BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

In truth Andy I haven't seen too much quality from Brittain at all. Defensively he has been found wanting and as you rightly point out his self inflicted injury was entirely down to him not fancying a 50/50 ball. Is he an upgrade on Nyambe? The jury is still out for me. 

Could not agree more with this. I’m clinging on to a bit of hope that we might see more of him in an attacking sense as the season goes on, but while it looks like he can put a good cross in there is rarely anyone to cross to.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, frosty said:

That forum is such a good read after they lose, and that's after winning three of their last four before last night. If they ever go on a run of 2 wins in 17 it'd be amazing. 

The trigger would be pulled, waaaaaaaay before that was allowed to happen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Tomasson when he took over 'We're going to play fast attacking football. We want to win but we also want to entertain the fans"

The reality:

We've had the 2nd fewest shots per game in the league (only Rotherham have had fewer)

We've had the fewest shot per game inside the 6 yard box in the whole league. 

We have not seen what he said he wanted to play like.  Hard to close down quickly up front when the whole team is camped in our own third of the pitch 

I certainly think that it is a big call to suggest that Brittain is one of the best right backs in the league, Burnley alone have 2 or even 3 if you count Lowton who are better. 

I don't think that Nyambe left a huge hole in that he was nothing special himself, and Brittain is possibly on par when fit, but definite scope for improvement.

It is is not looking like a particularly good window, I don't think we have improved the playing squad nor added value from potential sales in the future.

The less said about Saturday the better!

One thing that irritates me though is how JDT was adament he wanted the world cup break to instill the style and tactics into the players like a fresh team would burst out post the break.

I realise its only one game but that was as bad if not worse than all the other games we have lost this season. A fair few of the ones we have won have also been just as bad but we got away with it.

Optimism waning big style, as others have said same old mistakes rolled out every week and he doesnt address it on the field or in his interviews. No way we have performed well enough to be in the playoffs and pretty sure will be found out to the bottom half over the remaining 20 or so games without major changes.

19 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Wilder's comments only heighten my anxiety.  

What were these ??

"I think 4-1 was flattering for Blackburn, if I am honest. Preston were so dominant against the team that had the best home record in the division and they smashed them.

"I think fans should be concerned, worried is too strong but it's three defeats in four. They were turned over at Burnley and then turned over in the first game back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"I think 4-1 was flattering for Blackburn, if I am honest. Preston were so dominant against the team that had the best home record in the division and they smashed them.

"I think fans should be concerned, worried is too strong but it's three defeats in four. They were turned over at Burnley and then turned over in the first game back.

And he's spot on.

• Like 2

It's an odd one. You don't get 3rd after 20+ games by fluke. That just doesn't happen. And even if it's a false position/fortuitous it won't be wildly inaccurate, we'd probably be looking top 6 or 8. 

That said the amount of wallopings we have had isn't a fluke either. That's not a bad day at the office, that's a repeated pattern of woeful performances. That cannot be ignored either. 

So where does that leave us? A bit like concentrated Mowbray imo, we've gone from inconsistent WDL to more WLWL. Same stubbornness as well, albeit to play a certain style of suicidal football as oppose to the tombola and players out of position. Without the league 1 promotion and with the defeats being bigger it seems to put this in a more painful light. 

My big worries are that it's more likely the fine margins of the wins leave before the hammerings change to draws (or even wins). Add in any team can get a fluke goal and we haven't come back from going behind once and I feel if the margins are to swing, they are going to swing negatively for us. Factor in as well the squad is still worryingly thin and over reliant on youth and you feel the wheels could come off very quickly. Time will tell and 3rd earns JDT enough time to rectify things but I feel we may be seeing a repeat of TMs possession football season, only this time with a much weaker squad. Like last time it'll probably end with mid table and regrets over what might have been. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Right on the money ...

i personally think jdt is an idiot and a fantastist,the way we are playing is letting goals in and creating nothing at the other end,mowbray was a right pillock sometimes but he was a realist and certainly not an idiot,if the not so great dane is`nt for changing then were are in serious trouble,just cut out the stupid playing football in your own penalty area,is`nt that the first thing you learn as a kid,don`t play around in your own box???

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Based on the above there seem now to be several different types of supporter :

"Mowbrayites" who want JDT out

"Mowbrayites" who don't want JDT out

"Anti-Mowbrayites" who want JDT out

"Anti-Mowbrayites" who don't want JDT out

A few others who are none too sure

Perhaps we will all have to declare what we are.

I'm a "had enough of yet another season of failure under Venkys"

• Like 2

On 13/12/2022 at 09:25, Mashed Potatoes said:

Based on the above there seem now to be several different types of supporter :

"Mowbrayites" who want JDT out

"Mowbrayites" who don't want JDT out

"Anti-Mowbrayites" who want JDT out

"Anti-Mowbrayites" who don't want JDT out

A few others who are none too sure

Perhaps we will all have to declare what we are.

I’m going to assume the above is sarcasm, otherwise I don’t know what to make of it.

We are simply Blackburn Rovers supporters who want the best for our club, which is winning games and at least putting up a fight in those we don’t win.

No more, no less. It’s not complicated really.

• Like 8

I know a lot of the Mowbray come back talk is very much tounge in cheek but I do get frustrated when people judge JDT against TM. 

TM bloody frustrating, stubborn in his approach and had to go.

Unfortunately, we plumped for JDT who is bloody frustrating and stubborn in his approach. He is not an upgrade in my opinion but that is not giving any credit to TM. There were and are other managers available. I'd like a more pragmatic approach. 

Edited by speedies gonna get ya.

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

JDT was a breath of fresh air when he first came in which was a shot in the arm the club needed.

He is in danger of disappearing down his own self dug rabbit hole now though so needs a step back. Look at what works and what doesn't rather trying to persist with something until it works.

In a nutshell.

Not a fan of Mogga but he was pragmatic enough to change tactics when he could no longer justify what he was doing (after the Oldham game in L1, and Fulham in Championship spring to mind). JDT seems to be single-minded enough not to care, and will just carry on regardless. It will be interesting to see if he's happy to continue blaming the players or if he will eventually change his approach. Something will have to give if the team keep capitulating...

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Not a fan of Mogga but he was pragmatic enough to change tactics when he could no longer justify what he was doing (after the Oldham game in L1, and Fulham in Championship spring to mind). JDT seems to be single-minded enough not to care, and will just carry on regardless. It will be interesting to see if he's happy to continue blaming the players or if he will eventually change his approach. Something will have to give if the team keep capitulating...

He was a stubborn old goat who neglected the defence, favoured possession over 3 points, kept playing strikers on the wing, midfielders up front, and kept signing them to do so too. That stubborn that he threw away a fantastic opportunity for promotion because of his documented belief that we don't play with centre forwards, and that Ben Brereton would continue to stay fit and score in the second half of the season. Even though he knew he was due international duty and someone needed to fill his shoes.

I can say that confidently, from five years of watching his teams continually fail, he was as pragmatic as a pair of glass socks.

Even though I'm disappointed with JDT he's got a long way to go before we can label him as stubborn, foolish and illogical as Tony Mowbray.

• Like 2