BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

11 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

My mind is numb, after the last three months. 
Clean house this summer, even if we might lose a jewel or two amongst the dross, but let’s start afresh next season. It’s almost better playing for 18th, than being tantalized with promotion fantasies every week. 

Line ‘em all up Foreign Legion Style. “ step one pace forward all those who really want to play for this club next season, the rest of you fuck off out of my sight “.

20 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What is stopping us from bringing in his long term replacement now? Why do you presume anyone is advocating bringing someone in for just 5 games?

It’s probably too late to salvage anything from this season, but 5 games for a new man to have a look at his squad, and maybe try to persuade some of the out of contract players it’s worth staying would surely be better than someone coming in a couple of weeks before the new season kicks off, greeted by a decimated squad.

Well if that's opinion then gave us some potential names to this opinion?

Rothwell and Nyambe are off for sure. So any new managerial appointment ain't stopping that from happening now. Plus given that we will lose half of their squad due to their loan status or Contract will expire then not much to look at tbh. 

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Bring warnock out of retirement for 5 games. If he's successful and enjoys it give him a 1 year contract 

Warnock ha today announced his retirement from the game so that's appears non starter. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if that's opinion then gave us some potential names to this opinion?

Rothwell and Nyambe are off for sure. So any new managerial appointment ain't stopping that from happening now. Plus given that we will lose half of their squad due to their loan status or Contract will expire then not much to look at tbh. 

Warnock ha today announced his retirement from the game so that's appears non starter. 

That's why I said get him out of retirement 

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Just to clarify, you wouldn’t get rid of him now?But you want him gone at the end of the season? and you also now think he should’ve gone last summer?

Its hard to keep up with your opinions on Mowbray. More ins and outs than the Hokey Cokey.

Not really hard to follow tbh. I posted a very lengthy post after the Barnsley away game last season on 17th February saying why a change of manager was needed and how we could go about it. 

I think Mowbray will leave the club after the last game of the season

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

My personal choice would be Gareth Ainsworth. He’s consistently got his teams performing better than the sum of their parts. For all the bullshit I’ve heard lately about overachieving, Mowbray cannot do this. I’d also like someone in place at Ewood who gets it. Someone who understands the fans and the club, and someone who actually gives a shit.

Fair enough and someone I have suggested in the past. He would be on my shortlist if we want a manager appointment and not go down the Director of Football/head coach model which I think Rovers should be employing here IMO. 

Dack was offside all day long for that goal-and given nice and early.

Any nonsense about Blackpool being dirty is tosh.

The ref was standard and nothing he did affected the result. All stuff about refs on here is pointless deflection to avoid the pathetic performance of the home side. Blackpool should certainly have had a penalty.

Blackpool are a bang average side and club with little money but they worked hard and gave their best and that was more than good enough for us. In fact, a fair result would have been 1-2/3.

Rovers fans were quiet all game because they knew they were watching mediocre dross and had little to get excited about.

Blackpool fans were vocal because they knew that their team were average workhorses but that they gave all.

Mowbray and his staff are mediocre and going through the motions.

This side is mediocre and going through the motions.

This side, even the best players, seemed to have lost faith in the club and management.

Any sensible and longstanding fan with half a brain, sadly, will also have little faith that those in charge (whoever that might be) have an iota of sense to bring in an inspiring and competent replacement team. (Or of course, one could argue that those making any such decision about replacements, have a vested interest in hiring incompetents or pliable numpties who will keep gravy trains going.)

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Although neither have signed a new contract, you don't know for certain that a new manager might tempt them to stay.

What if, for arguments sake, they appointed Rooney as manager. Those 2 might very well look at the prospect of working with a such a high profile name and adding in his good work at Derby enough to sign a new deal.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

My choice Rooney. He has proved to be a great motivator and a tactician without money or stability. I never thought I would use any of the above to describe him but he could just be a good manager

He will be at a Premiership club next I expect. Has a bigger profile and done a better job at Derby than Lampard did (relative to the circumstances) and that was enough for him to land a top job. Not how it should be at all, as he hasn't proven enough as a manager yet, but how it very likely will be because of his rep as a player.

I'd be 50/50 on whether to have him here, not been in management long enough to gauge, but done a good job at Derby and his profile would help attract players.

If we were a proper run club we- being the fans- would be getting told on what is happening with moany towbray, I know I’d feel a damn sight better if I knew it really was his final games . I can’t support this team next year if he is still the manager, I’m not doing more of the same 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Dack was offside all day long for that goal-and given nice and early.

Any nonsense about Blackpool being dirty is tosh.

The ref was standard and nothing he did affected the result. All stuff about refs on here is pointless deflection to avoid the pathetic performance of the home side. Blackpool should certainly have had a penalty.

Blackpool are a bang average side and club with little money but they worked hard and gave their best and that was more than good enough for us. In fact, a fair result would have been 1-2/3.

Rovers fans were quiet all game because they knew they were watching mediocre dross and had little to get excited about.

Blackpool fans were vocal because they knew that their team were average workhorses but that they gave all.

Mowbray and his staff are mediocre and going through the motions.

This side is mediocre and going through the motions.

This side, even the best players, seemed to have lost faith in the club and management.

Any sensible and longstanding fan with half a brain, sadly, will also have little faith that those in charge (whoever that might be) have an iota of sense to bring in an inspiring and competent replacement team. (Or of course, one could argue that those making any such decision about replacements, have a vested interest in hiring incompetents or pliable numpties who will keep gravy trains going.)

Post of the last few months..

• Like 1

Today, I saw Pickering get beat over ten yards with a five yard head start. Unreal

Rothwell looked like he has never played football before.

It’s all about biting down and taking the pain for the next five games. We simply aren’t good enough for promotion. A refreshing restart in the summer is what’s needed.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

Mowbray has installed Venus as some strange hybrid assistant manager/head of football. We are told that a large part of that role is sorting out contracts for players.

So if one of the reasons Nyambe and Rothwell haven't signed is because of bad blood due to past negotiations then it isn't inconceivable that a change in management team might make them think again.

Of course we'd need owners with some interest to find out if that was the case.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Good point , Mowbray wasted at the minimum 30secs of injury time ...Very strange substitution indeed..

That is now becoming a bit suss it's like he's just getting him his appearance money. That sub today at that stage made no sense whatsoever.

If this kind of stuff plus the way ex boro players here seem to be able to do what they want was happening under a Kean or a Coyle there'd be uproar.  As well as some very intense scrutiny.

• Like 5

Putting aside today’s abject showing for a minute, am I the only one to correlate our post Christmas demise with the arrival of our new stadium announcer? I can understand the odd mistake at first (there were many) but today took the proverbial. It was clear that Gally scored the goal given the abysmal touch he took that nearly ruined the chance completely. The MOTM was also ballsed up and a substitution as well. Frankly it’s a dim reflection of the whole club at present. 

• Like 4