BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

19 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I think the Maggott posse got totally lost in the process. Broughton turns up and says he knows just , left field, scratch head, "Oh OK, go on then". Joke process but if Broughton did say FO and grabbed the reigns then that augers well for the future and player .

Two ways to look at that. 

If we're being generous, the most important part of the process for Waggott was the recruitment of the DOF, with the plan to give that person the opportunity to use their contacts and knowledge to build the management team as they require. I'm personally cautiously optimistic that they've smashed it with both the DOF and head coach role.

Of course, I also wouldn't put it past him that he had absolutely not idea what the hell he was doing and accidentally struck gold with Broughton.

Clearly GB turned up, saw the shitshow of a manager search and said children please leave this to the adult in the room. His thought process for picking JDT is precise and logical. This all feels weird. I am starting to think a change is a foot and maybe a brighter future. It’s the hope that kills though 

• Like 6

I’m hopeful that Waggott will now give up his Brockhall office to Broughton. He needs to now stay at Ewood 99% of the time and concentrate his efforts on the issues there.

So many reasons to be positive about what is going on on the pitch. I think it would be very hopeful to expect anything really radical, but serious effort needs to go into fan engagement, ticketing, sorting out the ground, marketing, commercial etc.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

30 second clip of him meeting the squad, as Gally approaches with a big smile JDT says ‘good to see a striker’ 

I need to stop getting carried away here!

He was probably wondering why we didn’t have any.

Just catching up with the interviews. Broughton and Tomasson look like they are a good team.

Now we just need Venkys to support the vision.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Play to his strengths, get the ball in front of him, make it so his first touch is a shot on goal.

I think he'll get shut of players like Gally.  Terrible player with the ball at his feet...hearing all this hyperbole about the performance before result, can't see SG being part of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

I don’t think they’d won anything for a few seasons, JDT turned up and delivered two title wins and champions league group success.

I imagine they were pretty chuffed.

Aye, but many outsiders thought we should be pretty chuffed with the job Mowbray was doing.

Always keen to hear a fans view.

I haven’t followed much of the interviews. Mowbray cured me of listening to interviews. It’s not what they say but what they do that matters to me. Having said that you’d have to be churlish not to be impressed by the blokes general demeanour and manner.

What a change to see the manager with a smile on his face.

• Like 4

The good thing is Broughton and JDT seem to have a plan. Listening to them, they have a vision in mind. There hasn't been a plan at the club for a long time. We have been winging it for the last 11 years. They just need to be allowed to implement their ideas with the right backing from the owners.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Perhaps we'll see a different player with him having a former world class striker to look up to on a daily basis.

I'm hopeful that this goes for many other players. I doubt there are many better places to improve your game as a striker than under JDT.

There's only so much you can do to polish a turd. I was rather more hopeful that JDT might jettison Gallagher in favour of someone decent and add an extra dimension to BBD's game if he's still here this season.