BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

Someone like Xisco Munoz or Dani Martinez the ex Granada head coach. 

Sabri Lamouchi? 

You will probably know more about these than me. I don’t have any names I just think the search may have to be expanded, a few of our initial targets haven’t been hooked. I know I said to watch out for Ferguson and unsworth but is it 1/3 close- I don’t believe so 

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lol,hypothetical i know but  rovers in it`s current guise would turn down 365 and their millions to keep be sponsored by a tinpot e-cig shop  from up the road🤣

Funny that. But for the avoidance of doubt, Totally Wicked is one of the best run, best to work for and most clued up employers in the region, not some tinpot e-cig shop 😉 If Rovers were run even a fraction as well as the business built by Fraser Cropper, then we would be flying high, not scraping the barrel.

3 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Funny that. But for the avoidance of doubt, Totally Wicked is one of the best run, best to work for and most clued up employers in the region, not some tinpot e-cig shop 😉 If Rovers were run even a fraction as well as the business built by Fraser Cropper, then we would be flying high, not scraping the barrel.

I’m sure it’s a successful business, I just wish they had a better logo , it’s horrific on the shirts haha

• Like 2

Ha just noticed that I mentioned Ronny delia on here the other day who wasn’t on any betting table and he is now came in at 25/1

sorry anyone that thought I was tipping him , I was merely trying to suggest we were at the stage of going round the houses of everyone being given a shout out.

wonder if my Garry monk suggestion will have the same effect

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

If everybody here was put on the spot and asked to put one name forward as to who you think our next manager will be, who are you all going for?

I'll start off with mine.

Nigel Adkins.

I like this game! 

I don’t think Ferguson, he would cause chaos. 
I don’t think Ainsworth, he would cost and that doesn’t seem to be an option. 
I don’t think Johnson, that would be a really hard sell to the fans. 

Could be Carrick. Could be Hughton. Manning wouldn’t be too bad. Pardew at 33/1 seems convenient. I’ll go Jokanovic, 40/1. 

Out or work- check

previous championship success albeit in the distant past- check

ex boro- check

not been tipped whatsoever- check

needs a club to throw him a bone as last job was a bit of a disaster- check

If history tells us anything, all roads lead to Garry monk and I’m sticking by it! Haha

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Me smells some bias in the air👃

It's a bog standard backstreet factory/warehouse

I mean you(sorry) they drive tranny vans around town with a fkin life size "totally wicked" superhero (ironically/disturbingly) stuck to the roof!  How classless and tacky is that!! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

21 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Unsworth has openly said his decision to leave Everton (a club he loves and where he had a good well paying job) was solely because he wants to try his hand at management or being "head coach" 

So me thinks ya wrong and are making things up. 

You think what you like.

Firstly, Unsworth has to be offered a job somewhere as a manager!

Secondly, I know of a former member of Rovers' coaching staff who is quite keen to return to the club should Ferguson get the gig. 

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Wouldn't touch Holloway with a bargepole he's just another Coyle.

Warburton would actually be a decent fit compared to a lot linked with it.

For most part I agree (apart from the Coyle bit, a bit unfair), but still preferable to some of the names mentioned that have absolutely zero experience of managing a football club.

If we gamble on a novice and could get someone like Warburton or Ainsworth, it's bonkers. Even more bonkers is there are some quality names available, and I imagine because we have pissed around the best options have now gone elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

You think what you like.

Secondly, I know of a former member of Rovers' coaching staff who is quite keen to return to the club should Ferguson get the gig. 

😂 😂 😂 

Yes i do think and speak my thoughts! What i don't do is try to pass my thoughts of as insider information. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

If everybody here was put on the spot and asked to put one name forward as to who you think our next manager will be, who are you all going for?

I'll start off with mine.

Nigel Adkins.

Bob Bradley

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whalleyrover said:

Anyone who cares about Rovers should be looking to force Maggott out of the club asap. I certainly wouldn't be buying a season ticket at present.

ROVERS TRUST VERY QUIET AT THE MOMENT!

We sent a newsletter out to members on Wednesday. It’s also on our website.

We met with Steve Waggott last month and have our AGM in three weeks. Would be good to see you there!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You think what you like.

Would this be a certain Mr Short by any chance?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whalleyrover said:

Ainsworth wouldn't be a cheap option

That's why I put it into inverted comma's. In reality none will be a cheap option, just cheaper than the A list.

Coyle was the cheapest option we could get but he ended up being the most expensive. They clearly haven't learned their lesson.

Edited by booth
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, The Gull said:

David Unsworth is from Euxton/Chorley, same as me, few years older though. 

Lots of people I know knew him when he was younger, nobody really had a decent word to say about him, mainly due to his arrogance when he was playing Premier League football for Everton, didn’t stay friends with those he was close to. 

A friend played with Ferguson at Rangers and said whilst he was an absolute nut case when he had a drink, he was super professional and generally good at everything. Said his public persona very different to the real him, quite an intellectual.

There’s a chance Big Dunc could be a very good manager, but I don’t want Unsworth anywhere near our club. 

They come as a pair 

46 minutes ago, booth said:

For most part I agree (apart from the Coyle bit, a bit unfair), but still preferable to some of the names mentioned that have absolutely zero experience of managing a football club.

If we gamble on a novice and could get someone like Warburton or Ainsworth, it's bonkers. Even more bonkers is there are some quality names available, and I imagine because we have pissed around the best options have now gone elsewhere.

If it turns out to be Ferguson, Unsworth and that former Everton SD it's going to be another agent driven cosy little scenario.

Someone has got in the ear of the owners and sold them another cheap option probably on the promise of wheeling and dealing. Taking their cut and running the club so they can ignore it again, wonder were the invisible man is in all this, probably right in the middle of it.

• Like 3

I was surprised when Everton tweeted about Unsworth leaving the club just how happy the fans were about it.
Given how long he was there (over 20 years as player or coach), he must have been completely useless as a coach, or just they were desperate for a full clean out.

Also regarding the Bet365 thing above - he’s talking about this site and little pop up adverts not Rovers shirt sponsorships. Why on earth would the Coates’ do that when they own another club in the same league 😂

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

I think Gordon Ramsey might be a good option if we’re scraping the barrel now?

He did wonders on kitchen nightmares with deluded owners, management and staff alike, he even tarted the place up with a lick of paint

if only he was pally with carlsberg!

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2