BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not sure how Carvalhal can be blamed or measured on what the Sheffield Wednesday owner has done or spent.

I'm not sure how Carvalhal would be exempt from the budget he has had being considered.

46 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The sporting director model points more and more to Farke... @glen9mullanhave you heard any or other whispers around the appointment?

Not had any update Re Farke, although director of football certainly ticks the box in terms of model

Had heard from another source (uk based) Stuart Pearce's name was be banded about a bit.

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Not had any update Re Farke, although director of football certainly ticks the box in terms of model

Had heard from another source (uk based) Stuart Pearce's name was be banded about a bit.

Stuart Pearce? Lord help us. That would be a new low from the Venky's....

• Like 4

On 10/05/2022 at 21:28, Mercer said:

Would be no surprise to see both Webber and Farke rock up at Ewood!

Sharpe now catching up.

Told Webber / Farke combo on agenda.

• Like 2

With their terrible track record and complete inability to do anything in a remotely timely manner, the prospect of filling two key positions rather than just the one doesn’t fill me with much hope.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

My renewal remains unrenewed, im seriously considering not renewing this time

Mine too Glen BUT a new DOF/Head coach come on we rovers fans always give the new guys a chance. Never give up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Mine too Glen BUT a new DOF/Head coach come on we rovers fans always give the new guys a chance. Never give up.

I saw this reconnected the club with the fans comment this week, and then thought of the 10-15 fans who i was watching rovers with over 15 years ago, who dont come anymore and highly unlikely will come again.

Absent owners, poor administration yet claiming to have brought the club back to the supporters. Anyway going off subject, apologies 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Pearce's managerial record leaves a hell of a lot to be desired BUT, he is a huge advocate for developing the younger generation - he peddled the importance of the younger England teams for many years.... failing miserably with them at many a major tournament I may add.  If the V's are looking at this idea of utilising and developing the academy, Pearce may be someone you would look at for a role upstairs.  I always think he speaks well when I hear or see him on the media, seems to be an intelligent guy.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Pearce's managerial record leaves a hell of a lot to be desired BUT, he is a huge advocate for developing the younger generation - he peddled the importance of the younger England teams for many years.... failing miserably with them at many a major tournament I may add.   But, if the V's are looking at this idea of utilising the academy, Pearce may be someone you would look at for a role upstairs.  I always think he speaks well when I hear or see him on the media, seems to be an intelligent guy.

True, although not sure why he'd leave west ham? 

I guess we will see if that develops or its one of Waggotts so called 60 😉 

Rich Sharpe's article has all the usual hallmarks of a club that hasn't got a clue what it is doing.

I look forward to being proven wrong but where do you start with things.

They've known for months that there was a strong chance, or even guaranteed chance, that Mowbray was off and that they would have to find someone else. So I'm sorry, this tale about Waggott sitting at his desk sifting through CVs from all over the world and then sending a few to India for them to mull over is just ludicrous.

Then the 'Sporting Director' thing. If they want to go down that road, and I think they should because I've long believed this is the only  way we can operate with these owners, then that person needs to come in first and then lend his expertise to appointing a manager. On what planet do you appoint a head coach to work under an as yet to be identified Sporting Director and then bring one in who might not like or be compatible with the head coach?

It sounds to me like Pasha quite likes the Sporting Director idea having tried it before with Paul Senior, but hasn't got a clue what he is looking for or what it needs. We don't need or want an agent, part time assistant manager or over promoted coach doing this, we want a proven experienced operator who knows the job and can recommend a manager.

No rush.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, den said:

That article fills me with despair. More “long term”, more “player development “, more “stability”. More places for everyone at the club to hide. We’ve had that for 5 years and it’s got us where exactly?

Here’s a novel thought for them, look for a “Winner”.  It’s all they need to look for.  Winning games as soon as possible Everything else will follow from winning games. 

Agreed. Fills me with little hope of a decent appointment. Results are of secondary importance. That can’t be right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Step forward Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke.

Lets hope so this is great appointment team

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Having a Sporting Director or similar may be more likely to attract a total novice like Carrick or Ferguson in that their role will have less responsibilities, although we all hope for a Farke or a Carvalhal.

I do fear that not only will this lengthen the gap before any appointment but it also creates a second key position which with Venkys track record may well lead to a poor appointment.

You look at previous appointments under Venkys in a similar position, the last one was Senior who was here for a very short period, we signed a player from his agency and he slid off without trace as soon as we went down. It may increase the influence of agents etc.

Why does it attractive Carrick or Ferguson? 

Surely it depends who the new Sporting Director and New Head Coach is and why would it led to increase of agents here? 

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

That could rule out Carvalhal if what Sharpe suggests is anything to go by.

The last time we had a Sporting Director model, it was Paul Senior with Owen Coyle (then Mowbray). Relegation followed.

I'm not bothered about what model they go for. It's about who they appoint.

Carvalhal has used and develop youth at Braga I am led to believe.  

Paul Senior wasn't appointed until January and lasted 5 months. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Nixon is seemingly absolutely thriving in the pack of gossip hungry Rovers fans asking him every hour for another cryptic update.

If you have a problem with it then maybe either ignore it or unfollow him. 

42 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sharpe now catching up.

Well Mercer I seriously hope you are correct with this post of Webber and Farke coming here. It would be 2 great appointments by us. 

3 hours ago, rigger said:

So Leeds need one more point than Burnley get, not impossible. Spurs have a lot to play for, Villa will want to win their last home game. The only game I see Burnley getting point/ points,. is Newcastle. I can see Leeds picking up point/points in both their games.

Anything is possible. My main point, Leeds is so bad this season. Bamford, Dallas, Harrison, et. al., were doing so well last season. Marsch will probably be back on my side of the Atlantic soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Sharpe now catching up.

This will be the one they had in the building but didn't get over the line, got some nice publicity though.

Then in comes a Senior style consultant and Neil Lennon.

• Like 1