BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If the owners actually care  then this aspect needs going through with a fine tooth comb.

I was told that they'd made a VERY substantial budget available to Mowbray and Waggott in January in addition to the potential bonuses which were publicised.

If this is true, why wasn't it utilised when we'll NEVER get a chance as good again?

Don't understand what's happening with Dack either. What's the point in keeping him off the front line until any chance of going up is mathematically gone?

Who keeps telling you this information? A substantial budget that Mowbray presumably chose not to spend? Utter rubbish. But the thing is that it is impossible to disprove.

I asked the other day, has anything come from those promising whispers you heard in regards to the owners earlier this season?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Mowbray knows his time is coming to end here and his contract won't be renew after the next month of games. He will leave the club. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he has been told this from the club and owners. 

You think the owners are that proactive? Even if there is no chance of a new deal here, it is in his best interests to get us in the play offs or even promoted as it would be brilliant for his CV. Dont confuse a lack of care and issues regarding competence, for example his strange tactics in the second half. Hes quite a dour, reserved man in general.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Snap so did my missus - mine just goes for the name!  I will share in her happiness tonight - takeaway and wine is on her.

Saying nowt about my bets. 

My wife just goes off names as well. We were out in Spain about 10 years ago and she was on the phone to her son back in England who was reading out the National runners. She was looking out of the window at a really dull grey cloudy sky. When he got to one called “ Many Clouds “ or something with clouds in it  she said “ That’ll do, put me a fiver each way on that “.  Of course the bugger won. She only has a bet once a year, on the National.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Terrible today, everyone seemed to freeze in the second half. They should have had 2 from terrible mistakes by Wharton and Lenihan. Brereton was miles off it as was Dolan who is overrated IMO. Pickering was crap, Giles was terrible when he came on and Venkys shouldnt have interfered to insist that Rothwell stayed. The bizarre formation we used in the second half made no sense either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Since signing in the January window Hedges already has 7 appearances for Rovers on his CV ................... or a total of 141 minutes ...........

How does appearance money work these days?

Good point , Mowbray wasted at the minimum 30secs of injury time ...Very strange substitution indeed..

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I also feel that Mowbray is going through the motions and he knows he is leaving Rovers next month whatever happens IMO.

That's a standard assessment of TM's entire career. I don't think it's anything to do with his contract running out.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We should get rid of him now then - as in right now - don't you agree? There are 5 games left to play, and unlikely as it seems, we could sneak into the play offs. Even someone coming in temporarily could give us a boost.

You could get rid I guess but who are getting in for 5 games? 

We should have sack him last season and appoint a new manager in the summer. Now we need to appoint new manager or head coach plus a coaching team and I would appoint a director of football but I will discuss further in the proper correct thread

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You think the owners are that proactive? Even if there is no chance of a new deal here, it is in his best interests to get us in the play offs or even promoted as it would be brilliant for his CV. Dont confuse a lack of care and issues regarding competence, for example his strange tactics in the second half. Hes quite a dour, reserved man in general.

Just look his touchline matter today. No passion, fight and just seem to be going through the motions. His comments are similar. 

I think he already knows his time is done here and won't be here next season whether its a decision from the owners or his or both. Who knows but I do think he knows he's a goner after the last game of the season

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We should have sack him last season and appoint a new manager in the summer

Just look his touchline matter today. No passion, fight and just seem to be going through the motions. His comments are similar. 

I think he already knows his time is done here and won't be here next season whether its a decision from the owners or his or both. Who knows but I do think he knows he's a goner after the last game of the season

No different from what he has ever been like. He has never been one to jump around on the touchline, hes not that type of person and to be honest it doesnt matter either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should have sack him last season and appoint a new manager in the summer

That’s what I don’t understand. If they’ve decided he’s going why waste the rest of the season on him ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My wife just goes off names as well. We were out in Spain about 10 years ago and she was on the phone to her son back in England who was reading out the National runners. She was looking out of the window at a really dull grey sky. When he got to one called “ Cloudy Sky “ or “ Cloudy day “ she said “ That’ll do, put me a fiver each way on that “.  Of course the bugger won. She only has a bet once a year, on the National.

Women's intuition!

Interestingly though, I think many more women now have a bit more than a passing interest in horse racing due to the charismatic Rachael Blackmore who is, with Grand National / Cheltenham Gold Cup wins and six wins at Cheltenham last year, one remarkable woman.

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Women's intuition!

Interestingly though, I think many more women now have a bit more than a passing interest in horse racing due to the charismatic Rachael Blackmore who is, with Grand National / Cheltenham Gold Cup wins and six wins at Cheltenham last year, one remarkable woman.

I just looked it up - it was “ Many Clouds “. Of course when we eventually got back to England her son had spent her winnings !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Calling fans who questioned the performance as “Doommongers” isn’t going to help his cause at all. 

That’s Mowbray though, a manager who I don’t ever recall setting out his ambitions for where he wants to take the club, while only ever belittling any fan who “dare” criticise him or the teams performances.

What’s the point in Mowbray. Is there any?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No different from what he has ever been like. He has never been one to jump around on the touchline, hes not that type of person and to be honest it doesnt matter either way.

well I would say he at least shows some passion when decisions go the wrong way or a challenge that is over the top but nothing at all today. No Passion, fight and desire on the touchline from him. Given the crucial of today's game and the fact we could have been level points with Sheffield United

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s what I don’t understand. If they’ve decided he’s going why waste the rest of the season on him ? 

that's a question for them and the club

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Has anyone seen the Dack offside goal again? The SKY highlights haven't shown it.

It didn't show replays of different angles or with the camera in line. However from the replay they did show he looked just offside to me.

Shame because he took it really well.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should have sack him last season and appoint a new manager in the summer. Now we need to appoint new manager or head coach plus a coaching team and I would appoint a director of football but I will discuss further in the proper correct thread

What is stopping us from bringing in his long term replacement now? Why do you presume anyone is advocating bringing someone in for just 5 games?

It’s probably too late to salvage anything from this season, but 5 games for a new man to have a look at his squad, and maybe try to persuade some of the out of contract players it’s worth staying would surely be better than someone coming in a couple of weeks before the new season kicks off, greeted by a decimated squad.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bring warnock out of retirement for 5 games. If he's successful and enjoys it give him a 1 year contract 

18 minutes ago, den said:

Calling fans who questioned the performance as “Doommongers” isn’t going to help his cause at all. 

That’s Mowbray though, a manager who I don’t ever recall setting out his ambitions for where he wants to take the club, while only ever belittling any fan who “dare” criticise him or the teams performances.

What’s the point in Mowbray. Is there any?

My mind is numb, after the last three months. 
Clean house this summer, even if we might lose a jewel or two amongst the dross, but let’s start afresh next season. It’s almost better playing for 18th, than being tantalized with promotion fantasies every week. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Classic Mowbray today: He brought Buckley on to be creative, but moved him to fullback (where he can't play), because Nyambe (who can play there) was bizarrely subbed. He left the truly dreadful Pickering on the pitch rather than replace him with Giles who ended up playing God knows where. What was the formation when Hedges came on? Several players shouted to the bench for clarification. 

I don't even recall playing for a Sunday league manager who would wing it in such an amateurish fashion, and some of those blokes were an absolute shambles let me tell you.

If we had any kind of normal infrastructure he would be sacked tonight and a lot of money would be dangled before an Allardyce type figure.

Giles was playing as a LWB and put in an abject performance.

He clearly would rather be anywhere else but at Ewood.