BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

19 minutes ago, Tricky said:

What's wrong with the current one exactly? Seeing lots of moans, is everyone just being tight due to the cost of living crisis, energy costs, petrol rises etc... 

What’s wrong with £429- £529? When neighbouring clubs are literally hundreds of pounds cheaper?

Yeah, ‘tight’ Blackburners are the issue, obviously!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, pomster said:

He’s no mug by any means, and qualified then most

Dont be fooled by what appears to be inexperience

I think he’l be reet!

Broughton was clear in an interview in what his role. He'll basicly by coordinating the efforts between the different functions Academy, scouting, first team etc.  Expect the scouting department to analyze players and bring the so called A, B, C list of targets to him and JDT. There should be possible targets as the scouting has been done since Park arrived last season.

Would handle negotations, contract etc. Previously I think Venus handled that, so don't think we're much worse in that department.

Would also expect Broughton to make sure the scouting department is running well, which might need more people with Park reported leaving at the end of the month. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, pomster said:

You being serious?

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s wrong with £429- £529? When neighbouring clubs are literally hundreds of pounds cheaper?

Are we choosing to ignore when they couldn't sell a thing? They were always going to need to recover losses from the pandemic season

Good luck JDT. The first Rovers manager in history to be born after me. 

Reading up on his style of play, I'm not sure Dack will find it easy to be a regular. This is the only Venkys appointment with any real thought and structure behind it other than the Lambert one. 

I'm actually excited for next season now for the first time in years!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Are we choosing to ignore when they couldn't sell a thing? They were always going to need to recover losses from the pandemic season

They transferred the training ground then sold Adam Armstrong so the books could balance.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, deanives said:

Completely agree with that we have to acknowledge both but the day we employ a young head coach who seems enthusiastic isn't a time to be negative. Not when for the last month we all thought we'd end up with a has been AGAIN or someone with zero experience. I think we was all gutted when we didn't get Carvahal or Farke, but atleast we've got a change from the norm and something we can hopefully look forward to. It may not work out, as all employments are a gamble. 

And I don't claim to be or am not a super fan, just a rovers fan thats wanting the best for the club and to see us succeed.

8 hours ago, deanives said:

He may not have the English experience but his experienced assistant was at sheff weds for 2 years.

I think you have to look at the positives rather than the negatives. 

Why can't we express the negatives when the appointment is made? I'm really not following this at all!

Of course I want him to do well, and I'm really pleased it's not TM in the driver's seat and it's not a terrible appointment. But it doesn't make it a choice without issues and think it's fair to share these when analysing the new appointment. 

And if we should be deliriously happy Venkys haven't appointed an absolute stinker- that in itself shows what a dark place the club is in and how low our standards have fallen. To just be pleased it's not a total arse up. Goodness, this lot - Venkys to be clear - need to go and soon. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Nope, just good timing….

Off your game tonight.... yes it's very much automated.... any political party mentioned causes a post to self destruct....so don't waste time writing them. 

Open goal and you Robertsed it. 🤦‍♂️

JDT will have his say on transfers, and together with Broughton they will figure out which areas to address. How they want the team to play, and what kind of key attributes is needed for that particular brand of football. Then Broughton will introduce a different model to before when trying to sign players based on the likes of Liverpool (who he’s a known fan of), Brentford and Glimt. I’m curious to see if we’ll see some changes pretty soon in the scouting department, but hopefully JDT and Broughton will already have some suggestions in different scenarios - mainly if BBD stays or goes. There’s also a drawn up list from the previous management that I’m sure they’ll have a look at. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Just in case anyone is unfamiliar- you can slag off political parties you don’t like on here to your hearts content, just not in the football section.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Good luck JDT. The first Rovers manager in history to be born after me. 

Reading up on his style of play, I'm not sure Dack will find it easy to be a regular. This is the only Venkys appointment with any real thought and structure behind it other than the Lambert one. 

I'm actually excited for next season now for the first time in years!

That tactics report thing reckoned he does like 4411 as well as a 442, so Dack in the hole seems a pretty obvious move.

4411 with who is likely to be here next year (obviously squad is totally threadbare so there will be quite a few coming in - I hope - but may as well work with what we have) :

.                      Kaminski

Brown.     Ayala.    Wharton.    Pickering

Dolan.    Buckley.   Travis.    Hedges 

.                           Dack

Gallagher

It's not a terrible first XI. Reckon we need someone more experienced than Brown at RB, more pace in the back line and obviously need a big upgrade on Gallagher. Don't think Tomasson is going to accept him leading the line tbh, I'd say he's more at risk than Dack is.

On top of that a big area of focus will be how to maximise what we get out of Dolan and Hedges. Both talented, but not really delivering to the level their quality suggests is possible.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Why can't we express the negatives when the appointment is made? I'm really not following this at all!

Of course I want him to do well, and I'm really pleased it's not TM in the driver's seat and it's not a terrible appointment. But it doesn't make it a choice without issues and think it's fair to share these when analysing the new appointment. 

And if we should be deliriously happy Venkys haven't appointed an absolute stinker- that in itself shows what a dark place the club is in and how low our standards have fallen. To just be pleased it's not a total arse up. Goodness, this lot - Venkys to be clear - need to go and soon. 

I have an opinion that Mowbray dumbed down the fan base so much, was so dour and downbeat that we now dont know a good thing when we see it,  JDT has won more than Mowbray could ever dream of, oh and as for managerial experience have we forgotten the derby debacle, that was fantastic management from Mowbray/Venus false 9 bollocks. 

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There's not many millionaires in Blackburn, I pay for a ticket on match day because I couldn't afford a season ticket.It worked out last season, I only missed 2 home games last season.I can save a bit of money over the fortnight till the next home game. I am looking forward to next season with Tomasson in charge, he's a decent track record as player and manager.

• Like 2