BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 hours ago, unsall said:

No, anyone who cares about Rovers SHOULD be buying a season ticket regardless of who the CEO is, or the the manager or indeed the owners, end of!!!!

No, anyone who cares about Rovers should not spend a penny with them until the owners have left for good. All the managers, CEOs, are merely symtoms. Unfortunately the remaining minority still have to work this out for themselves.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, pomster said:

I think Gordon Ramsey might be a good option if we’re scraping the barrel now?

He did wonders on kitchen nightmares with deluded owners, management and staff alike, he even tarted the place up with a lick of paint

if only he was pally with carlsberg!

I’d love him to put waggott’s head in between two slices of bread and make him say I’m an idiot sandwich. 

• Like 1

I would be most happy with Bilic - It won't be him.

I would actually be happy with Ferguson - It won't be him.

I feel dirty saying it but I keep thinking its going to be OGS with Carrick as assistant. I would be happy with that - It could be them.

I don't want Ainsworth and it was never going to be him. Would destroy the lads career working for this lot and nobody wants that.

Fully prepared for an amazingly stupid and underwhelming appointment. In fact I expect nothing else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

The story is not 'bollux'.

I am told Waggott took the call.

Waggott probably started the conversation with "thanks for your call Carlo, just to let you know you will have to work with Dave and Ben"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, superniko said:

I was surprised when Everton tweeted about Unsworth leaving the club just how happy the fans were about it.

There's nothing recent on the Everton twitter feed about David Unsworth?

Unsworth was a guest on BBC Lancs Sports evening show about two weeks back discussing the vacancies at Rovers/Burnley and the fortunes of the other Lancashire clubs. 

Thought ..strange ...and then 'click' ..oh hello ..someone getting themselves into the spotlight here ..

If the stories are true about having to work with Lowe and Benson, you can rule any manager with any experience out of the running. 

Even a Tony Pulis type wouldn’t accept them 2 muppets as part of their coaching staff.

37 minutes ago, rigger said:

Rovers asked him, but he wouldn't come.

Interviewed but wouldn't work with existing staff and Rovers baulked at him bringing his own backrooom staff even though he guaranteed resurrection.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

The story is not 'bollux'.

I am told Waggott took the call.

I was given the same info....and suspect that is where the story in Lancs Live emanated from - either directly or indirectly

When told - my reaction was to question the sources state of inebriation

But on reflection it makes sense - Maybe Ancellotti had been asked by a previous employee to put in a good word?

If I had that kind of connection I would certainly use it 

Are we sure that the odds on Ferguson / Unsworth shortening are not down to the rumours about Walsh coming in and Farke officially being ruled out? Something doesn't add up. All signs pointed to a DoF not being linked to the manager search, both in club statements and a headhunting agency being used for the DoF.

Walsh doesn't automatically suggest Ferguson to me. What it does suggest is that Waggot and Suhail are struggling and have missed out on their top targets. All communications suggested the DoF would come in after a managerial appointment, and now the DoF is starting next week. That seemed down to design and not the availability of candidates. I think they're desperate for some help, and it wouldn't surprise me to see a few new names plucked out the hat as a result now that there could be new input into the managerial search. I'm hoping this 'bank holiday' shut down has been to allow the DoF to get set up, Monday he'll be unveiled and first thing on the agenda is discussing where we're up to in the interview process.

We have no idea. Walsh may not be a fan of Ferguson or Unsworth. He's got a good track record in the game, so I'm willing to give Walsh a show of faith rather than assuming it's "jobs for the boys." If Ferguson does come in, my hope would be that our new DoF who's worked his way up in the game is able to give a glowing endorsement, having worked with him first hand. That would make me more comfortable with Ferguson as a manager.

The big thing this club has been missing over the years is footballing knowledge at Ewood that isn't strategically placed to strengthen Mowbrays position at the club. That and a quick sign off to Venkys, enabling fast decisions. A good DoF would bring half of that, and Ferguson or not, I hope Walsh is key to the managerial appointment. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

Rovers asked him, but he wouldn't come.

Has a saviour complex anyway.

Apparently in negotiations to work on the catering team though. Could feed about 5,000 with very little, so Waggott is keen.

• Like 2