BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe Birdie is from another planet ?

Indisputably, a Rovers' super fan but never been sure why he's known as 'Birdy' when his surname is Birkbeck?

In my mind, the late Stuart Baird (think I've got his name right) was the original, and in many ways unique, 'Birdy'.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Absolutely right

If I took over as the owner of BRFC my first question to the CEO would be: have you identified the next Rovers manager? And if not, why not? A CEO who hadn't done so would be failing in his job and should get shown the door

You've always got to be one step ahead of the game in football; managers come and go and even the best ones get replaced or move on. Liverpool will already be eyeing up Klopp's replacement

Rovers should have had Mowbray's successor identified months ago and appointed long before now

It's what all switched on organisations do.  The Human Resources' bods called it 'succession planning' - can work well if done properly but I've seen the process vary from the sublime to the ridiculous! 

I think Rovers' did have a plan back in April 2021 with either Wilder or Neil the candidates.  Sadly, I think they either bottled it or 'flip flopped' as when Coyle was chosen over Warnock. 

However, I think the last few weeks have been an utter shambles.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2022 at 15:05, ChrisyG said:

I suspect it's because they haven't got a clue what they're doing. This thread will be over 500 pages before we get a new manager.

This was my prediction on 3rd May. Just 200 pages to go!

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's what all switched on organisations do.  The Human Resources' bods called it 'succession planning' - can work well if done properly but I've seen the process vary from the sublime to the ridiculous! 

I think Rovers' did have a plan back in April 2021 with either Wilder or Neil the candidates.  Sadly, I think they either bottled it or 'flip flopped' as when Coyle was chosen over Warnock. 

However, I think the last few weeks have been an utter shambles.

It’s worrying that, reportedly,  the agency which recommended League of Gentlemen character Waggott have sourced our DOF 😱

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Maybe it’s got so bad  we’re looking at Aussie cricketers now? 😉 

The pitch at Ewood floods as it is in heavy rain. Don't need David Warner crying on the sidelines adding to it 😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Indisputably, a Rovers' super fan but never been sure why he's known as 'Birdy' when his surname is Birkbeck?

In my mind, the late Stuart Baird (think I've got his name right) was the original, and in many ways unique, 'Birdy'.

All I can say is that from the 60's, when I started on the old Blackburn End, there were always two "Birdies"...variously "Fat Birdy/Thin Birdy" or "Birdy One/Birdy Two"....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

oops, typo, Wagner.

Could do a lot worse than Wagner I think. It's all a matter of opinion though. Personally I'm not keen on Warne but then there's a slight possibility I know less than waggot, so I wouldn't listen to me 😂

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, unsall said:

Totally disagree, like you said supporting a football club is very different to everything else, it’s in the blood, all this crap about superfan etc does my head in, nobody should wait to see who the manager is before committing because whoever it it is could be a success or a total failure.

Ask Birdie if he’s waiting for a new manager before he renews, he’d look at you like you’re from a different planet.

Like I’ve said before,Forest signed up Hughton thought what an appointment,turned out a disaster, got Cooper in everything turned found.

All clubs are the same, a percentage who supports through thick and thin and the rest who thinks that they know which manager should be appointed before committing, at least I can say I’ve watched everything from bang average, crap and the sublime , not just jumped in different seasons when it’s going well..

It’s not really that simple though, is it?

If people think they’re having the piss taken out of them, then they won’t renew out of principle. While yourself and others will renew no matter what.

Nobody is better than the other, but people need to be respecting the views of others. It’s a shame I’m having to say this for a second time in a week tbh.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

All I can say is that from the 60's, when I started on the old Blackburn End, there were always two "Birdies"...variously "Fat Birdy/Thin Birdy" or "Birdy One/Birdy Two"....

Same here, Birdy the Ted, who is the one still going. And Birdy the maniac ( Stuart Baird ),  now dead .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

The fact that he took a rag tag outfit like Luton and moulded them into a play off playing team? A manager who has passion in abundance? a manager who out manoeuvred a mowbray team this season?

FFS!

Not only that but a manager who's constantly in the ear of the 4th official

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Massive Rangers fan was “thin Birdy” but also big Rovers fan and an absolute nutter, went on a few coach trips with him on board, always ended a bit messy.

I know this is speculative - but I posted earlier in this thread that I was told last Aug(by a solid source) that both TM and SW were leaving at the end of the season

If that is true (and for TM it clearly was) is it just possible that SW is just going through the motions with no real intent of finding anybody?

Come 30 June he walks away and we are really up shit creek? 

• Like 1