BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20220530-175113_Twitter.jpg

So, two teams that have an average attendance of around 2,800, and the rumour is they're offering about triple in pay what we do.

Absolute joke. Forget everyone being mad about Newcastle and their dirty oil money, this is surely a real issue too. Particularly for clubs at Champ level. 

Ridiculous that we can't compete financially with the miniscule UAE league. 

1 minute ago, Rovers150 said:

Duncan Ferguson in advanced talks to become the next rovers manager. Will definitely take that. Will be a risk but a worthwhile one

Massive risk. 

I suspect it would go well for a few months then crash and burn pretty rapidly.

With an appointment like that relegation  is a real possibility. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Completely off topic but is anyone else getting really pissed at these aggressive pop ups on this forum, there is one for Ariel gave you literally can’t close , when you try and hit the x button it takes you to the site, really annoying 

My algorithm has a sense of humour..

10F91027-2795-436B-ACC4-CB99C0D64E8B.jpeg

• Like 5

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Completely off topic but is anyone else getting really pissed at these aggressive pop ups on this forum, there is one for Ariel gave you literally can’t close , when you try and hit the x button it takes you to the site, really annoying 

2 hours ago, toogs said:

C82D153B-0681-4F75-A257-1BE09CD2F465.thumb.png.b918922ee5509208bf39c8e38dbd35b2.png
1/4 of a phone screen and you can’t close the fecker. 

It disappears for me on mobile if I just refresh the page.

I don't even bother playing the 'hit the x' game anymore. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

Duncan Ferguson in advanced talks to become the next rovers manager. Will definitely take that. Will be a risk but a worthwhile one

Why would you take that?He has done nothing to warrant being made manager of this club?

Also were are you getting that he is in advanced talks?It's been rubbished by Ferguson

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Then we can stop all the chat around all the shit managers we're being linked with its getting boring now.

I’ll chat about what I want as long as it’s within the board rules. 

• Like 2

Blimey, what a busy afternoon and evening of different rumours and speculation around 4 different candidates on here. So who knows what is actually going on. Plenty of talking seem to be happening but no final decision who is 1st choice.. Its time we appoint the best candidate whoever that is. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

But you said "Carlos Carvalhal's blue and white army?"

what are you going on about now? 

Carlos Carvalhal would be very good appointment and fits our squad, tactical aware, develop young players and knows this league. Would you be unhappy if we was appoint then?

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why would you take that?He has done nothing to warrant being made manager of this club?

Also were are you getting that he is in advanced talks?It's been rubbished by Ferguson

the guy who rubbished from Everton TV has deleted that tweet now btw. Wonder why? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, what a busy afternoon and evening of different rumours and speculation around 4 different candidates on here. So who knows what is actually going on. Plenty of talking seem to be happening but no final decision who is 1st choice.. Its time we appoint the best candidate whoever that is. 

Carlos Carvalhal would be very good appointment and fits our squad, tactical aware, develop young players and knows this league. Would you be unhappy if we was appoint then?

the guy who rubbished from Everton TV has deleted that tweet now btw. Wonder why? 

He has added under his other, more high profile pseudonym.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Let's get Farke in.

Then we can stop all the chat around all the shit managers we're being linked with its getting boring now.

If only we had a good CEO

You mean if only we had caring, competent owners you mean.

Waggott has only been here for a small fraction of the last 12 years in which I dont think he has ever been involved in a managerial appointment. There is one common denominator. Waggott by all means should be replaced and indeed probably hasnt got the autonomy to make a decision anyway, until they sell up we will continue to have problems.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was that in your desperation to believe every rumour you read, you had already "welcomed" Carvalhal as Rovers manager the other day! Presumably you believe today that Unsworth, Ferguson, Carvalhal and Farke will all be appointed together. The lesson here is not to believe everything you read and that no one truly knows.

It has absolutely no relevance to my point but I want Farke. Carvalhal would be second choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

So at last Farke meets with Swaggott,

Its my understanding that this will not need a further chat with V's as their chat occurred prior, there must have been some guarantees put on the table for him to agree the second chat.

So if this goes Pete Tong now, the blame firmly lies at Swaggott and Suhails door.

I know all these names coming out and alledged interviews, job offers, new favourite, extended shortlist has been exhausting to read.

However this is playing out exactiy as I was told, i've had to put up with the 2 or 3 posters constantly giving me grief for sticking with the same line, but i seriously heard nothing to the contrary to sway me from changing my stance.

If this does indeed get over the line, i sincerely hope it puts to bed the tripe we read which is is put out from Ewood.

They dont make the decisions, can sign off literally nothing, and there is another tier of advisors beyond Ewood who act as the further buffer to the Raos.

All this "a new dawn is coming, we know something you dont know, which has littered these boards since before last season", none has come to fruition.

The manager walked, the players were not signed, the ground is still a shit tip, the season ticket prices lack imagination, and the puppets at Ewood are on borrowed time.

Our appointment process reminds me of the old saying - “ a camel is a horse designed by a committee “.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that in your desperation to believe every rumour you read, you had already "welcomed" Carvalhal as Rovers manager the other day! Presumably you believe today that Unsworth, Ferguson, Carvalhal and Farke will all be appointed together. The lesson here is not to believe everything you read and that no one truly knows.

That is where your assumption that I believe every rumour is wrong as I have told plenty of times before. 

I have just read(last 20 mins) the rumours now on about them on here. I have been out this afternoon at the cinema and for tea at the pub. It was very enjoyable time. 

Like I said in my previous post who knows what is going on with our search currently and who our first choice target is. The next few days will be interesting and excitable if we can make an appointment and announcement this week 

52 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

If you'd definitely take that, then you deserve it. Most of the rest of us deserve better, like a manager who has managed.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Me neither, when you can end up with a dolloper like Howard Kendall going that route…

Very good. Was waiting for someone to come up with that.

If we're being technical, HK was a olayer manager, these two aren't and I'll send you a bottle of champagne if either end up being as successful as Kendall.

On a serious note if we were going down the cheap untested coach route I'd rather give Damien Johnson the chance to show what he can do. To coin a cliche at least " he's one of our own" and the others probably wouldn't even be that cheap.

(Not that I'm advocating giving it to DJ for the avoidance of doubt)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Silas said:

It disappears for me on mobile if I just refresh the page.

I don't even bother playing the 'hit the x' game anymore. 

If I refresh the page, it just pops back up immediately on the new page. It also slows down the scrolling considerably for me. Very irritating and I've just closed the site for a few hours a few times due to it.