BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

35 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

on the issue of kompany,he made a mess of the anderlecht job,the biggest club in belgium by far and barely made 3rd place,he`s going to fail at turd morgue,especially when they barely have a squad and no money

Tell you what I am sceptical about JDT but I'd rather him than Kompany any day of the week. 

Kompany may have a better chance of getting youngsters from City on loan, and may be a bigger name for attracting players, but in terms of past managerial performance and experience JDT beats him hands down. Much rather have the guy with proven success in a smaller league than one who, as you say, hasn't done that well at all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Add me to the 'cautiously optimistic' group. Has said all the right things in his (short) time with us, but the real proof comes with the signings, the lineups, the performances and the results. He's got responsibility for three of those things, but the other lies with Broughton, and ultimately, their paymasters.

A little surpised JDT mentioned Waggott selling the club to him. I wouldn't trust Waggott with a school tuckshop.

Sorry .... But if Maggott has sold him the club, he’s going to be in for a rude awakening when the seasons starts. The stadium will be 2/3rds empty.

If he has a Lambert clause in his contract he’l be gone at crimbo!

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Tell you what I am sceptical about JDT but I'd rather him than Kompany any day of the week. 

Kompany may have a better chance of getting youngsters from City on loan, and may be a bigger name for attracting players, but in terms of past managerial performance and experience JDT beats him hands down. Much rather have the guy with proven success in a smaller league than one who, as you say, hasn't done that well at all. 

Same here. I've been trying to imagine how I would have felt had we appointed Kompany instead. I don't think I would have been all that enthused by it.

What he has going for him is that he was an inspirational captain at City and he will probably have first dibs on any of the exciting youngsters City want to loan out.

In terms of managerial ability so far, he doesn't seem all that. I think we've got the better deal, though admittedly we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

• Like 3

By the sounds of things he surrounded himself with some excellent staff at Malmo and he's brought a couple of them with him. This in itself is huge. It also gives me a little hope the purse strings may not be quite as tight as first anticipated. With so little coming out of the club the assumption has been the budget will be non-existent. Fingers crossed there's something there. 

• Like 1

A player we might have a look at is Erik Bottheim. Scored a good few at Bodo Glimt and got a move to Krasnodar in Russia, had his contract terminated there after Russia invaded Ukraine so he’s a free agent, only 22 years old and won’t want huge wages. Whether we can get a work permit I’m not sure but he’d be a decent signing up top.

• Like 7

Cutting to the chase, clubs that are successful in gaining promotion from Championship to premiership have health transfer budgets and health wage structures.

From JDT to be a success here he needs significant funds, otherwise he will fail.

Over to you billionaire owners.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Cutting to the chase, clubs that are successful in gaining promotion from Championship to premiership have health transfer budgets and health wage structures.

From JDT to be a success here he needs significant funds, otherwise he will fail.

Over to you billionaire owners.

Your point is valid, but my understanding is that transfers will be Broughton’s remit.

The way it's being set up there'll only be young players brought in and similar to recently probably a ceiling of 500k initial fee.

As of the last few years it's going to rest on how they work the loan market as to how competitive we are.  Would have been the same had the previous manager remained and it's why there is no Carlos or similar, because there'll be no real budget.

Think we have to get used to that and accept it i don't think he's here to launch an instant promotion drive on the back of 8th last season.

He should be but it's not how these lot work here.

Edited by tomphil

18 minutes ago, Butty said:

A player we might have a look at is Erik Bottheim. Scored a good few at Bodo Glimt and got a move to Krasnodar in Russia, had his contract terminated there after Russia invaded Ukraine so he’s a free agent, only 22 years old and won’t want huge wages. Whether we can get a work permit I’m not sure but he’d be a decent signing up top.

1 point short of qualifying for a work permit. Would have to go to the exceptions panel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Should have been sacked a year ago but then oversaw a season of significant improvement. Micro analysis of the former managers press conferences are no longer needed.

Either way, looking forward, we was right to change and roll the dice. Lets hope we can improve our league position and finally break that top 6 ceiling, that has to be the acid test.

One thing we have had in the last 5 years is regular goalscorers in Dack, Graham, Armstrong and Brereton. We need Tomasson/the DOF to find a good striker though and hope that Dack and co can chip in with plenty.

I actually think Gallagher would score plenty with the right service... and I'm hardly his biggest fan. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Never said it was. Although it is often a factor. 

Didn't realise that. Good to know someone has some experience of the Championship. 

Mate I've looked at the positives and the negatives! I think it's called balance, if not realism. No appointment is ever going to be completely good or completely bad (well Kean but he wasn't a manager but a con job) so there will be pros and cons. It's ok to acknowledge both. It doesn't make you a super fan pretending the latter don't exist. 

Completely agree with that we have to acknowledge both but the day we employ a young head coach who seems enthusiastic isn't a time to be negative. Not when for the last month we all thought we'd end up with a has been AGAIN or someone with zero experience. I think we was all gutted when we didn't get Carvahal or Farke, but atleast we've got a change from the norm and something we can hopefully look forward to. It may not work out, as all employments are a gamble. 

And I don't claim to be or am not a super fan, just a rovers fan thats wanting the best for the club and to see us succeed.

Edited by deanives

1 hour ago, pomster said:

Sorry .... But if Maggott has sold him the club, he’s going to be in for a rude awakening when the seasons starts. The stadium will be 2/3rds empty.

If he has a Lambert clause in his contract he’l be gone at crimbo!

We saw in January - the fans WANT to come back, you just have to give them something to believe in (and some sensible ticket prices). 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Is he paying for them?

I think it’s pretty obvious that I meant it’s Broughton who Venkys will need to back in the transfer market.

Tomasson reportedly not involved in transfers.

It’s actually quite scary that we are now relying on Bodo Glimt’s previous academy guy to bring in the right players.

Let’s hope he’s up to it.

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

I think it’s pretty obvious that I meant it’s Broughton who Venkys will need to back in the transfer market.

It’s actually quite scary that we are now relying on Bodo Glimt’s previous academy guy to bring in the right players.

I'm sure transfers are a group effort - they're not just going to lump him with players. That's how Man Utd work and it's a clown show. 

They'll scout players and bring a list of them to him - then they'll collaborate to bring in the right ones. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, deanives said:

Completely agree with that we have to acknowledge both but the day we employ a young head coach who seems enthusiastic isn't a time to be negative. Not when for the last month we all thought we'd end up with a has been AGAIN or someone with zero experience. I think we was all gutted when we didn't get Carvahal or Farke, but atleast we've got a change from the norm and something we can hopefully look forward to. It may not work out, as all employments are a gamble. 

And I don't claim to be or am not a super fan, just a rovers fan thats wanting the best for the club and to see us succeed.

I think it's a time for people to feel...however they feel about the appointment. I'm sure the poster you were talking to is absolutely also a Rovers fan that's wanting the best for the club and to see us succeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

surely it`s up to jdt to tell broughton about any players he wants,then it`s up to him to bring them in,disfunctional in the extreme for broughton to start buying players without consulting the manager🤔

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

surely it`s up to jdt to tell broughton about any players he wants,then it`s up to him to bring them in,disfunctional in the extreme for broughton to start buying players without consulting the manager🤔

It is rovers. If there’s a stupid way of doing things they’ll do it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think it's a time for people to feel...however they feel about the appointment. I'm sure the poster you were talking to is absolutely also a Rovers fan that's wanting the best for the club and to see us succeed.

Apologies, for some reason it hasn't quoted the original post 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm sure transfers are a group effort - they're not just going to lump him with players. That's how Man Utd work and it's a clown show. 

They'll scout players and bring a list of them to him - then they'll collaborate to bring in the right ones. 

Hopefully, yes, but strictly speaking it’s Broughton’s responsibility as DOF, not Tomasson’s as head coach.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

JDT isn’t the manager, that’s the whole point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So now all they need to do is announce a proper Season Ticket deal for Rovers fans and we are all in. 

What's wrong with the current one exactly? Seeing lots of moans, is everyone just being tight due to the cost of living crisis, energy costs, petrol rises etc... 

35 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He’s no mug by any means, and qualified then most

Dont be fooled by what appears to be inexperience

I think he’l be reet!

• Like 1