BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

24 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

There is a growing feeling that the club could yet approach an in-work manager, having done only once during the eight managers appointed by owners Venky’s.

……so why don’t they bloody get on with it??!! What a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Dont want any of them. After Wycombe's limp mowbray esque playoff final, no longer sure om Ainsworth

couldnt put it better myself but i feel the longer this lingers on, people will settle for anyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Call me old fashioned but this bloody DOF is juts another level of bureaucracy for me, why do we need a director of football? All our efforts should be targeted at getting a manager, not another level between him and the owners.

Madness, waste of time. 

Spot on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Call me old fashioned but this bloody DOF is juts another level of bureaucracy for me, why do we need a director of football? All our efforts should be targeted at getting a manager, not another level between him and the owners.

Madness, waste of time. 

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Spot on.

Agree also 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Feck me, would steer well clear of Warne.  If Championship experience is a prerequisite (and it wouldn't be for me) then Warne is a serial faiure.  Difficult to be more underwhelmed.

As I've said before, the devil is in the detail.  There is a big difference between a manager who is currently in work (like Ainsworth) and a candidate currently employed in football but not as a manager (like Ferguson). 

Fair enough if you don’t include Ferguson as a manager, and maybe Everton would release him without compensation, but it still means the other 2 names don’t stack up. Though as Sharpe mentions that could change

Edited by Tugayisgod

6 minutes ago, Tricky said:

well apparently...

so we're now at a shortlist of:

Jon Dahl Tommason
Ronny Deila
Paul Warne
Duncan Ferguson

🙄

4 followers

With all due respect to the likes of Ainsworth and Warne, I think it's symptomatic of the fears in the fan base about another botched appointment.  Even Carvalhal and Farke wouldn't have merited a mention in the halcyon days of Jack.

Feck me, we are Blackburn Rovers, a club with great history, traditions and relative recent success (PL, League Cup, Europe qualification).

We don't want any more 'steady Eddies' with delusional journey plans in their heads, we don't want, IMO,'has beens' / 'never have beens' like  Adkins / Graysons, we don't want, IMO, no hopers like Woodgate, we want someone who is going to ignite the passions of the club and its fans, someone with hunger, aggression and a will to simply win.

We may have to roll the dice, take a chance in order to give us some hope of a better, brighter and more exciting future.  Surely that is better than continuing in the moribund state we find our beloved Rovers in. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Why's it matter what Carlo makes of Duncan Ferguson? Wasn't in a rush to recommend him for the Everton job or let him follow him to Madrid was he? No more of this 'job for the boys' bollocks.

There's literally no point in the last 5 week 'process' (Waggott drinking brews in his office whilst on Microsoft Teams) if we appoint someone on the basis of one persons word, who frankly couldn't give a feck if appointing Duncan Ferguson worked out for us or not.

Players due back next week I believe? I jokingly said back in April we wouldn't have a manager, recruitment department or any new signings by the time the players come back, and low and behold here we are.

Season starts in just under 8 weeks and we're about to lose two academy grads for nothing, have a current squad that, without additions, would be relegated, have no manager, assistant manager, recruitment department, fitness staff. And the club wants people to renew before the end of this week or pay £30 MORE than an already expensive season ticket?

Not sure we could be more badly run if we tried to be.

Add to that a cheap as chips,flogged for nothing sponsorship deal and were looking very,very ill prepared.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Dont want any of them. After Wycombe's limp mowbray esque playoff final, no longer sure om Ainsworth

I'm also unsure of what folk see in Ainsworth,still a rookie Manager learning his trade.

Sadly,I think many see the Ewood job as a poisoned Chalice nowadays that only the desperate would drink from.

I also fear the Venky money tap has been turned off.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I'm also unsure of what folk see in Ainsworth,still a rookie Manager learning his trade.

Sadly,I think many see the Ewood job as a poisoned Chalice nowadays that only the desperate would drink from.

I also fear the Venky money tap has been turned off.

Is it a poisoned chalice anymore though? 

Any manager looking in will have seen the last guy get 5 years at the job, shaping the club how he saw fit with little to no pressure to deliver results or sell anyone.

I would say if you can get your feet in, it's probably the most comfortable/cushiest gig in football.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A manager with over 500 games under his belt.

Let's go for Ferguson instead.

• Like 7