BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Always slightly annoys me when people call us 'Blackburn' but he's got time to learn. He seems screwed on in the interview tbh and if we appoint Knutsen I think I might actually be excited about Rovers for once.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

The name I was given had a wealth of experience from Academy through to 1st team and is widely respected and still employed in a football capacity.  I think we probably baulked at the cost of that experience / quality.

Now we have a DoF, care to name the one you were given or is it top secret 😉

Edited by funny-old-game
  • Like 1

Knutsen would be an interesting signing, if possible. What he and his team has done in Bodö/Glimt is very impressive. 

Would also be nice to not be in for one of the regular old dinosaurs that roam the market. 

However, is there any actual proof of interest or just speculation based on the DoF appointment?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, den said:

Sounds intelligent and thoughtful. One of the keys to this being successful will be how well communications with the owners go. There needs to be massive improvement on that score.

I wish him well. 

Has he got a twin bother to take over from the used car salesman as CEO 

Edited by funny-old-game
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rickard said:

Knutsen would be an interesting signing, if possible. What he and his team has done in Bodö/Glimt is very impressive. 

Would also be nice to not be in for one of the regular old dinosaurs that roam the market. 

However, is there any actual proof of interest or just speculation based on the DoF appointment?

Seems to be just speculation for now, as soon as the DOF appointment was made fans have seemingly just put two and two together. Who knows though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Seems to be just speculation for now, as soon as the DOF appointment was made fans have seemingly just put two and two together. Who knows though. 

Supposedly he rejected both Rosenborg (Norwegian giants) and LA Galaxy to stay in Bodö. And I assume that him having a contract to 2024 would be a stumbling block. Unless he has a clause for foreign clubs.

• Like 1

Decent appointment this seems to be all things considered.

I was expecting worse to be honest like another Paul Senior but i reckon this guy could be a good fit.  As long as he is allowed to do what he's here to do.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pretty sure @Swansonrecommended Knutsen years ago as a potential manager appointment who would be class!

Be class if we got him

I did actually. But as I posted earlier in this thread today, it might seem unlikely because I have been told that Gregg and Knutsen wasn't best friends at Bodø/Glimt and that was part of the reason why he left the club.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Decent appointment this seems to be all things considered.

I was expecting worse to be honest like another Paul Senior but i reckon this guy could be a good fit.  As long as he is allowed to do what he's here to do.

Exactly. Looks an interesting appointment on paper, but if decisions are taking way to long to be approved, or simply ignored, from those that really have the power it might be a case of how long will he stick with us, rather than the other way around.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I did actually. But as I posted earlier in this thread today, it might seem unlikely because I have been told that Gregg and Knutsen wasn't best friends at Bodø/Glimt and that was part of the reason why he left the club.

Great, cue another random name entering the frame tomorrow 😂

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Great, cue another random name entering the frame tomorrow 😂

Definitely feels like it’s going to be left field if it isn’t one of the two Norwegian’s. Despite our administration being tin pot, they do seem to do well to keep names from the public domain (when they want). 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Whirlwind 48 hours he says, seems pretty clear he wasn’t the number one choice then but he’s making the right noises early doors. All the best Gregg. 

Thing that worries me about the 48 hours is that Broughton may not have had time to realise how dysfunctional our setup is and is in for some surprises.

Hope he doesn't pull a Lambert in a few months.

• Like 2

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Chaddy mentioned him about a month ago. I'm not taking the piss, he genuinely did, and I said at the time it's the kind of left field appt that could really work.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thing that worries me about the 48 hours is that Broughton may not have had time to realise how dysfunctional our setup is and is in for some surprises.

Hope he doesn't pull a Lambert in a few months.

I am pretty sure he would have asked numerous questions about all things football related, you are underestimating the mans intellect if you think that!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Lies - All I said was, I’d take Ferguson on the back of Ancelotti’s recommendation. I still would…but with Broughton now in place, surely the dream ticket is Knutsen or Delia? 

Lol, "dream ticket?"

If I'd asked you to name your "dream ticket" at the start of this tortuous recruitment process, you wouldn't have come up with that combination if you'd been given a million tries. You just hitch your wagon to whoever seems to be the most likely to get the job at any given point. If there's a new favourite for the manager's or head coach's role by Friday you'll be saying we absolutely have to get them in instead.

"Dream ticket" - Hmmm......"The best we can hope for after practically everyone else has turned us down" might be  a more apt descriptor but whoever comes in we will have to wish them luck.

• Like 2

Surely Knutsen would be the ‘dream ticket’ in that context as he’s actually had success with Broughton, Delia just happens to be from the same country as Knutsen, go and get OGS in if that’s the barometer.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am pretty sure he would have asked numerous questions about all things football related, you are underestimating the mans intellect if you think that!

I think the concern is if the DoF realises he's dealing with faraway idiots and a Spiv with a beard.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Feel free to hide this post, mods, but can we change the title of this thread to something less depressing? Just "Next Manager" or something that won't put Knutsen off. 😁

He would just need to read all the negativity on here to be put off 

• Like 2

DoF seems like a really interesting appointment and one that can build on our Category 1 academy and philosophy of promoting youth as Mowbray supported to his credit over the last 5 years. 

I do wonder why this wasn’t done sooner though so he could aid the recruitment of a suitable manager who aligns with this vision. 

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think the concern is if the DoF realises he's dealing with faraway idiots and a Spiv with a beard.

I think it would be of concern of the new DOF didn't ask such questions to satisfy himself before accepting the job.

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Surely Knutsen would be the ‘dream ticket’ in that context as he’s actually had success with Broughton, Delia just happens to be from the same country as Knutsen, go and get OGS in if that’s the barometer.

I don’t think it is the barometer. It’s just that Deila is close to the top of the betting list.

From what Swanson says, earlier in the thread, it would appear that Knutsen and Broughton don’t get on, so it may well have to be Broughton and a n other.

• Like 1