Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Accepting that Dack doesn’t think he’s got 90 minutes in him yet, I would go:

Kaminski 

Nyambe JVH Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Giles Gallagher Brereton. 

Giles on the right? Don't give Mowbray any encouragement....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Giles on the right wing, even considering how ill suited he is to being on that side?

I’m not sure what other option we’ve got. I definitely don’t want JRC there. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dolan? Hedges? Could have Giles left, Brereton central, Dolan right and drop Gallagher 

Good point. I’ll go: Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton. 

People keep mentioning the possibility or renaming the Riverside as the Tony Parkes Stand. This was raised a long time ago and nothing has happened.

I don't think that is because Waggott doesn't want to. Put simply he will need authority from the owners to do such a thing and he can't get it.

That and it would cost a bit of money to put new signage up so it's a non starter, just like any other infrastructure investment or improvement.

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

People keep mentioning the possibility or renaming the Riverside as the Tony Parkes Stand. This was raised a long time ago and nothing has happened.

I don't think that is because Waggott doesn't want to. Put simply he will need authority from the owners to do such a thing and he can't get it.

That and it would cost a bit of money to put new signage up so it's a non starter, just like any other infrastructure investment or improvement.

They want the Riverside condemned so they can close it. I think even Waggott recognises is might not be a good look to name a stand after Tony and then leave it to rot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The red carpet being laid out for this Renzo seems to be rubbing people up the wrong way. It seems the Chile novelty has worn off. In 6 games time when Brereton goes elsewhere he will be seeking out another team.

Screenshot_20220407-233242_Twitter.jpg

There are far worse things to get upset by down at Ewood than an overly excited Chilean. A few mard-arses on Twitter probably won't spoil the guy's holiday. The fact that his trip was part-funded by Rovers fans implies that a fair number are happy for him. I for one could do with some degree of positivity even if it is him running around London in a Rovers shirt.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The red carpet being laid out for this Renzo seems to be rubbing people up the wrong way. It seems the Chile novelty has worn off. In 6 games time when Brereton goes elsewhere he will be seeking out another team.

Screenshot_20220407-233242_Twitter.jpg

Sounds it’s only your good self being rubbed up😅 I say every credit to him

Will the manager let the team off the leash ?

Or look at Blackpool who've lost the last 2 and spot that their left back or someone occasionally goes forward so shite himself,  set out to stop that and try and draw the first half 0-0 ?

What will the tombola throw up for the front 3 tomorrow i wonder.

52 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It was just rank and defending that lost us the game away

About 70% of it from Magloire, who put in the worst RB performance I've seen in a very, very long time and got butchered with impunity down the flank.

On 07/04/2022 at 17:07, roversfan99 said:

That would be a worrying team, a right back playing his first game of professional football and that clown up front.

I didn't take from Mowbray's press conference that those 3 are likely to be out, especially Lenihan. This would be my team assuming both Lenihan and Nyambe are fit:

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe Travis Rothwell Pickering

Dolan Dack Brereton

If either Nyambe or Lenihan don't make it, go to a back 4 and stick Buckley in a 4-3-3.

I certainly wouldn't start Gallagher no matter what, if Dack doesn't start, have Brereton up top.

Not a worrying team at all but a balance team and players playing in their right positions. 

Its time to drop the back 3 formation cos it hasn't worked for a number of games now and we aren't keeping clean sheets or scoring goals. We have much better with back 4 in recent games like Derby and Coventry games

On 07/04/2022 at 17:18, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brown versus Bowler ? That should be interesting. 

Bowler plays on the right wing so will be up against Pickering not Brown. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not a worrying team at all but a balance team and players playing in their right positions. 

Its time to drop the back 3 formation cos it hasn't worked for a number of games now and we aren't keeping clean sheets or scoring goals. We have much better with back 4 in recent games like Derby and Coventry games

Bowler plays on the right wing so will be up against Pickering not Brown. 

If I were Blackpool’s manager I’d have him up against the weakest link, whoever that is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The last game against Blackpool wa surrendered at right back. If Nyambe doesn't play, I suspect this one will be too.

That’s who I had scoring our only goal 😂

I used to say Nyambe was going to score someday. I’m not so sure now.
Maybe, hopefully, in a Rovers shirt 

Seems like Lenihan and Naymbe will not be fit.  That helps TM as we will surely play with a back 4.  I’d go:

Kamenski

Zeefuik  JVH.  Wharton.   Pickering 

Rothwell.    Travis

Dolan.                   Dack.              Giles

Diaz