BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That is particularly harsh and completely unfair imo.

Has no - one ever heard of the concept of mutual trust and confidentiality?

I am not going to tell you if I do or do not, you will just have to trust me that I do ..... or do not.....

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

You understand completely wrong and I’m actually a little offended on the behalf of long standing fans with decades of support who are being told they haven’t renewed this summer due to ‘hurt feelings’ by someone thousands of miles away and it is actually nothing to do with the ‘bread and egg’ fund.

What give you the right?

Nothing, I have no rights here. I’m not a resident of Blackburn, or even England. I’m just a fan, and a latecomer, at that. 

It’s simply the only Blackburn Rovers we have. I would hate to see the club relegated to history. 

Sad stuff, but it could happen. You’re right, nothing gives me the right to criticize, I’m just an old, retired guy living in Texas. If fans don’t go, the club won’t make it. Championship level money by itself cannot sustain it. Venky’s won’t be sorry, they will still be billionaires. the fans & the city of Blackburn would be the ones to suffer.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Nothing, I have no rights here. I’m not a resident of Blackburn, or even England. I’m just a fan, and a latecomer, at that. 

It’s simply the only Blackburn Rovers we have. I would hate to see the club relegated to history. 

Sad stuff, but it could happen. You’re right, nothing gives me the right to criticize, I’m just an old, retired guy living in Texas. If fans don’t go, the club won’t make it. Championship level money by itself cannot sustain it. Venky’s won’t be sorry, they will still be billionaires. the fans & the city of Blackburn would be the ones to suffer.  

But you are repeatedly ignoring the primary reason as to why the attendances are so low even when someone who is a regular attendee with a clear understanding of the club and also the area is telling you, price.

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

So people should take £430- £530 from the magic money tree in their back yard? 

If it’s unaffordable, it’s unaffordable and a love of the club and Venky’s not giving a shite if we went under doesn’t alter that fact.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That is particularly harsh and completely unfair imo.

Has no - one ever heard of the concept of mutual trust and confidentiality?

Of course I have. But from a message board harmony point of view, it’s counter productive to have people saying ‘things are better’, but then never expanding on why. If things are getting better, I’m here for it, believe me! But sometimes, when we get people saying ‘you’re talking rubbish’. Then they never explain why, it can be very frustrating to read the same things over and over again.

Not after chapter and verse- but a simple ‘things are better, x is in the pipeline’, you’ll love what is going on behind the scenes etc’.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So people should take £430- £530 from the magic money tree in their back yard? 

If it’s unaffordable, it’s unaffordable and a love of the club and Venky’s not giving a shite if we went under doesn’t alter that fact.

Fair enough. I came from humble circumstances myself, I can appreciate the fact not everybody is made of money. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I know all this stuff… but I can’t tell you 🤭 he he’ is an odd way to behave on a message board, unless it’s just to stoke your own ego.

You want to protect confidences? No problem, keep shtum then!

I've said it before, Matty. You go and engage with them at Ewood but they do a job on you instead by making you feel like an important fan. Ego stroking. They'll drop a few bits of info here and there, sure.

You leave thinking you're the man and that those forum lot and others are clueless idiots. Situation diffused. Job done.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

As you correctly stated earlier Blackburn is a town, not a city

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

First RoversTV interview

https://fb.watch/dFMQF8MZY3/

Speaks very well.

Like the body language, the confidence and excitement is there to see. A stark contrast from the latter months under Mowbray. Really hope this is the start of an exciting new era for the club.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Utter rubbish, if the club folds it will not be because a few thousand people did not pay their £20/ fortnight

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d say Allardyce was higher profile in terms of a managerial appointment and Ince and Lambert both had stellar playing careers at home and abroad followed by a modicum of success as managers. Only one of those appointments stood the test of time.

Souness and Sparky had both

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I know all this stuff… but I can’t tell you 🤭 he he’ is an odd way to behave on a message board, unless it’s just to stoke your own ego.

You want to protect confidences? No problem, keep shtum then!

Having met darrenrover I'm absolutely certain there's no ego's whatsoever involved here, just a genuine desire to help the Club do better and ultimately prosper.

Not particularly wishing to speak for him, (he's more than capable of doing that for himself!) but personally  I don't think he's guilty of anything more than being unable to resist the temptation to react to something he sees posted on here he perceives as being completely wrong or unfair having discussed various matters with the Club and having formed an opinion on what they have to say.

Beyond that the implied understanding that matters discussed will be kept confidential and common decency prevent him from going into further detail.

• Like 6