BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Where do you get the notion he was signed based on stats?

Somebody mentioned it on here at the time. That the backroom team were impressed with his stats. Said poster went on to say how he had x goal involvements, y number of runs in the attacking third and z number of crosses into the opposition box.

Crap. Just like today's result and performance. Our season is done. Infuriating to see our season just peter out after being in 2nd place. It's quite the achievement from Mowbray.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

That's a poor result.

Certainly not the type of a result a team fighting for anything at all would be pulling out of the bag. 

Just 2 shots on target.

Don’t let it bring you down, finishing 6th only means you’ve got two more games against either 3rd, 4th or 5th. We wouldn’t beat any of them. 

• Like 5

Fans showed up strong- 17,806. The best crowd since Preston game, back during the winning streak. Unfortunately, many of them have probably seen enough, won’t return when we play Stoke, what should be a winnable game. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 3

• Backroom

Tony outdid himself with subs today, takes Nyambe off just because and then in injury time when our game plan is simply hit and hope he brings off our target man just to waste a bit more time 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Hey Buddy if I'm up for sacking him then you know he's hit the bottom.  I've said many times I think he saved this club from extinction but thats then and this is now. On footballing reasons alone he HAS to go. Clueless. No fight, no passion just excuses and yet more excuses. Oh for a Souness!

How did Mowbray save the club from extinction. Hes had us muddling along bottom half mid table for nearly 5 years.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

They’re just not good enough, which is really unfortunate. We can all talk about fuck ups and what went wrong - but for me the biggest one was recruitment. 

Giles - decent player, but didn’t need him. 
Zeefuik - has been injured since we got him. 
Hedges - looks miles off it. 
Markanday - injured in his debut. 

Not one made a difference. When you’re in that position you need signings that either improve the team or are adequate cover and none of them are… bar Giles, who isn’t being played in his correct position. 

If the owners actually care  then this aspect needs going through with a fine tooth comb.

I was told that they'd made a VERY substantial budget available to Mowbray and Waggott in January in addition to the potential bonuses which were publicised.

If this is true, why wasn't it utilised when we'll NEVER get a chance as good again?

Don't understand what's happening with Dack either. What's the point in keeping him off the front line until any chance of going up is mathematically gone?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If the owners actually care  then this aspect needs going through with a fine tooth comb.

I was told that they'd made a VERY substantial budget available to Mowbray and Waggott in January in addition to the potential bonuses which were publicised.

If this is true, why wasn't it utilised when we'll NEVER get a chance as good again?

Don't understand what's happening with Dack either. What's the point in keeping him off the front line until any chance of going up is mathematically gone?

I was the same with Dack until I saw him against Coventry. He played 45 minutes and could hardly move after about 35. By the 80th minute he was moving so, so slowly. 

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Somebody mentioned it on here at the time. That the backroom team were impressed with his stats. Said poster went on to say how he had x goal involvements, y number of runs in the attacking third and z number of crosses into the opposition box.

Crap. Just like today's result and performance. Our season is done. Infuriating to see our season just peter out after being in 2nd place. It's quite the achievement from Mowbray.

Being impressed by his stats, if that claim is even true, doesn't mean he was signed on that basis alone. I'm sure he was watched too.

Regardless, I'd summarise his career with us so far as, started shite, got better, was decent for a spell, thought we actually missed him when he was out, and has been trash again since returning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I was the same with Dack until I saw him against Coventry. He played 45 minutes and could hardly move after about 35. By the 80th minute he was moving so, so slowly. 

I’d rather him play the first 45 and make an impact than the last 30, when we’re chasing the game against sides with 11 behind the ball 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

2 wins in 13, if we had started the season with that stat we'd have been fighting relegation for

the rest of the season, probably.

Awesome, back to back seasons of beating records beckons. Only 4 to go TM 👍

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tony outdid himself with subs today, takes Nyambe off just because and then in injury time when our game plan is simply hit and hope he brings off our target man just to waste a bit more time 

Couldn't believe my eyes! We are in allotted 5 minutes added on in need of a winner so our manager wastes time and brings on a sub.

Second half we lost our formation. Van Hecke continued to slip and apart from Dack's disallowed goal we made zero attempts on goal. 

Can only think Tony was happy with the point. I'm not. Get rid of Mowbray I've lost all respect I had for him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

How did Mowbray save the club from extinction. Hes had us muddling along bottom half mid table for nearly 5 years.  

Ah you must be a newbie. OK back in the day there was internecine fighting on the terraces and messageboards (post a guy called Kean and some others). Corruption abounded, dodgy agents and all that. Then TM arrives and gets the poison chalice . Huddersfield cheat and give Rednap a win. We go down.  Things looking really really grim. Supporters say that's it, its over, we've lost the club. Ewood is going to become a housing estate, Brockhole becomes one. Then things got back on track, we got promoted and ... well that's probably enough and you're mostly caught up now.

If you're not new then where the f*ck have you been?

Now for the football bit ... TM has run his course. It's over. He HAS to go.

Hail fellow, well met, now FO Tony.

Awful performance across the park. Whatever was said at half time is down to Mowbray. The first half was a shocking defensive display we were all over the pitch and led with a one off piece of skill 🤬 second half was as abysmal as we have seen. My observations Nyambe was shocking PVH off his game Pickering woeful Rothwell non existent too many balls went astray too big a gap across the midfield no support no supply line in fact it was ducking atrocious 

• Like 1

Out Mowbray’d himself today. I watched 30 mins of a Dack/Buckley front two with two strikers on the wing. 5 more games of Mowbray is 5 too many. Change manager, now. 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

There are two available licences to print money today, Rovers and Minella Times in the Grand National.

Bookies fancy Rovers strongly and I've a gut feeling we'll win.  This Mowbray 'death spiral' has to come to an end sometime and I'm not sure just how much Blackpool will have left in the tank after their midweek 'Burnley' derby.  3-1 to Rovers with 2 to Brereton and 1 to Dack.

As for the Grand National, Rachael Blackmoor is just superb and shows the men just how it should be done (have we no strikers in the Ladies' team Mowbray?) and made me a fair bob or two with her stunning Cheltenham Gold Cup win - today, I expect much the same and at 9/1 I'd go big each way.  

Printers bust

• Like 4