BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

Is anyone really surprised? I’m not going into the Mowbray death spiral crap as it’s boring, but we all knew this would happen, Mowbray isn’t good enough, the ownership isn’t good enough, the players are weak as piss. Boring.

• Like 8

With a solid starting 11, I was really hopeful about regaining a playoff spot today, but not now. This manager looks lifeless and his players appear to be emulating him at this point. 

There’s so much to play for, yet the team doesn’t appear to be on fire about the opportunity. I cannot understand it. 

• Like 2

They’re just not good enough, which is really unfortunate. We can all talk about fuck ups and what went wrong - but for me the biggest one was recruitment. 

Giles - decent player, but didn’t need him. 
Zeefuik - has been injured since we got him. 
Hedges - looks miles off it. 
Markanday - injured in his debut. 

Not one made a difference. When you’re in that position you need signings that either improve the team or are adequate cover and none of them are… bar Giles, who isn’t being played in his correct position. 

• Like 7

Have we had a worse transfer window than this past January?  Zeefuik injured since, Markanday injured since, Hedges out of his level, Giles played as a right winger.  Passed on a center forward even though we knew BBD will be sold and miss games on international duty. Rothwell kept when he clearly had checked out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Only on board now? Holy crap.

His time was up more than three years ago.

At least he is. We need the remaining holdouts to get on board, only way this manager gets pressured into fucking off.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Blackpool deserved a win.

That's the truth of it.

We are still in with a chance of the playoffs only due to this league being full of very average teams.

So, I can do polite even in the face of adversity. Quite chuffed with that.

Unfortunately, we aren't. The league might be full of very average teams, but we have become a below average team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Only on board now? Holy crap.

His time was up more than three years ago.

Hey Buddy if I'm up for sacking him then you know he's hit the bottom.  I've said many times I think he saved this club from extinction but thats then and this is now. On footballing reasons alone he HAS to go. Clueless. No fight, no passion just excuses and yet more excuses. Oh for a Souness!

• Like 2