BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Rovers budget this summer is £1.6m this includes wages and transfer fees! No manager in their right mind would take that on.

That would mean signing 2 freebies on 15k a week! 🙈 Obviously this hopefully changes if there’s player sales.

Like anyone here would know the budget. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

To his credit, Pardew walked out on CSKA for very good reasons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61665141

If he did become Rovers manager how would they cope on the dark side?

Yes clearly a man of principle, takes a stand on racism whatever the cost.

All credit to him, we need more like him, but I don’t want him anywhere near the club.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Rovers budget this summer is £1.6m this includes wages and transfer fees! No manager in their right mind would take that on.

That would mean signing 2 freebies on 15k a week! 🙈 Obviously this hopefully changes if there’s player sales.

Highly doubt this, but in any event we will be looking to move Brereton on this summer.

Although the new manager won't get the majority to play with (real life isn't FM), it will certainly bolster the budget for summer recruitment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

DOF is Already lined up but not made public for some strange reason … He has no say in the new manager …

This means he’s no real man of substance & just a rubber stamp ….. if he’s willing to be part of a setup that’s upside down ……

This whole club is very strange ……

CC was willing to take a finical hit but not work with coaching staff he doesn’t know or trust ….He was Told a few days but he heard nothing so moved on …….

Thanks for update. 

Do you know who this DoF is? 

Do you know who we are targeting now? 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

And there we have a few examples of Venky ownership in one:

D of F lined up but not announced- communication 

D of F having no say in the management appointing - upside down backwards way of doing things

Decent manager wanting to come but put off by insistence coaching staff continue- madness

Decent manager expecting to hear back but gets nothing and moves on - disrespectful 

All very dodgy

14 minutes ago, unleaded said:

DOF is Already lined up but not made public for some strange reason … He has no say in the new manager …

This means he’s no real man of substance & just a rubber stamp ….. if he’s willing to be part of a setup that’s upside down ……

CC was willing to take a finical hit but not work with coaching staff he doesn’t know or trust ….He was Told a few days but he heard nothing so moved on …….

Seems to suggest another power struggle behind the scenes again.

Venky's wanting one person and Waggott another. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whats crazy is that there are people who haven't figured out the common denominator after 12 years and genuinely believe change is coming and the owners care.

Mowbray was focused on, Waggott is focused on, the former was a steady manager who had run his course, the latter a seemingly incompetent CEO, but neither is or was the problem.

Nail on head.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Oh FFS! I was hoping for much better this time round if this is true Unleaded I fear this spells disaster for Rovers it shows they've learnt nothing in 11 years & will continue on this failed path & if true if I was in CC or DF shoes I would tell them to do one & no self-respecting manager would put up with keeping existing staff on most sane people with half an once of common sense would run a million miles & wouldn't go near it I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise but very fearful for the future. Poor Uncle Jack will be spinning in his grave if true! 😔

Why on earth would you jeopardise any potential exciting appointment, a chance to transform the club, and you know, plug some of those enormous debts and negate the need for so many cash injections, over the minuscule contracts in the grand scheme of things of Benson and David bloody Lowe.

What chance does the club have when it’s run in such a nonsensical way…

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why on earth would you jeopardise any potential exciting appointment, a chance to transform the club, and you know, plug some of those enormous debts and negate the need for so many cash injections, over the minuscule contracts in the grand scheme of things of Benson and David bloody Lowe.

What chance does the club have when it’s run in such a nonsensical way…

That assumes that Venkys are working in the clubs best interest. I dont trust them

• Like 3

As soon as I saw the Pardew news earlier I knew some goon would post 'info' that we wanted him 🤣 Imagine my surprise to see it happen, I didn't expect it to have been posted THIS soon though.

Waggott will have his union jack bow tie and bowler hat on now and will be doing Jack shit till next week so it's probably best if people don't read this thread for a few days, unless of course you have a keen interest in bullshit 😉 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, unleaded said:

This is the club all over and why we will struggle to make progress.

You'd be better off with less resources but the capability to move quickly and decisively.

It the lack of vision, clarity, confidence which is killing us.

• Like 4

I've long suspected that the termination of contracts is now a matter for India to decide and India alone. This is the reason why Mowbray was left in place until the very end, why the coaching staff are going to be part of the next man's setup and why Coyle was allowed to wreak havoc until the end of February.

Those on the ground in the UK simply don't have the authority or remit to make those changes. The owners either won't allow it or will take so long to do anything that it will torpedo an appointment anyway.

I also believe that at least 1 of the 3 has a job for life here and wouldn't ever be sacked.

Disgraceful but if that's the way the want to do things that's their choice. I've also got a choice this summer 

• Like 6