BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

It seems an opportune time for this…

For a tenner (or a third of the Waggott tax on a current season ticket) you can become a member of The Rovers Trust.

What’s in it for you? 

You get an equal say in what we do, you can elect or stand for the Trust board, you can help us try to influence things at the club, you become a minority shareholder in BRFC.

Whats in it for us?

We want to represent as many members as possible, we want to hear ideas, we need to utilise skills, we want a bigger voice.

There’s a lot more detail on our website, you can sign up there too.

Many of you on will have got a flavour of some of the recent discussions we’ve been having with the club from posts on this forum. We’ve said for a while this will be a pivotal summer. We want to be in as strong a position as possible… the more members we have, the stronger we are.

https://www.roverstrust.com

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£299, slightly more in the JWU.

As a comparison, PNE - £280 to £300, Bolton - £219 to £280..

Do you think we’d be similar in numbers if we ran a similar price?

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who knows, it would certainly be considerably more than this horrendous sales period.

I think there’s more deep seated malaise due to Venkys, preston for example are probably as close to the best they’ve been for decades and Bolton are in a different ownership and “on their way back”.

I’m certain we’ve had this discussion a few hundred times in the last ten years, but I’m not convinced anything other than success and promotion will retain the figures discussed in the Allardyce era and before.

I don’t think price is such a barrier. I think many ex ST holders at rovers have their own reasons, more to do with level and expectations, which ultimately impact experience.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I think there’s more deep seated malaise due to Venkys, preston for example are probably as close to the best they’ve been for decades and Bolton are in a different ownership and “on their way back”.

I’m certain we’ve had this discussion a few hundred times in the last ten years, but I’m not convinced anything other than success and promotion will retain the figures discussed in the Allardyce era and before.

I don’t think price is such a barrier. I think many ex ST holders at rovers have their own reasons, more to do with level and expectations, which ultimately impact experience.

PNE have been bobbing about where they are right now for about 20 years, give or take an odd L1 season.

They reduced prices and sales have boomed. 

Price is undoubtedly a big barrier, it’s £500+ a ticket in the JWU!

I’m not expecting anything like PL sales, not even Bowyer era sales at the moment, my worry is how we just keep on losing sales every single year, it’s just not normal across the leagues.

We can slice this many ways, but we can all agree that we are in a real state.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thats the post early bird PNE price (post them selling c12k at £280 to £300).

That's exactly what we should be doing. Taking advantage of a decent ish season, new Manager and there is going to be a lot of new players in. If that doesn't get former season ticket holders back or new faces in then nothing will. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien

If Im reading it right, PNE's prices are now similar to ours give or take.

The difference being, as MattyBlue points out, is that they put out an attractive early bird offer which has paid off. 

They probably won't now sell many more, but effectively they've got their season ticket business done early through their early bird scheme.

In contrast, our early bird prices are virtually the same as our late bird prices (£30 difference). The vast majority of PNE ST holders will have paid £100-£150 or so less than we have.

• Like 1

Unimaginative and outdated marketing.

CEO completely out of ideas and foresight.

Madame Desai,was furious early in Venky's tenure when she realised how John Williams re-invigorated attendances by cutting season ticket prices.Since then the attitude has remained, as our Commercial Manager has been quoted, "don't devalue the product"

How can you, on one hand stump up £20 million a season, and on the other reduce your income.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

In fairness the club are doing all they can.

I just followed a bus up Livesey branch road, the back of it covered in an advert for ‘Our Rovers’ Season Tickets

I mean sure it was for 2019 / 2020 season tickets with those prices advertised but we can’t expect them to put the effort in every single year…

Whilst this was an obviously flippant post earlier the more I think about it I’m pissed off.

You can have all the slogans like “one of our own” all you like, there is no heart at the Centre of this club, there’s no pride in what was built and what remains.

We need change, at minimum we need someone like Duncan to have a seat at the table and someone around that table who can do more than “take it away and look into it”

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Whilst this was an obviously flippant post earlier the more I think about it I’m pissed off.

You can have all the slogans like “one of our own” all you like, there is no heart at the Centre of this club, there’s no pride in what was built and what remains.

We need change, at minimum we need someone like Duncan to have a seat at the table and someone around that table who can do more than “take it away and look into it”

Jheez Tom, I don’t think I’ve ever known you get angry!

6 hours ago, Don Said said:

Horrendous, but not surprising.

A result of the lack of imagination, the lack of grasp on current day reality, and also the lack of understanding of Blackburn Rovers and its supporters/demographic by those overseeing the day to day ‘running’ of the club.

Steve Waggott and co - well done.

It's more down to a total lack of respect for the fans.

• Like 2

How can the people responsible for this be seen to be justifying their wages by their big bosses who are supposedly astute business people ?

Season ticket sales have fallen year on year under Waggot ever since he stepped through the door. Despite a promotion and relative stability, so we end up with year on year price hikes to try and cover the shortfall.

Absolutely cutting our own throats it's like someone wants to kill the match going fanbase to the bare minimum on purpose.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2022 at 11:19, Mattyblue said:

With our demographics, a limited, hemmed in catchment area, a cost of living crisis, pricing of other clubs, to put season tickets for potential new/returning fans at £429 -£529 is ridiculous.

Us ‘experts on brfcs’ (as a certain poster likes to mock us with) can see these calamitous situations arising a mile off, yet those who are supposedly overseeing ‘big improvements’ can’t.

Lets hope there’s a fanbase left by the time these incompetents have fecked off…

Not looking like it, is it…

• Like 1