BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So appears like Burns will get his chance tomorrow.

Interestingly Leonard not with the first team tomorrow so Burns preferred.

Appears they made a mistake not taking him to Portugal IMO.

I have said before, Burns's qualities are ideal for the high press.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

If I was a defender who had to mark him, I would discribe him as, an irritable little git.

46 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a la paul dickov,the wasp as i used to call him

Dickov is a fair comparison. He's not as physical as Dickov was, but probably quicker. Scored a lot of goals for U23 running in behind. 100% effort.

Watched a few games to see how he went on at Scunthorpe. They were so desperatly poor that he struggled a bit with their long balls and physical battle against centre-backs 30 cm taller and 20 kg heavier. Expect he would done a lot better in more ball-playing team.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wouldn't call it a mistake, think it was giving Leonard a learning experience. I would think Leonard is seen as the better prospect for the future, he's a wonderful footballer with real football intelligence. A bit like Sheringham. However needs more experience and to bulk up before Championship football. I'd reckon another year of U23 will do him good as he was still U18 last year.

31 minutes ago, briansol said:

Wouldn't call it a mistake, think it was giving Leonard a learning experience. I would think Leonard is seen as the better prospect for the future, he's a wonderful footballer with real football intelligence. A bit like Sheringham. However needs more experience and to bulk up before Championship football. I'd reckon another year of U23 will do him good as he was still U18 last year.

Sherringham would have been no good at the high press

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why is it mistake? 

I would imagine that him performing in 2 friendlies like he has then JDT wants to have a closer look at him. 

Sam Burns reminds of Paul Dickov and he is pest on the pitch

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Right, who are the trialists?

On 04/07/2022 at 11:01, arbitro said:

For anybody who collects badges Accrington will have a commemorative one for sale on Saturday.

I would like to have one of those.  Lived a stones throw from Crown.  Watched Stanley 68 from formation for a couple years.

I wonder if anyone far more imaginative has some new songs lined up for today.

If not I'm sure JDT will enjoy his first live airing of Barmy Army 😕

Looks a lovely day far it, I'll never forget the absolute monsoon last time we played them. I knew it was gonna happen so went in the covered home end. The open terraced away end must have been half full after 20 mins of constant rain and everyone retired to the crown 😆

• Like 1

• Backroom

What's the chances of a trialist or 2 showing up today? 

I remember the friendly Vs Accrington where 6ft 4 Sacha Petshi rocked up in centre midfield on trial, that was a laugh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

I would like to have one of those.  Lived a stones throw from Crown.  Watched Stanley 68 from formation for a couple years.

I used to live on Kingsway…probably a handful of throw’s away…we’re you in that vicinity ? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Madon said:

What's the chances of a trialist or 2 showing up today? 

I remember the friendly Vs Accrington where 6ft 4 Sacha Petshi rocked up in centre midfield on trial, that was a laugh.

I think franny Jeffers also turned out for his first game at Stanley pre season. My mate who’d had one too many kept shouting last chance saloon at him every time he came vaguely within earshot. There’s a highly rated young talent who did naff all with his career.

• Like 1