BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

It’s rapidly reaching the point where nothing but consecutive victories will suffice if the play-off dream is to sustain…

Blackpool up next in one of those old-fashioned Lancashire derbies the used to feature on Granada…like this one in 1978

https://pyroonthepitch.com/2018/02/28/people-on-the-pitch-5-blackpool-v-blackburn-rovers-football-league-division-two-04-02-1978/

A reversal of that scoreline would do nicely…

Thanks Ian, it is an interesting and nostalgic read, if for perhaps the wrong reasons for Rovers fans, with an ignominious train ride home from South Shore to Cherry Tree.

Blackpool have more than held their own in the division this season, and come up with some surprisingly positive results. I think, head over heart, that the combination of other teams' games in hand and our lack of momentum might mean this is a dead rubber for our players and gurning chump of a manager. Even with my blue and white blinkers on, I can't see us regaining anything near enough consistency and form to do anything other than canter to a disappointing plop at the end of the season.

2-1 Rovers, but too little, too late, too bad...

Move over Mowbray, yer time is nearly up.

First Nobbers v Lashers for about 9 years i think so that'll be fun and hopefully it takes it out of them, fancy a draw for that.  Wonder if Preston have gone cat A or A++ for this or is it only our clueless lot that ruin derbys with that caper.

As for our game against Blackpool i see pretty much the same stuff as recently, one good half and having to come from behind.

Rovers  2   Blackpool   2

Hopefully the Tony Parkes angle proves a nice distraction, forget about play offs forget about Mowbray just win it for the real Mr Blackburn Rovers !

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, only2garners said:

One possible advantage we might have is that Blackpool have their real derby against the nobbers tonight. I was in Preston at 3pm and there were already police all over the place.

I would have liked us to have a midweek game straight after the disappointment at Coventry. A full week on the training ground gives Mowbray too much time to come up with another tactical masterclass where the players are confused because the plan is confusing to all and sundry.

As an aside I see that North End are continuing to put home fans in to the Bill Shankly fans reducing the capacity for away fans. I had assumed that they were just doing it as a tit for tat for the Blackpool game for when they gave them less tickets than us for the reverse fixture. So the allocation for Rovers fans will be much reduced.

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As an aside I see that North End are continuing to put home fans in to the Bill Shankly fans reducing the capacity for away fans. I had assumed that they were just doing it as a tit for tat for the Blackpool game for when they gave them less tickets than us for the reverse fixture. So the allocation for Rovers fans will be much reduced.

We were given an allocation of more than 5k today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That's curious, as I looked on the PNE website just before and could buy seats in 3 blocks of the Bill Shankly stand.

Apologies - I had somehow moved from the Rovers game to the QPR one! We do indeed have all the stand.

Predictions:

First half team

Kaminski

Nyambe     Van Hecke   Wharton

JRC        Travis                 Rothwell  Pickering 

Enormous void

Buckley               Gallagher

Giles      

An unbalanced mess, we will trail at half time.

The cavalry will be called at half time. Again. Hopefully we aren’t so shit it’s beyond salvaging in the second half when Dack, Brereton and 1 other come on for JRC, Giles and Buckley/Gallagher            

• Like 1

A match too far and of course a lot depends on how the lashers perform versus the nobenders midweek. I can only hope that pne and pool kick several lumps out of each other, a couple of derby sendings off will also help us out as well.

Sadly I predict a bore draw 1-1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't see why Brereton won't start with a week in between games.

Rich Sharpe tweeted the other day that Dack said at the weekend that he could only do 45 minutes, so unfortunately I can see him only being a sub,

i would`nt take much notice of sharpe,dack looked well sharp at coventry and was still full of running at full time,he must be up to doing 70 minutes by now,it was diaz who was knackered,understandably

He could certainly start with one of Dack or Brereton even if it's only one half each that was what was badly missing on Saturday.  Would have made a big difference in that first half it's no wonder there is the odd accusation of him faffing about with it on purpose.

To see BB, BD and Dolan all on the bench with Giles in the wrong position again and Gallagher wandering about on the left in that retched first half was enough to make blood boil.

No more of that now thank you.

• Like 2