BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Haven't we been told today that Waggott has no say in what goes on and just carries out his pay masters orders. So I'm starting to be a tad confused, he has no say on anything but decides who will be manager? It's going to be a long summer!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Sounds dangerous for Waggott to be pushing a cocoa over Farke. Need to get Health & Safety on the case.

I always choose cocoa over a Farke 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Heard today through a source close to the club Mike Tyson is taking over with Phil Bardsley as assistant.  I must stress these are rumours at this point.

Jerome Anderson makes Don King look honest.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Is there anything they could say that would change your mind?

I can never say never but I feel very strong in my mind that it's not a conversation where they say 'Tony will you stay?' and I say 'yes because you're asking'. There are lots of things that need to change. I want to give myself a chance to compete in the Premier League with a club that has the finances, the backing, the support and everything around it to compete in this league at the top and be disappointed if you don't get out of the division.

A dig at the owners there from Mowbray, even if he may be covering himself at the same time too. That's everything that he feels the owners haven't given to him.

How can I be disappointed not to get out of the division when I wasn't given the backing, finances and support to compete and do so? I think that's the gist of it.

I don't agree with that sentiment, but he's always suggested he needs a big budget to go up. Now it's almost farewell time, he's letting it all out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A dig at the owners there from Mowbray, even if he may be covering himself at the same time too. That's everything that he feels the owners haven't given to him.

How can I be disappointed not to get out of the division when I wasn't given the backing, finances and support to compete and do so? I think that's the gist of it.

I don't agree with that sentiment, but he's always suggested he needs a big budget to go up. Now it's almost farewell time, he's letting it all out.

What a load of bollocks from that man's mouth again.

Granted he should have been backed in January even if it was only a couple million but that does not in any way excuse the diabolical run of form he's presided over in the second half of the season.

What a complete dick head. Good riddance.

• Like 4

According to my source suhail is the man…whatever he says goes…venkys will only listen to him…apparently very down to earth and has the best interests at heart but not very football minded as still learning…avoids the limelight due to the apparent abuse venkys suffered previously…anybody else have direct contact with him? Has played a big part in the community initiatives this year…advised my source to tell him directly that fans want Farke…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, den said:

Mowbray comments today should prick a few ears.

When he’s openly saying he doesn’t know how the owners work, and when he’s saying Waggott doesnt make the decisions it really is damning on the owners and on Waggott. For starters, it’s no good to anybody when the main man at Blackburn doesn’t have any power, can’t make decisions and presumably - like Mowbray - doesn’t  understand how the owners work, how they think or what they want. If he had any credibility he should tonight be considering his position.

Then again we’re looking for a new manager. If they read Mowbrays comments would they fancy risking their reputation, or building their reputation after seeing what a mess this club is? Someone will of course, but how can they succeed under these conditions?

As for the owners, Mowbrays comments are just adding to the already low esteem that they are held  in by most fans. 12 years. It really is time for them to sell up and move on. They can’t bring anything to this club apart from derision, confusion and exasperation. Put the club up for sale. Your times up in my opinion.

This is a total shambles of a club.

Basically Mowbray is trying to fuck the club and therefore the fans as his parting gift.

The fact that he is essentially correct is no defence for his behaviour.

I have had him down as a self serving Cxxx from day 1, nothing has changed my mind.

Why Waggott is allowing this to go on is known only to him but it would be sackable in the real world.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Basically Mowbray is trying to fuck the club and therefore the fans as his parting gift.

The fact that he is essentially correct is no defence for his behaviour.

Venkys have already fucked the club Asia and they’ll continue to do so whilst the name Venky remains above the door.

Mowbray is answering questions put to him, confirming what many supporters already know….The clubs a dysfunctional mess, rudderless, floating towards the next iceberg.

Next manger = cheap = no budget = Shite.

You heard it here first.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

I imagine we'll get about 4/5 weeks of absolute silence now save for the odd tidbit from Mowbray through the LET.

There will be nothing from the official site for weeks, until middle of June when some desperado that we didn't think of takes charge.

Farke is a pipe dream I'm afraid, even if he has some interest I have no faith in them getting the deal done.

• Like 5

The correspondence that has arrived at the club addressed to the manager, showing their support for him as he prepares to walk away, has made clear there is widespread support for him, and condemnation of how this has played out and the focus turning to the owners.’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20122682.verdict-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-really-ready-say-goodbye/

500 letters a day he’s had!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I imagine we'll get about 4/5 weeks of absolute silence now save for the odd tidbit from Mowbray through the LET.

There will be nothing from the official site for weeks, until middle of June when some desperado that we didn't think of takes charge.

Farke is a pipe dream I'm afraid, even if he has some interest I have no faith in them getting the deal done.

Yeap…Farke isn’t going to happen…if Cocu is in the frame I’d put very good money on his getting the job. 

My opinion on that isn’t great but honestly anything other than Mowbray for me is a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The correspondence that has arrived at the club addressed to the manager, showing their support for him as he prepares to walk away, has made clear there is widespread support for him, and condemnation of how this has played out and the focus turning to the owners.’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20122682.verdict-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-really-ready-say-goodbye/

I quite like that piece as at least Sharpe mentions the inability to win under pressure and that Mowbray would've been sacked at most other clubs for repeated death spirals.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Quite. I guess what I meant is a lot of our players aren’t suited. Pickering, Buckley, Dolan, BBD, Hedges all wouldn’t fit. 

He’s been working for years with one of the smallest budgets in the football league, they don’t even have a reserve team. Who knows what his style would be if he had a few quid more to spend. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Whilst I’d like Ainsworth the team isn’t set up for his style of play. 

Maybe he would adapt his style of play now he has better quality players if he took the job. 

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What style of play are we set up for ? Mowbray’s had 5 years and he still hasn’t decided on one

We are set up for pressing high time and win the ball back high. Very similar to how we played against Swansea or Cardiff or Preston away. 

8 hours ago, DingleDestroyer said:

I just don't think Cocu's management and style of play is suited to our players and would take months to make his style work here. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Venkys have already fucked the club Asia and they’ll continue to do so whilst the name Venky remains above the door.

Mowbray is answering questions put to him, confirming what many supporters already know….The clubs a dysfunctional mess, rudderless, floating towards the next iceberg.

Next manger = cheap = no budget = Shite.

You heard it here first.

I consider all his recent pressers pre-arranged with an accommodating media and with Waggotts nod of agreement.

I agree with all the rest of your post.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

This gives me a serious bout of anxiety;

”The speed of decision-making remains a concern, and with the new season getting under way on July 30, Rovers have to find a new manager, head of recruitment, head of fitness, front of shirt sponsor, and that’s before we get onto speaking about the playing staff.

The team named by Mowbray in his final team selection included no loan players, a starting XI of players under contract for at least next season, and only captain Darragh Lenihan on the bench whose future is uncertain.

Every player in the Rovers squad, bar Ryan Nyambe and Lenihan, have either been handed their debuts, or been signed by, Mowbray.”

Edited by JBiz