BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

50 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The player who has let me down the most recently is Rothwell. Thought it was a bonus for us when he stayed past January, but don't see the big loss right now.

Yes I think Rothwell has been massive disappointment since his January move to Bournemouth didn't happen. Rovers should have agreed to his move to Bournemouth and brought in 2 or 3 players with that money

20 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

On the Rothwell point I think what he is producing now is more typical of his time at Rovers than earlier in the season. He as always been very frustrating having a lot of ability but let down by application. 

I agree with the above comment

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Throughout this horror run I’ve still felt, despite the results, despite some bad luck, despite some extremely questionable tactics, that the players have kept working hard and have still believed… until yesterday.

I agree.

Belief and confidence were visibly lacking yesterday.

That group of players need a leader that is what was missing yesterday and there certainly wasn't one on the sidelines. 

He really is an oddball manager because the shambles he sent out v Derby he spent the entire first half bawling at certain players. Johnson in particular so it's no wonder there was some sort of bust up at half time there. Yet yesterday he seemed reluctant to have a go at anyone despite the fact they really needed it.

Then when balls are going astray and no urgency whatsoever with 5 mins to go he's stood there clapping a player who puts an aimless punt into touch. Afterwards he's saying i won't criticize my players and i can't explain to the fans why we were so bad !!!

The guy is unreal he comes across like he's lost them and is trying to get them back onside. Only Dolan and Gallagher looked up for it in that fist half yesterday before they too disappeared. The normally reliable Wharton and Van Hecke looked disinterested and half arsed.  The rest of them wanted no responsibility and if ever there should have been a bollocking it was half time yesterday.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I take your point about rushing through an appointment, but agree with @DE.that a caretaker would likely get better results than Mowbray on the run in.

I normally wince when ex-players are being touted as managers, but I do think Ainsworth has shown enough to be given an opportunity at a bigger club.

It’s far too simplistic to say he only has a team 7th in League One. If he was at Sunderland or Wigan I would agree.

Ainsworth is at a club with very sparse resources whose natural level is League Two. 
He got them promoted to the Championship when they were favourites for relegation, made a reasonable fist it of it last season and has his team competing for promotion again this season.

I don’t think any manager could be doing better at Wycombe, under the circumstances.

His connection to Rovers would be a bonus, and we know he would be taking the job for the right reasons.

Unfortunately, it’s highly unlikely anyway. It will be back to HSH Jurassic Park for another dinosaur.

I think the one think for me with Gareth that I absolutely despise about Tony is you know full well that win or lose as a fan he would be pushing that team, urging them to finish the job, and would be going through the same emotions we are as the game goes on.

I can't remember the last time Tony looked like he remotely gave a damn, from his interviews to his touchline demeanour, and discounting the constant collapses is the number one thing I have to criticise him for. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That group of players need a leader that is what was missing yesterday and there certainly wasn't one on the sidelines. 

He really is an oddball manager because the shambles he sent out v Derby he spent the entire first half bawling at certain players. Johnson in particular so it's no wonder there was some sort of bust up at half time there. Yet yesterday he seemed reluctant to have a go at anyone despite the fact they really needed it.

Then when balls are going astray and no urgency whatsoever with 5 mins to go he's stood there clapping a player who puts an aimless punt into touch. Afterwards he's saying i won't criticize my players and i can't explain to the fans why we were so bad !!!

The guy is unreal he comes across like he's lost them and is trying to get them back onside. Only Dolan and Gallagher looked up for it in that fist half yesterday before they too disappeared. The normally reliable Wharton and Van Hecke looked disinterested and half arsed.  The rest of them wanted no responsibility and if ever there should have been a bollocking it was half time yesterday.

The silence is deafening on the Johnson one. His Twitter posted, which was fully justified in my opinion, probably means he won't be seen in the squad again.

Whether or not that's caused some sort of mutiny I do now know, but there is something evidently wrong since then, so perhaps there has been.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I think Rothwell has been massive disappointment since his January move to Bournemouth didn't happen. Rovers should have agreed to his move to Bournemouth and brought in 2 or 3 players with that money

I agree with the above comment

He's always been a disappointment with occasionally flashes of being world class. As I said at the time, let him go to Bournemouth and be a passenger for them.

Not that any of it would have mattered. With the money TM would have just signed another midfielder and expected them to score goals.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, booth said:

He's always been a disappointment with occasionally flashes of being world class. As I said at the time, let him go to Bournemouth and be a passenger for them.

Not that any of it would have mattered. With the money TM would have just signed another midfielder and expected them to score goals.

That or we would have chased an injury prone player, who'd fail his medical at the last minute. Tony fans would say "well how could the manager possibly forsee that recently injured/regularly injured player could possibly fail a medical?" whilst Mowbray and club would act like this player was the only possible option, therefore we did our best and let's crack on with that standard February death spiral and mid table finish. 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I normally wince when ex-players are being touted as managers, but I do think Ainsworth has shown enough to be given an opportunity at a bigger club.

It’s far too simplistic to say he only has a team 7th in League One. If he was at Sunderland or Wigan I would agree.

Ainsworth is at a club with very sparse resources whose natural level is League Two. 
He got them promoted to the Championship when they were favourites for relegation, made a reasonable fist it of it last season and has his team competing for promotion again this season.

I don’t think any manager could be doing better at Wycombe, under the circumstances.

His connection to Rovers would be a bonus, and we know he would be taking the job for the right reasons.

Unfortunately, it’s highly unlikely anyway. It will be back to HSH Jurassic Park for another dinosaur.

Agree with the Ainsworth comments above. He has done a great job at Wycombe

11 minutes ago, booth said:

We had a deal for Barnsley midfielder Callum Styles agree in January. I would also have look at Cameron Brannagan at Oxford. He's score goals from Midfield. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree with the Ainsworth comments above. He has done a great job at Wycombe

We had a deal for Barnsley midfielder Callum Styles agree in January. I would also have look at Cameron Brannagan at Oxford. He's score goals from Midfield. 

We primarily needed a goalscorer.

In midfield I'd have brought in Swift at Reading as he can score goals too.

• Like 1

• Backroom

We’ve approached Ainsworth in the past but wanted him to walk away from Wycombe on his own accord to avoid any compo which he didn’t want to entertain 

At least according to someone very close to him 

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

We’ve approached Ainsworth in the past but wanted him to walk away from Wycombe on his own accord to avoid any compo which he didn’t want to entertain 

At least according to someone very close to him 

If that's true, it just shows how little our owners and advisers have learned since 2010.

They piss money away needlessly, but won't spend it when it's clearly justified and necessary.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, booth said:

We primarily needed a goalscorer.

In midfield I'd have brought in Swift at Reading as he can score goals too.

During the Reading away game, Andy Bayes during his commentary said that Rovers and Mowbray had look at signing Swift but his current wages were well beyond Rovers wage budget. 

Maybe if he had Gallagher has a striker we might have scored more goals inside of this wide forward rubbish. 

If you wanted Goalscorer then we should have sign Rhys Healey from Toulouse for example

16 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My wife just goes off names as well. We were out in Spain about 10 years ago and she was on the phone to her son back in England who was reading out the National runners. She was looking out of the window at a really dull grey cloudy sky. When he got to one called “ Many Clouds “ or something with clouds in it  she said “ That’ll do, put me a fiver each way on that “.  Of course the bugger won. She only has a bet once a year, on the National.

It was indeed Many Clouds, one of Trevor Hemmings' horses.  I believe there is also a Bar named after that horse at Aintree.

I manged to get 5th & 7th today (luckily the bookies were paying out on 5th). We have always let the kids pick a couple of horses on the National & my daughter got 3rd & 4th today.  She's made up with her £27 for a £2.50 EW bet on each.

44 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Isn't Ainsworth our of contract this summer?

Signed a new long term contract in Feb 2020, his previous contract (signed in 2018) was due to expire in 2023, so the new contract could probably add a couple of years at least on the end date of old one.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Signed a new long term contract in Feb 2020, his previous contract (signed in 2018) was due to expire in 2023, so the new contract could probably add a couple of years on the old one.

I'm hopeful (I know I know) that they wouldn't pay the fee for Ainsworth last time because they also would've had to pay severence for the incumbents.

If we approach Ainsworth this summer, we've no severence to pay and Ainsworth is one year cheaper.

Hopefully.

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

During the Reading away game, Andy Bayes during his commentary said that Rovers and Mowbray had look at signing Swift but his current wages were well beyond Rovers wage budget. 

Maybe if he had Gallagher has a striker we might have scored more goals inside of this wide forward rubbish. 

If you wanted Goalscorer then we should have sign Rhys Healey from Toulouse for example

Swift would have made a difference. I’d swap him for Rothwell tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

It was indeed Many Clouds, one of Trevor Hemmings' horses.  I believe there is also a Bar named after that horse at Aintree.

I manged to get 5th & 7th today (luckily the bookies were paying out on 5th). We have always let the kids pick a couple of horses on the National & my daughter got 3rd & 4th today.  She's made up with her £27 for a £2.50 EW bet on each.

Mine had to be put down, poor thing. It pulled up at the 13th fence. I have no luck with horses. One place I worked did a lot of work in the Newmarket area. The lads were always coming back with really good tips. They’d be winning loads - until I backed the horse !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

it would`nt matter who we signed or sign,tony always finds a way of making them look average,he`s continually made rothwell play either wide or to deep,last week at coventry he was running the game in the 2nd half because he was just behind dack,finding the space,this week he`s played to deep again,he does it to gallagher,dolan and buckley,who despite having an eye and the skills for a great pass,is shoved into the famed "false nine" it does`nt suit his skillset and makes him look ****,buckley is the most improved player in the team and he`s made to look a **** because the manager is a frustrating wannabe guardiola,our tone is the most annoying manager iv`e ever seen at ewood,kean made by blood boil but he was always going to get the boot sooner rather than later,mowbray could still potentially stick around for another 5 years,imagine that😥

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Swift ain't with us so lets focus on the players we have here. Buckley should have replace Rothwell. Dack for Nyambe was a obvious to make given that the back 3 formation wasn't working again but Stubborn Mowbray keeps starting with it

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Belief and confidence were visibly lacking yesterday.

But you have to ask why?

We have everything to play for,our Player's must surely want to play at the top level coupled with,if to be believed,generous bonuses for promotion thrown in.Why did so many of our Player's look tired and leggy as also noticed and mentioned on the main Blackpool fans forum?.

This downturn in form is baffling but we have seen it all before tbh,the infamous 'death spiral's' and it's looking like it's going to cost us dearly this time.

Is it a psychological problem,are the team mentally ill prepared and soft?

So many questions,too few answers....Blackburn Rovers since 2010 in a nutshell

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Swift ain't with us so lets focus on the players we have here. Buckley should have replace Rothwell. Dack for Nyambe was a obvious to make given that the back 3 formation wasn't working again but Stubborn Mowbray keeps starting with it

You are definitely letting your hatred of Nyambe cloud your judgement. You advocated playing James Brown ahead of him all week, it’s sinister now.

Dolan off for Dack was sensible. Only you and Mowbray thought bringing Dack on for Nyambe was obvious… the general consensus elsewhere is that it was idiotic.

If he was so desperate to go to a back 4 then one of the centre backs should’ve made way. Wharton was well below his usual high standards yesterday, same applies to Lenihan. As soon as that change was made our formation went to pot, players were all over the shop and nobody knew what they were doing… except Gallagher who promptly went over and stood on the touchline and barely strayed back infield.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 7

He always seems to drag Dolan off, nice kid doesn't rock the boat off you come son for another of my baffling experiments.

Never seen a manager over complicate things so much just like yesterday with 5 min plus injury time to go. They are treating it like a practice session passing it sideways and backwards across the back in their own half and he just stands there.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

You are definitely letting your hatred of Nyambe cloud your judgement. You advocated playing James Brown ahead of him all week, it’s sinister now.

Dolan off for Dack was sensible. Only you and Mowbray thought bringing Dack on for Nyambe was obvious… the general consensus elsewhere is that it was idiotic.

I have no hatred towards any Rovers players thanks Duncan. So please refrain such rubbish. I just don't rate Nyambe as highly as you do. That's a different of opinion. 

Yes I advocated playing James Brown cos of Mowbray's comments on Thursday about Nyambe and Lenihan being available. I was surprise to see both start. 

So Dack was going to play on the right wing then? How was that obvious? 

Going to back 4 was the right decision and I would have started that formation for a number of games previously. The back 3 isn't working and defiantly didn't work in the first half either. 

43 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If he was so desperate to go to a back 4 then one of the centre backs should’ve made way. Wharton was well below his usual high standards yesterday, same applies to Lenihan. As soon as that change was made our formation went to pot, players were all over the shop and nobody knew what they were doing… except Gallagher who promptly went over and stood on the touchline and barely strayed back infield.

Nyambe was poor yesterday as Wharton(first half) and Pickering yesterday. You could have sub any of them to be honest but I would have take Nyambe off for Dack and gone to 4-2-3-1 formation with Dolan on the right, Brereton left and Gallagher in the 9 role where he played his best and scores goals from there. 

The formation went to pot cos of Mowbray going to 2 wide strikers and 2 number 10's. A system that doesn't work and no wonder it looks so poor.