BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

10 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

If Ferguson is appointed it will be a case of throw enough shit, some sticks - you know better than to try to shoehorn a narrative using his ramblings.  Using Nixon as a source is very borderline, using Mercer is just absurd. 

Just for the record, it was Bbrover2288 that broke the Ferguson story, just sayin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have they not seen our Barry Venky's tit!? 

I read that and at first glance thought Barry Venison was now in the running.

• Like 3

Just having a quick read up on Beale (who id never heard of before) sounds like a brilliant coach, assistant manager , but so where Brian Kidd, Ray Harford, Steve Kean(😘) so it would be a very big gamle and I'm guessing a very expensive one as we'd likely have to pay avery high salary plus compensation to villa and he's on a high salary there so that wouldn't be cheap! 

P. S. Bloody hell theres a lot of sad he said/she said bickering on her for a sunday morning. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? I just stopped going. I didn’t go back and forth like a petulant child threatening not to go. None of you even knew until I told you years later. It’s really embarrassing. You probably don’t go to the match either…seem the sort 👍🏼

Bit embarrassing that you stopped going because of the manager.

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Strange that. Made pretty clear at meetings I've had that Pasha is the conduit through which Venkys' approval is granted. If Pasha doesn't like an idea, it doesn't happen.

If Pasha has capacity to overrule the CEO, I'd suggest very much DOES make the big decisions.

Yep if he decides to not take something to his boss because he presumes he won't like it, or has been told not to bother him over certain matters.  Then that very much means he's making big decisions.

Besides Mowbray himself went on record as saying even he after 5 years wasn't sure who actually called the shots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep if he decides to not take something to his boss because he presumes he won't like it, or has been told not to bother him over certain matters.  Then that very much means he's making big decisions.

Besides Mowbray himself went on record as saying even he after 5 years wasn't sure who actually called the shots.

Waggott is here because he was a cheap option. The FA and EFL have to give approval on each clubs CEO. Pasha will not get approved as CEO, he isn’t qualified, so Waggott is in place to tick the box. He has some power and of course makes some decisions but the big ones are Pasha’s. Of course Waggott puts his opinion in but it’s Suhail’s law. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Five has become eight in Rovers’ search for a new manager.

An extended interview process has been held, with Rovers’ initial shortlist having expanded following late expressions of interest in the role.

There could yet be further interviews, should Rovers look to speak with in-work managers, given that approaches would need to be made to their respective clubs, while follow-ups with those already spoken to isn't to be ruled out.

So this means they are all out of work (no compo to pay) and rules Ainsworth out.

It means they haven't got a f*****g clue about who or what they are looking for. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Bit embarrassing that you stopped going because of the manager.

I'm not sure about that Mark, if they appoint another dud this time around I'll be considering not going, because in my opinion its orchestrated decline if they do. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Post of the year bar NONE 😂😂😂

You’re a super contributor on here, Chaddy and your insatiable social media quest for the merest hint at who our next manager might be is commendable, but you can’t be serious with that comment.  You’ve been justifiably slaughtering Mercer on here, mocking his outlandish predictions for months ….  But now that his latest stab in the dark suits your own narrative you portray him as a genuine source. 

If Ferguson is appointed it will be a case of throw enough shit, some sticks - you know better than to try to shoehorn a narrative using his ramblings.  Using Nixon as a source is very borderline, using Mercer is just absurd. 

Firstly, take a step here, Its Mercer's comments about Duncan Ferguson plus the comments from @Bbrovers2288in several posts about Duncan Ferguson here ❚❚ Searched for 'Ferguson ' in All Content (brfcs.com) plus also when I was talking to Alan Myers a couple of weeks he answered any questions but the Duncan Ferguson. Also add to that other people posted on other media sites and platforms. Its clear he has been interviewed at very least. @Buttytake a close look at why I think Mercer might be correct

On Duncan Ferguson and Michael Beale, Yes they are novice in terms of being head coaches/managers but they have been coaches for a number of years. Duncan Ferguson has worked under David Moyes, Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez so will have gain alot of information and knowledge from them. Michael Beale has worked at Liverpool and Chelsea under Jurgen Klopp and Carlo Ancelotti while he was academy coach at either club plus he has been Steven Gerrard's assistant at 2 football clubs. Steven Gerrard's comments are endorsing of his ability as a coach in the Lancs Live article

I think it's a huge risk to appoint a first time head coach like Michael Beale or Duncan Ferguson personally. I'm not against it totally given their coaching background but I would still have concerns over it. I still think Carlo Carvalhal would be the right appointment given his background and experience. 

@Paul ManiI agree that Rovers are conducting proper interview process and speaking to potential candidates making sure we get the right appointment that fits the club footballing strategy going forward. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carlos Carvalhal has brough through 17 young players into his Braga during his 2 seasons that. @unleaded posted on this with more info.

Phillip Cocu at Derby brought through Max Bird, Jason Knight, Lee Buchanan and Louis Sibley into the first team and now most of key players at Derby under Wayne Rooney there

Duncan Ferguson worked at Everton Academy before bring appointing on to the first team staff there

Michael Beale has years at Liverpool academy and has been Steven Gerrard's coaching staff at Liverpool under 18's, Rangers and now Aston Villa. 

Liam Manning has experience of working at Ipswich, West Ham and New York City youth teams before he got a job at Lommel in the second division in Belgium then he was appointment MK Dons head coach after Russell Martin left there

And Sam Allardyce brought through Phil Jones and Grant Hanley, is he one of these managers that 'promotes youth' that seems to be the obsession around here?

Anyone who has managed before will be able to point to some young players who have developed or progressed in their time in charge.

As far as I am concerned working in an academy is irrelevant to the job of managing Rovers.

Ferguson is 50 and has never managed before, save for two short caretaker stints at Everton. I would also be worried one of the reasons he's been behind the scenes there for so long and worked under good managers is more to do with his experience of the club and popularity with fans than it is him being an excellent coach.

Disaster waiting to happen IMO but one I can see the idiots at Rovers rolling with.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Is this how Jack went about appointing Dalglish ?

Doesn’t exactly help dispel the “they still think it’s 95” nonsense when you’re asking questions like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And Sam Allardyce brought through Phil Jones and Grant Hanley, is he one of these managers that 'promotes youth' that seems to be the obsession around here?

Anyone who has managed before will be able to point to some young players who have developed or progressed in their time in charge.

As far as I am concerned working in an academy is irrelevant to the job of managing Rovers.

Ferguson is 50 and has never managed before, save for two short caretaker stints at Everton. I would also be worried one of the reasons he's been behind the scenes there for so long and worked under good managers is more to do with his experience of the club and popularity with fans than it is him being an excellent coach.

Disaster waiting to happen IMO but one I can see the idiots at Rovers rolling with.

Bringing through our youth is one of the club key points. You can keep choosing to ignore it but it is what our club does. 

I don't know how you can comment whether Ferguson is an excellent coach or not. I don't know myself. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bringing through our youth is one of the club key points. You can keep choosing to ignore it but it is what our club does. 

I don't know how you can comment whether Ferguson is an excellent coach or not. I don't know myself. 

The key point is getting the club promoted. Anything else is a sideline.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The key point is getting the club promoted. Anything else is a sideline.

Well I agree with you that we want promotion also but keep bringing through more and more academy players each season is also what Rovers will continue to do

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think young players promote themselves if they really are good enough

When you get managers/coaches forcing young players into the first team just for the sake of it you end up with squads full of shite like jason lowe

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I agree with you that we want promotion also but keep bringing through more and more academy players each season is also what Rovers will continue to do

5 of the starting XI were Academy players last year.

How many more do you want?! At some stage you have to make good signings to bolster the squad - I'm as big of an advocate as any of the Academy and promoting youth, but you can never have a full XI of them, it's just not feasible. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is this how John Williams went about appointing Mark Hughes?

Quite sure there was an application process for that one, Hughes hadn’t even managed in club football at that point, and he’d played for us 12 months before.

A muddled process, where the main criteria of the job spec  so far has been to not currently be employed as a manager.

That in itself is all wrong . We’re not fishing in the Premier League, but if there’s a manager in the Championship or League One who we fancy, we should already have been after that person.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, take a step here, Its Mercer's comments about Duncan Ferguson plus the comments from @Bbrovers2288in several posts about Duncan Ferguson here ❚❚ Searched for 'Ferguson ' in All Content (brfcs.com) plus also when I was talking to Alan Myers a couple of weeks he answered any questions but the Duncan Ferguson. Also add to that other people posted on other media sites and platforms. Its clear he has been interviewed at very least. @Buttytake a close look at why I think Mercer might be correct

And that’s fine, but don’t use Mercer as a credible source when you’ve been rightly calling out his nonsense predictions for months.  For the record, being “correct” in my opinion isn’t as simple as making scattergun prophecies with an accuracy rate of 1 in 1000.  

On the Ferguson link, I don’t know what he’s done to deserve the job.  Apart from that short stint at Everton he has no experience in a managerial capacity.  All that running around dancing with ball boys doesn’t impress me either.  Who knows, it might be an inspired appointment, but initially I can’t say I’d be very impressed with it. 

• Like 3