BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

The "plan" (copywight Chaddy) looks like it's not going to plan as, one by one, the better candidates rule themselves out of the running by taking jobs elsewhere. 

By the time they have to make a decision (in August), it'll be between Grayson and AN Other Deadbeat

• Like 4

Venkys never had a Farke type appointment in them, doesn't fit the mold. He's not desperate for one; anyone willing to work with the club set up the way it is would have to be a little desperate.

We will end up with some absolute dolloper no doubt, but perhaps we'll get lucky and they'll get the team playing like they did at times this year and we will get into the play offs - really not that hard in this league, see Luton. 

However, with Venkys at the helm only luck will ever get us back to where we deserve to be, it won't be through strong decision making and proper planning.

What did we do to deserve these wretched clowns?

• Like 5

Pretty much getting to the stage I expected. 😂

The managers worth getting slowly dwindle and we end up going with someone cheap and cheerful. The owners have a great opportunity to send a message to the fans by installing a decent manager…..this would in turn increase ST sales and optimism for the upcoming season.

We shall wait and see.

• Like 3

As with the last few appointments it will be someone no one has talked about that is with a certain agency and well and truly on the scrapheap.

There was a real chance to make a statement with these appointments, and really push season tickets with a new dawn of kicking on from a reasonable (albeit frustrating) season. Instead, they'll likely fumble it, appoint someone who inspires literally no one and will continue to complain that they can't attract the fan base they lost.

I'd honestly love to know what Venky's end goal is if this is the case, because aside from when we first came down they've shown literally no ambition to improve.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

As with the last few appointments it will be someone no one has talked about that is with a certain agency and well and truly on the scrapheap.

There was a real chance to make a statement with these appointments, and really push season tickets with a new dawn of kicking on from a reasonable (albeit frustrating) season. Instead, they'll likely fumble it, appoint someone who inspires literally no one and will continue to complain that they can't attract the fan base they lost.

I'd honestly love to know what Venky's end goal is if this is the case, because aside from when we first came down they've shown literally no ambition to improve.

I genuinely believe there is no end goal.

We were probably bought as some kind of marketing exercise off the back of a recommendation from some nefarious types (who are no doubt still involved at some level) and there was no long term plan. The only plan will have been from the nefarious types to install that bald Scottish c7nt so they could maximise player turnover and increase their fees - no doubt Venkys were unaware of this part of the plan given the fact that they didn't even know you could get relegated from the Premier League and were happy to take advice from wherever it came. 

They're now prepared to lose money on it each year as it's a distant backwater operation in a global empire that makes profit overall and will turn the taps on or off based on whether one of the serfs from said backwater comes to see them in India. 

I’m not sure I agree with the thinking that we need a manager proven at getting promotion, and from the championship. Even the ones proven at more than one club, such as Warnock, are a long way from being a sure bet. As well as holding the record for most promotions - 8 - he must surely also hold the record for most non-promotion seasons - 33.

King Kenny said you need two things: luck and money. I’m not sure we have either.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A quick glance at what Preston have done to hit 10,000 season tickets by the end of May.

Get rid of a crap manager (McAvoy) and his coaching staff. Appoint a highly rated ambitious manager (Lowe) and his coaching staff.

Cut season ticket prices to a reasonable price. Push them.

What have Rovers done? Let Mowbray linger until the bitter end, retained his coaching staff, likely botched his replacement, put prices up to some of the highest in the country, and done nothing to promote other than some tacky videos with 'committed' fans

This just about sums it up.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20178333.blackburn-rovers-managerial-search-latest-ahead-interviews/

So to conclude, none of the 4 names mentioned in the last 24 hours are going to get the job and we are no closer to knowing. Farke and Carvalhal have gone elsewhere. Shambles of a club.

We’re going to end up with Alexi Lalas then?  I hear he once managed a hung over beer league squad to victory in 1998 when only 10 lads showed up for the 8 am kick off. 

Edited by yankfan

All of the names linked so far the only two Managers I would of considered would have been Farke or Carvalhal. 

The LT says we might consider approaching a manager already in work. That's hilarious, we know Venkys won't pay decent money for a manager plus the compensation for the other club. 

• Like 3

Well Sharpe's pretty adamant on a few things in that report, which is quite unlike him.......

Has Mark Fotheringham been mentioned at all in relation to our job?  Said he wants to manage an English club in recent reports.....cheap, contract at Hertha expired - some boxes being ticked and I bet he's applied.

Xabi Alonso?  Recently left Real Sociedad B and has a promotion on his CV.

• Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Well Sharpe's pretty adamant on a few things in that report, which is quite unlike him.......

Has Mark Fotheringham been mentioned at all in relation to our job?  Said he wants to manage an English club in recent reports.....cheap, contract at Hertha expired - some boxes being ticked and I bet he's applied.

Xabi Alonso?  Recently left Real Sociedad B and has a promotion on his CV.

In fairness to Sharpe he's usually not great about who might be signed (and with this search clearly nobody is) but after he's ruled somebody out you can usually expect that that's true. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20178333.blackburn-rovers-managerial-search-latest-ahead-interviews/

So to conclude, none of the 4 names mentioned in the last 24 hours are going to get the job and we are no closer to knowing. Farke and Carvalhal have gone elsewhere. Shambles of a club.

It's the hope that kills you.

We had the opportunity to emerge from these mediocre 5 years with a dynamic experienced manager and a decent (if threadbare) young squad.

Instead we're going to appoint Duncan fucking Ferguson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's the hope that kills you.

We had the opportunity to emerge from these mediocre 5 years with a dynamic experienced manager and a decent (if threadbare) young squad.

Instead we're going to appoint Duncan fucking Ferguson.

Would you assume that Venkys are speaking to the Farke's & Carvahal's of the World but they very quickly see through the bull shit setup and move on? Same point if they speak to Suhail & Waggott no doubt..

If that's the case the opportunity will never be there and we will only ever end up with newbies or dross. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

If Andy Bayes is to be believed in that there will be more interviews conducted after the bank holiday then we might see some of the names mentioned like Unsworth and Ferguson given an interview...

It's getting on 4 weeks since Mowbray left his post - and we knew well in advance that he was leaving.

How are they possibly planning more interviews?!

• Like 6

If Farke and Carvalho is goners, I'd prefer taking a punt on Liam Manning who is young and dynamic manager. Has a good track record in his short career, and Great at bringing on young players. 

Should fit the working with a Director of football too. 

• Like 5

Probably true that we are planning more interviews. After speaking to those decent unattached options and them running a country mile when they realise what incompetence we have running this club we will end up back at square one and have to start the process again, only this time with the dross options.

Presumably they thought that quality managers like Farke and Carvalhal would ditch their loyal staff who have worked well with them for years and agree to come here and work with Benson and Lowe and no money. An appointment of Farke or Carvalhal would have put untold more on the season ticket sales and covered the additional expense involved in making other changes to the staff.

• Like 2

Sounds to me like to usual chaos pre-Mowbray has been resumed, it really wouldn’t surprise me if Suhail is trying to hire Farke and Waggott thinks he’s hiring Ferguson. One thing is for sure, 6 months ago the ‘leaks’ where very minor and often right before an official announcement. Now there’s a different report every hour. 

• Like 3