BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

32 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That tactics report thing reckoned he does like 4411 as well as a 442, so Dack in the hole seems a pretty obvious move.

4411 with who is likely to be here next year (obviously squad is totally threadbare so there will be quite a few coming in - I hope - but may as well work with what we have) :

.                      Kaminski

Brown.     Ayala.    Wharton.    Pickering

Dolan.    Buckley.   Travis.    Hedges 

.                           Dack

Gallagher

Need alternatives for Brown, Ayala and Pickering in defence. 

Dolan, Hedges in midfield.

And Gallagher upfront. As well as another striker for 442.

• Like 1

Hopefully he is not hindered too much by the oxygen theives that occupy the top positions at this club. 

It's a reasonably exciting appointment and is the first time under this ownership that we have appointed a manager that understands the concept of winning a football match.

Would be nice to see a 442 again instead of that false 9 bollocks. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Hopefully he is not hindered too much by the oxygen theives that occupy the top positions at this club. 

It's a reasonably exciting appointment and is the first time under this ownership that we have appointed a manager that understands the concept of winning a football match.

Would be nice to see a 442 again instead of that false 9 bollocks. 

I agree with 4-4-2, an attacking formation wins matches. You don't see the likes of Liverpool and Man City playing defensive formations, and they win Trophies.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

What about BBD, he might decide to stay with the new manager in place. He's premier class on his day.

Then that’s a different story but I can’t see them not cashing in while they can.

And we still need another striker whether he’s with us or not.

Didn't want to piss on people's parade since this was announced but not sure about this at all. Just a hunch and maybe the current squad situation combined but I think JDT has his work cut out for him and not sure if he has the nous and experience to handle rovers right now.

I fear a disaster.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Didn't want to piss on people's parade since this was announced but not sure about this at all. Just a hunch and maybe the current squad situation combined but I think JDT has his work cut out for him and not sure if he has the nous and experience to handle rovers right now.

I fear a disaster.

Me too. This isn't really based on JDTs managerial skills or acumen. I am more worried about the state of the squad, what (if anything) is being made available budget wise and the capabilities of those running recruitment.

There's a lot to do, not a lot of time and I anticipate not a lot of budget. You've got to be clued up, quick, decisive and have some cash to build a competitive squad and in a short timescale.

The kids are only going to get us so far - as much as they can try to avoid it there is a need to go out into a tough competitive market and get signings done. If we fail to do this, or delay, we aren't going to be left with much.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I fear a disaster

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's a lot to do, not a lot of time and I anticipate not a lot of budget. You've got to be clued up, quick, decisive and have some cash to build a competitive squad and in a short timescale.

18 minutes ago, goozburger said:

It might not work out. He is a bit green. He's got a big job on his hands

27zv.gif.cda25b2b6e81eeae92bd6393a6a8e3bb.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I fear a disaster.

The manager hasn’t been born that could make a success story out of Rovers as long we have these owners. I just hope JDT doesn’t get the Lambert treatment off them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The manager hasn’t been born that could make a success story out of Rovers as long we have these owners. I just hope JDT doesn’t get the Lambert treatment off them.

Roger that. 

Seems like a capable fella and a straight dealer. Makes you wonder what porkies he got told to get him to sign on. 

In any case, whether he's good bad or indifferent, we'll find out in the fullness of time

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He will have gone into the situation with eyes wide open, and a modicum of experience of these things, albeit not necessarily at the level of abject numptiness that our absentee owners have imposed on the club.

We can only hope that there is enough left in the tank to create some kind of momentum before the euphoria and expectation wears off. If so, I believe JDT and his team have the credentials to do something worthwhile with the opportunity at Rovers. I'll certainly be giving them my full support on and off the field, for what that is worth. 

According to an ex director of ours at the time Lambert was told he'd get the Rhodes money plus another big lump on top.

He got Rhodes wages which were already budgeted for and nothing else. Hence him activating his release button.

I doubt JDT has been made such bold promises but i suspect it might well all hinge on BBD. If he gets sold for big money and nothing is given back for reinvesting i can't see him being very pleased.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

That tactics report thing reckoned he does like 4411 as well as a 442, so Dack in the hole seems a pretty obvious move.

4411 with who is likely to be here next year (obviously squad is totally threadbare so there will be quite a few coming in - I hope - but may as well work with what we have) :

.                      Kaminski

Brown.     Ayala.    Wharton.    Pickering

Dolan.    Buckley.   Travis.    Hedges 

.                           Dack

Gallagher

It's not a terrible first XI. Reckon we need someone more experienced than Brown at RB, more pace in the back line and obviously need a big upgrade on Gallagher. Don't think Tomasson is going to accept him leading the line tbh, I'd say he's more at risk than Dack is.

On top of that a big area of focus will be how to maximise what we get out of Dolan and Hedges. Both talented, but not really delivering to the level their quality suggests is possible.

I know it's another youngster, but wasn't the new lad Walker, rated higher than Dolan, when they were together at the Nobbers ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

According to an ex director of ours at the time Lambert was told he'd get the Rhodes money plus another big lump on top.

He got Rhodes wages which were already budgeted for and nothing else. Hence him activating his release button.

I doubt JDT has been made such bold promises but i suspect it might well all hinge on BBD. If he gets sold for big money and nothing is given back for reinvesting i can't see him being very pleased.

And caused the resignation of Alan Myers who was embarrassed by the u-turn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They used Lambert in my opinion. He got all the grief for the Rhodes transfer and they keep their hands clean. Duplicitous snakes. If they told me today was Wednesday I’d have to look in the paper.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Lambert was/is as dour and lacking in imagination as Mowbray. Yes there has been a multitude of other cock ups too but hopefully lessons have been learned and we move on!

Alan Myers was just another on the gravy train, following a host of others.

It would appear the owners have wised up at long last!