wife text him? Perhaps someone went in and showed it him on an iPad? Perhaps a referee friend gave him a tip off?

Seems beyond speculative. A better explanation for me is he is just yet another woeful and inconsistent Championship ref. Occam's Razor and all that.

• Like 2

Tony has obviously been working hard to get the team back to his usual standard of defending after such a solid first half (ish) of the season. Combine that with Diaz drying up and this was so inevitable. Luckily we had enough points in the bank to not be in danger of going down. Time to go Tony

2 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Blackpool head and shoulders the better side. Shocking just shocking. Where's the passion? Wheres the fight? Where's the desperation? Where's the effing manager?

Away v the nobbers is a bit of a concern....they are building some momentum