BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s what I don’t understand. If they’ve decided he’s going why waste the rest of the season on him ? 

Mowbray leaving is speculation. The Venktards are as likely to give him another contract as to pot him. Knowing what they've been like with us, there's more chance they haven't a clue what they'll do than they do. 

• Like 1

Missed the game, but if the highlights were anything to go by then we must have been absolutely dreadful.

We had probably the easiest end of season run of games of anyone but have completely ballsed it up so far. Even if Mowbray manages to get us into the playoffs after everything, his time has to be up.

I just want this damn season to end now to be honest. Every time I get my hopes up I end up bitterly disappointed and in a foul mood. Non football fans (weird folk) will never understand how much football influences your mood.

A lot of the blame has been allocated to Mowbray, which is fair. Yesterday however it felt like the players didn't give a shit either.  I was going to fork out to go Peterborough on Friday, but after that showing I'll not be bothering now and will go out with the family instead.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Ainsworth would be an excellent shout anyway. He's plaited piss at Wycombe for  a good while and deserves a chance at a bigger club with better resources. The fact he's a Rover just adds more weight for him to come here. Imagine how sensational it would be to know the manager wants the same us rather than the dour tit we've got now.

I agree imagine having a manager who wants what’s best for the club rather that what’s best for himself. Plus even without the rovers connection there’s more logic to appointing Ainsworth now than there was for picking Mowbray in 2017

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

A little cameo yesterday summed up the current Rovers to me. Wharton had gone off and we were a man down. Lenihan moved across to cover Whartons absence but nobody dropped in to right back. For the next phase Blackpool saw an opportunity and attacked our right side and we were all over the place for a short while. At the next juncture he put Buckley at right back but it alarmed me that such a basic thing was overlooked by our leader and his cohorts.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A little cameo yesterday summed up the current Rovers to me. Wharton had gone off and we were a man down. Lenihan moved across to cover Whartons absence but nobody dropped in to right back. For the next phase Blackpool saw an opportunity and attacked our right side and we were all over the place for a short while. At the next juncture he put Buckley at right back but it alarmed me that such a basic thing was overlooked by our leader and his cohorts.

Looked like there was a big disconnect between Mowbray and some of our players yesterday. I’d wager that some are as baffled as we are with his tactics and systems.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is though, we would have to really rush through the process of appointing a manager and would be potentially eliminating options that are more likely to be available in the summer for the sake of giving him a few games before the summer,

So if you reflect solely on the last few appointments, what do you think this process involves?

I will never forget (or forgive) the Cheston comment when Coyle was appointed.

'Outstanding candidate' was how he described him.

That appointment alone cost the club hundreds, if not thousands of season ticket sales, for some of whom it was the final straw and they have never gone back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I think the players, led by Dack, were trying to sort it our amongst themselves.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That appointment alone cost the club hundreds, if not thousands of season ticket sales, for some of whom it was the final straw and they have never gone back.

It did for me TBH…the final insult…

• Like 5

8 hours ago, LDRover said:

The lad Pickering is appalling. Whoever sanctioned that needs culling.

He has looked totally lost since coming back from injury. Not dynamic enough to play in the role he's being asked to play. Think Edun is a better option there, but we need both a RWB and LWB for next season if Mowbray stays on and persists with the current system.

The player who has let me down the most recently is Rothwell. Thought it was a bonus for us when he stayed past January, but don't see the big loss right now. Travis has had to cover a lot of ground lately, and while he's good at it, he doesn't have the pace to catch players once they ghost past him. Wharton also has made a lot of mistakes and luckily Kaminski has been great between the sticks and van Hecke plays well beyond his years centrally. 

Even if we make the play-offs now by some miracle, the quality of play just isn't there and we won't last long versus any of the other top six. A real shame we lost momentum, we only have ourselves to blame for not scoring a couple of vitals penalties and for conceding late. That confidence from run of form looks long gone now though.

Club is in limp mode, severe look of discontent from the players, fans and even mowbray looks bored of himself. 
we need something new to get behind , we are severely lacking in quality throughout the club, team needs a drive, for recruitment , passion in how they play, look like they really want to play and suceed at the game, this going through the motions shit is horrible. New man at the wheel please 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But don't forget that Cheston was sent on holiday and played no part., after allegedly agreeing terms with Warnock. (Didn't one fan speak to Warnock on the train). Suhail hired Coyle whilst Cheston was on holiday and then sent the little lamb out to front it up with this obscene remark. A measure of what the actual criteria were for that appointment. Nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He has looked totally lost since coming back from injury. Not dynamic enough to play in the role he's being asked to play. Think Edun is a better option there, but we need both a RWB and LWB for next season if Mowbray stays on and persists with the current system.

The player who has let me down the most recently is Rothwell. Thought it was a bonus for us when he stayed past January, but don't see the big loss right now. Travis has had to cover a lot of ground lately, and while he's good at it, he doesn't have the pace to catch players once they ghost past him. Wharton also has made a lot of mistakes and luckily Kaminski has been great between the sticks and van Hecke plays well beyond his years centrally. 

Even if we make the play-offs now by some miracle, the quality of play just isn't there and we won't last long versus any of the other top six. A real shame we lost momentum, we only have ourselves to blame for not scoring a couple of vitals penalties and for conceding late. That confidence from run of form looks long gone now though.

On the Rothwell point I think what he is producing now is more typical of his time at Rovers than earlier in the season. He as always been very frustrating having a lot of ability but let down by application. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

On the Rothwell point I think what he is producing now is more typical of his time at Rovers than earlier in the season. He as always been very frustrating having a lot of ability but let down by application. 

Doesn’t do enough often enough. A luxury player we can’t afford.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Terrible today, everyone seemed to freeze in the second half. They should have had 2 from terrible mistakes by Wharton and Lenihan. Brereton was miles off it as was Dolan who is overrated IMO. Pickering was crap, Giles was terrible when he came on and Venkys shouldnt have interfered to insist that Rothwell stayed. The bizarre formation we used in the second half made no sense either.

Van heck was a disaster, he gave the ball away and lost it in dangerous positions on 3 or 4 occasions the loanees seemed to have switched off for the season as they will be going back to there own clubs in a few weeks time. I would drop the loanees for the rest of the season and play 100% comitted to Blackburn Rovers players. I wont bore you with the same old story Blackpool should have seen red for some of the digusting tackles they came up with, and a ref that belongs in non league football. A rovers supporter still hoping till the final whistle.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is though, we would have to really rush through the process of appointing a manager and would be potentially eliminating options that are more likely to be available in the summer for the sake of giving him a few games before the summer, with a squad of which many will be off. Even if we could get someone appropriate in and quickly, I dont think much could be learnt in at most 5 games, but most likely less.

The focus should purely be on this season anyway, there is no point focusing on next season when as much as it is an outside chance, we are 7th going into the final 5 games. We shouldnt throw in the towel now as unlikely as it seems. 

I get why a roll of the dice for this season would be wanted but I dont think a new manager could have an impact with less than a month to go. Short term, I doubt it would work and you are going to struggle to get someone in for just 5 games. Longer term, you are rushing through an appointment with a potentially limited shortlist due to managers having contracts/jobs to do elsewhere in the remaining games. I dont get the clamour for Ainsworth but perfect example, hes 7th in League 1, would he want to leave that early, and would it be much costlier even if he is willing to pay compensation?

I take your point about rushing through an appointment, but agree with @DE.that a caretaker would likely get better results than Mowbray on the run in.

I normally wince when ex-players are being touted as managers, but I do think Ainsworth has shown enough to be given an opportunity at a bigger club.

It’s far too simplistic to say he only has a team 7th in League One. If he was at Sunderland or Wigan I would agree.

Ainsworth is at a club with very sparse resources whose natural level is League Two. 
He got them promoted to the Championship when they were favourites for relegation, made a reasonable fist it of it last season and has his team competing for promotion again this season.

I don’t think any manager could be doing better at Wycombe, under the circumstances.

His connection to Rovers would be a bonus, and we know he would be taking the job for the right reasons.

Unfortunately, it’s highly unlikely anyway. It will be back to HSH Jurassic Park for another dinosaur.

• Like 7