BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They did nothing until the Blackpool fan donned the ref's top in the second half. 

They should have been ahead at half time. Luckily our last ditch defending was mostly decent today, but they came at us so many times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Has anyone seen the Dack offside goal again? The SKY highlights haven't shown it - I was sure he turned a Blackpool player and, therefore, couldn't have been offside. 

Saw a replay at the time. Not the perfect angle to tell, but yeh he looked offside when the ball was played, just not when it arrived.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Another typical Mowbray performance, he is stealing a living  at Ewood Park...

Should have gone 3 years ago ...

Not sure how many season ticket holders we have , if he stays (god forbid) at least 25% will not renew..

That today was shocking !

Good crowd on today as well and they serve up that shower of manure.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Has anyone seen the Dack offside goal again? The SKY highlights haven't shown it - I was sure he turned a Blackpool player and, therefore, couldn't have been offside. 

I do not think he was offside when he received the ball just before turning the defender.

He may however have just come back from being slightly offside.

I'm going to wait for the replay on RoversTV to check.

In fact I'm going to watch the whole game again to see if some of ours were really as pathetic as I think and I don't mean the usual suspects either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Awful today.Rothwell should be out of the starting 11 next week, going through the motions

Along with others but he was abysmal today, Van heck well under par Pickering dreadful, Nyambe not used, Dolan -- did he do anything today, all in all a shocking display. this is not a team that wants to finish top six, and if Gallagher gets MOM well that speaks volumes. Well naffed off tonight, Please Mowbray GO GO GO

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He didn't look offside to me it looked like one moment of class play.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘Everyone’ in the league hasn’t nosedived from 2nd to 7th and won 2 in 13 though, Tony. 

If they play like that again, I'll be interested to see how he explains dropping points against bottom of the league Peterborough.

We had the better players.

Pool had the better team.

Mowbray 0

Critchley 1

Sorry Mogga.  I've defended you for a long enough. Now it's time.

His legacy will be that ALL the players work hard.  But are confused about WHERE on the pitch this hard work is to be done.

Sad really......

Pool 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He didn't look offside to me it looked like one moment of class play.

Looked like Lenihan completely fucked up a cross once again to me, and it fell luckily to Dack. I wasn’t sure if he was on or off, but to be fair to the linesman, he flagged instantly. So whatever he saw he was certain of.

The officiating today was a complete fucking disgrace - the fact that the foul/free kick at the end took 2 minutes to resolve, and he blew as soon as TK kicked it, was blatant cheating. I can’t believe more aren’t fuming about this. He saved Mowbray a lot of abuse though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Looked like Lenihan completely fucked up a cross once again to me, and it fell luckily to Dack. I wasn’t sure if he was on or off, but to be fair to the linesman, he flagged instantly. So whatever he saw he was certain of.

The officiating today was a complete fucking disgrace - the fact that the foul/free kick at the end took 2 minutes to resolve, and he blew as soon as TK kicked it, was blatant cheating. I can’t believe more aren’t fuming about this. He saved Mowbray a lot of abuse though.

I was at the opposite side to the lino so didn't see what he might have but it looked legit to me. Was bouncing around for 30 secs before i saw the barstewards flag.

I agree the officials were their usual standard of incompetence.

Disappointed by the results and performances by some players today. We started well and Gallagher took his goal well enough. He played good today in the main striker role and that's is where he should be playing all of the time. Rovers had a great chance by Brereton with a header  from corner but he headed over the bar. Blackpool were a constant threat all game and went close in the first half with a shot from a corner and Hamilton should have scored a one on one with Kaminski. But was happy overall with going in 1 nil up at half time. 

Second half Rovers were slow and conceded a goal from a corner. Rovers never really got going second half and actually created very little. Dack did scored and its looked onside to me given he roll his man to score past the keeper. Will look forward to seeing a replay on that.  But as the game went on I felt Rovers weren't never going to win the game and would concede another but didn't. 

Didn't like Mowbray starting formation and think it time to drop it and go 4-2-3-1 formation. But when Buckley and Dack came on we went to another one of Mowbray's  Weird formation of 2 wide strikers and 2 number 10's. It never going to work and didn't. I would have took off Rothwell and Nyambe for Buckley and Dack. Keep Gallagher in the main striker role and Dack as 10. Buckley as centre midfielder. He seems to have no faith in Giles or  Hedges in being able to win games or impact on games. 2 wasted January signings. 

Also felt that far too many players were poor performance wise like Nyambe, Wharton(first half), Rothwell, Pickering, Dolan.

I also feel that Mowbray is going through the motions and he knows he is leaving Rovers next month whatever happens IMO.

My last point its was a great to see the reception Mr Blackburn Tony Parkes got off the fans of both clubs and we should always remember him as a Rovers club legend.

• Like 1

Sat in the riverside for this right inline with the edge of the penalty area. dack had his leg wrongside of defender and was off side. In fact he had done this on a number of times before and would have been off side if he had received the ball then as well. The whole game had an end of season feel with nothing to play for apart from the shenanigans at the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mrs Shoelaces just had the winner in the national.I don’t know how she does it, she knows nothing about horses.

Snap so did my missus - mine just goes for the name!  I will share in her happiness tonight - takeaway and wine is on her.

Saying nowt about my bets. 

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If Mowbray is indeed going through the motions, then surely we should get rid of him now?

I would say Mowbray knows his time is coming to end here and his contract won't be renew after the next month of games. He will leave the club. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he has been told this from the club and owners. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Mowbray knows his time is coming to end here and his contract won't be renew after the next month of games. He will leave the club. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he has been told this from the club and owners. 

We should get rid of him now then - as in right now - don't you agree? There are 5 games left to play, and unlikely as it seems, we could sneak into the play offs. Even someone coming in temporarily could give us a boost.

• Like 8