BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I was very pleased to wake up here in Texas, and read the news… I am glad for the club, the players, and our fans who have loved it so long. I pray the next chapter is not only a winning one, but we can see “sustainable” progress. 

This is exciting, and I only hope this appointment goes a long way towards getting back some of our fans who had given up after a decade of Venky’s, to now see old dogs sometimes learn new tricks. 

I am glad you’re here, and that you all want to be here, Gregg Broughton, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Ben Rosen, & Remy Reijnierse! 

• Like 7

Well it is the start of what some call of a new era for others it is just the same old situation with Venky's. 

On the surface he ticks the box as to what Rovers are seemingly looking. A coach who is driven and who loves to develop players while staying out of the day to day management stuff like transfers. I think this is the first time since Venky's time in charge that somewhat of a structure has been put in place. 

Personally, I think it is an exciting time management apart but for the squad as we are losing some familiar loved faces who will need to be replaced with new ones. Carter seems like a natural candidate to move to the first time, and Nyambe could still stay. Captain should be Travis over anyone else. Do we need additional bodies yes, but i think it is time to cash in on Brereton (Should he not want a new contract), and Ayala. I would also sell off Butterworth, Magloire.

To do list? Honestly i don't see Rothwell too much of a lost as i would take Dack any day of the week over him. Dack's body just needs to hold out now, if it does then we have a cracking player back. Outside of that I think we do need two strikers and two CB potentially a RB is Nyambe leaves but Brown does not look too shabby! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

My first thoughts are meh. 

I think JDT benefits from the same things TM did - not being the previous incumbent and being an actual manager. That created a lot of optimism for TM, and I think likewise for JDT. Not being Mr Death Spiral nor one of the dollopers mentioned as a candidate shines a significantly positive light on JDT. Perhaps more than Is warranted. 

There are positives, he's won a few things as a manager, and the director and head coach set up isn't something we have tried before. And hey, it is so, so good to try something a bit different and innovative. 

Negatives for every foreign manager who succeeds there's one who fails (thinking the Leeds Danish manager as the first who comes to mind) and the guy doesn't have a huge track record of success. The lack of English Championship experience, especially as a manager is also a big worry. 

I think had it not been such a laborious process and this was plan A, I'd be a tad more.optimistic. But it's clear we have been stumbling around in the dark a bit and landed on this, which doesn't inspire confidence. 

So overall meh. Could have been much much worse and not a bad appointment but I'm not too confident either. 

One last thing - whilst it is more by dint of not being TM, welcome JDT. Delighted the lying, incompetent has gone and I can at least have a shade of optimism.and enthusiasm at games going forward. 

None of the 4 managers taken on by Champ teams this summer so far have experience of the league. Not the be all and end all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

My first thoughts are meh. 

I think JDT benefits from the same things TM did - not being the previous incumbent and being an actual manager. That created a lot of optimism for TM, and I think likewise for JDT. Not being Mr Death Spiral nor one of the dollopers mentioned as a candidate shines a significantly positive light on JDT. Perhaps more than Is warranted. 

There are positives, he's won a few things as a manager, and the director and head coach set up isn't something we have tried before. And hey, it is so, so good to try something a bit different and innovative. 

Negatives for every foreign manager who succeeds there's one who fails (thinking the Leeds Danish manager as the first who comes to mind) and the guy doesn't have a huge track record of success. The lack of English Championship experience, especially as a manager is also a big worry. 

I think had it not been such a laborious process and this was plan A, I'd be a tad more.optimistic. But it's clear we have been stumbling around in the dark a bit and landed on this, which doesn't inspire confidence. 

So overall meh. Could have been much much worse and not a bad appointment but I'm not too confident either. 

One last thing - whilst it is more by dint of not being TM, welcome JDT. Delighted the lying, incompetent has gone and I can at least have a shade of optimism.and enthusiasm at games going forward. 

He may not have the English experience but his experienced assistant was at sheff weds for 2 years.

I think you have to look at the positives rather than the negatives. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

That tactical analysis of JDT teams is vague and short on detail to say the least!  ''He plays 4-4-2 and favours devastating attacks''. 

Hopefully that means we're going to be signing some strikers 🙏

Unsure what to make of this appointment. Firstly, 100% behind him and wishing him well as is everyone which goes without saying.

My hope was an experienced, proven manager at this level (Dyche, Farke, Carvalhal, Jokanovic, Wagner) at the start of this process so there is no point pretending that I didnt want that. 

Equally, the fear is always either a total novice (Carrick, Ferguson etc) or a journeyman with a worrying CV (Grayson, Pardew, Adkins) could have been appointed, that shouldnt be the benchmark but I am relieved that we didnt go down that route. We could have also gone for one of Ainsworth and Warne, both of whom I would have had mixed feelings about.

Tomasson has quite a brief and mixed record in lesser countries and is somewhat of an unknown quantity to us in England but his record at Molde seems to give us plenty of reasons for optimism.

The director of football structure has its risks as mentioned but hopefully it will run smoothly.

I also dont feel like the amount of insults thrown Mowbray's way within 7 pages specifically about Tomasson is at all necessary. I am right behind letting Mowbray go who was a safe pair of hands and rolling the dice. The aim this season to be judged on should be to improve on last seasons 8th placed finish. The budget is of course critical.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Mowbray was shite and should have been sacked 2 years ago.

He antagonised the fans and constantly talked the club down, that's why people have "insulted" him...

Amen. 

Deserved all he got in the end. Alienated the fans on more than one occasion.

The jealousy of PNE and Burnley fans is creeping out.

I saw one post of a Burnley fan claiming JDT hasn't managed in England before. Two hours after Kompany was announced for them 🙄

PNE fans posting, who is he? PNE managers greatest footballing accomplishment?

L1 runner up 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, booth said:

I saw one post of a Burnley fan claiming JDT hasn't managed in England before. Two hours after Kompany was announced for them 🙄

L1 runner up 🤣 🤣 🤣

Cameron Archer on loan just to annoy them even more.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, booth said:

L1 runner up 🤣 🤣 🤣

Dingles saying the same thing. 

"Don't even know who that guy is?"

"Everyone knows Kompany, had to Google your bloke"

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Good! Means there's way more pressure and scrutiny on their guy. Right from the off. 

Under the radar suits me fine. 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Mowbray was shite and should have been sacked 2 years ago.

He antagonised the fans and constantly talked the club down, that's why people have "insulted" him...

I'll call your two and raise it to three and a half. But otherwise - absolutely.

I keep thinking back to him substituting Nyambe, putting Sam Gallagher on at RB, and then hooking him as well after 10 mins. He can only have been trying to get himself sacked.

Also left us a foundation my arse, we probably need to replace six first team players, possibly seven if Brereton goes.

Anyhow enough of Mowbray despite Roverfan99's rather odd efforts to defend him at every opportunity.

JDT..........

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, booth said:

L1 runner up 🤣 🤣 🤣

I can't even remember who PNE are managed by since Neil left.

Although you wouldn't expect them to say any different to be fair.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Shows their lack of football knowledge. A very good European striker in his day, yet they've never heard of him. Says a lot.

This isn't a rose tinted reply to them, but I genuinely think Kompany is going to flop at Burnley. He isn't all that, imo, and will get found out as a manager. I think we've got the better deal, but time will tell I suppose.

I already can't wait for those two games against them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CD_93 said:

I know you probably didn't mean it as such, but "true colours" is harsh - he has been committed to Blackburn Rovers for 11 years.

I know he's been a decent player for Rovers, but we need players that are committed to Blackburn Rovers next season. I am not sure if he's gone yet ore still waiting.I would be happy if he changed his mind with the new manager in place.

• Like 2