BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

33 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Pleased he’s been able to bring in two of his own staff. Think that will be an important factor over the season. 

Genuinely excited about the appointment.

I think it's important he's coming with a couple of his people as opposed to just an assistant. Sometimes numbers matter and it could have been slightly isolating and divisive had JDT's team been outnumbered by the current bunch. 

Damien Johnson always strikes me as somebody who is very forward thinking, uses a lot of tech in his role. I always found it strange Ben Benson was out on the touchline far more than DJ. I've felt for a while he's been an underused asset that will hopefully have a boss who is far more aligned to his way of working. 

51 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Day Iv been waiting for , for many years , waking up to news that our team isn’t being led by mowbray. Can tell a lot of fans feel the same by being excited and refreshed by the appointment . Here’s to the new era 

Drink it in mate...drink it in!

Young and positive,a will to win,new training methods and ideas....Enthused.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

Happy they finally announced it. Wasn't first choice, neither was Broughton, but a lot more creative than what we have seen in the past. Will be interesting to see how the new model works, and Mr. Gregg has to pull a few rabbits out of his hat from day one.

A bit of playing down expectations from JDT as well from the get-go:

“We have a young team here, and also a great Academy, and the Owners have a clear vision, which is to develop players and become a sustainable Premier League club over time, so I’m really happy to be involved in this exciting new chapter for the club."

43 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That he's brought his own support is very good. Hopefully they have a plan mapped out and can start implementing straight away.

If JDT is happy for Broughton to handle recruitment it will mean they can just focus on working with the existing team.

That's really the bit I don't quite get. Surely JDT will have a clear view of the sorts of player he wants. Maybe he gives a list of types of players wants and Broughton is tasked to find them and sign them?

Will be interesting to see how it works.

I also note that one of JDTs men is Performance Director and another head coach which to my mind further questions what DJs role will be? Will be a shame to lose him but looks like its on the cards. Wonder where Park fits in too.

Screenshot_20220614-113013.jpg

Park is going at the end of this month

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Dack/Dolan supporting BBD, or Galagher once the former leaves

then we just sign Wilcox and Ripley up

That's the only place Dack could probably play but he isn't going to be chasing down players to same level as Dolan. 

Gallagher isn't exactly mobile either tbh.

Really pleased  with this appointment…..he has lots to do and I’m not expecting miracles, I’m just looking forward to hearing positivity, aspiration and optimism before kick off….instead of being told “ It’s not 1995..and Wigan is a big club”

I enjoyed my days at Stanley last season , made to feel welcome ..but it’s not my club. Now Mowbray has gone I look forward to climbing the steps to the Jack Walker Upper …welcome JDT !

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

4-4-2 With the attackers chasing down the ball.

Where/how is he going to fit Dack into that?

Dack would be one of the two strikers....he cant run in a midfeld but the guy knows where the back of the net is. 

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuttall is lost said:

That tactical analysis of JDT teams is vague and short on detail to say the least!  ''He plays 4-4-2 and favours devastating attacks''. 

Long time since we've played a proper 442. Probably the only time in the last 15 years is when we had Gestede and Rhodes I think? Maybe memory playing tricks on me but can't think of another front two pairing?

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Long time since we've played a proper 442. Probably the only time in the last 15 years is when we had Gestede and Rhodes I think? Maybe memory playing tricks on me but can't think of another front two pairing?

Its certainly a formation that has been confined to the history books.  Leicester played it in 2016 under Ranieiri.  Not many play it anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deanives said:

Welcome JDT! Exciting appointment and excellent that he's brought what seems like an experienced assistant with him where he had success at Malmo with him.

The 3 year cycle of FFP should of restarted this year? So hopefully funds available to him to build.

If the Venkys want a successful club, they need to put money in the transfer kitty. We need replacements for Lenihan, Rothwell and maybe Nyambe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Could Darragh Lenihan yet stay with this new appointment or is he off to Boro?

He's showed his true colours, let's replace him with a decent Rovers player wearing the captains armband who's commited to Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

That's the only place Dack could probably play but he isn't going to be chasing down players to same level as Dolan. 

Gallagher isn't exactly mobile either tbh.

Gallagher isn't mobile?

Are you kidding me?

To use an americanism, he's a "first guy off the bus" athlete. (ie you send your most impressive athletes first off the bus to intimidate the opposition when you arrive at their ground).

A guy that walks onto the training pitch and has the coaches sit up and take notice... until he tries to trap a ball.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Reminds me of David Dein going into the Arsenal dressing room in 1996 and announcing ''Lads, your new manager is Arsene Wenger'' to which Ray Parlour replied ''Who the fuck is that!?''

If he does half the job Arsene did for a few seasons i’d be more than happy

Edited by pomster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I love his initial comments, such a refreshing change from Mowbray's BS. None of this 'it's not 1995' or 'The SAS aren't here anymore'.

It's much more 'Rovers are a big club and we can go places'

Christ, absolutely how it should be. I can't believe what we've been forced to read/ listen to in the past. The dumbing down of expectations at a famous football club. It's incredible really!!!

It looks like we might finally have a bit of personality and excitement now.

• Like 4