BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

17 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

The english football season is not even technically over yet, I cant imagine many signings of any kind have been made yet

I'm hoping we are fairly well down the road with signings....gives us chance to get the paperwork submitted before the deadline in September 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm hoping we are fairly well down the road with signings....gives us chance to get the paperwork submitted before the deadline in September 😂

After January, Greg will be hungry for redemption.

With that in mind - I feel like he'll be working hard to get 1 or 2 signings done and dusted, ready to be announced as soon as the window opens.

Edited by TheRevAshton

5 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Glad to see Slot is staying put, and not ruining his career by going to Spuds. Just need PSV to get someone else in.

Alan Brazil reckons Arne Slot should be working in Vegas..

• Like 1

The Feyenoord situation doesn't mean we can breathe easy.

There are rumours of interest from clubs whose seasons aren't even decided. I'm not convinced that Tomasson is actively looking to leave, but every manager or head coach will always be open to bigger opportunities. If well-resourced clubs like Leicester City and Leeds United knock on the door, he'd likely be off.

The worst case scenario is that we will be compensated (hopefully handsomely), and we'd pick someone of a similar ilk.

I'd prefer Tomasson to stay. The football hasn't been perfect, has it? Yet, we finished 7th, which is far higher than I thought we'd be, and unlike the Mowbray years, I can at least see how we're trying to play - the sign of a decisive Head Coach. I also think the players have got used to it all, and we just need to add some of the right types to make it work better.

Overall, I think Rovers have some cards to play with, here, which is something we haven't been able to say too often over the last decade.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He actually did quite a terrible job at managing the development of the stadium.........

The ideas and the future opportunities are excellent; the actual construction and handling of that was such a disaster it is becoming one of those "how not to" lessons within the industry

More specifically around the local area, which I live on the edge of. It’s been a bit controversial among some, but it’ll ultimately end up improving things in the long run. It’s an area that’s needed it and when you see the scale of events they’re able to put on (concerts and NFL things) I think it’s already been a huge success.

He probably did make a bad call around construction, which I don’t know too much about, but if that’s a bad call in appointing someone to oversee it, that’s happens, I guess? I know I’ve picked the wrong agency before.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Window opens officially on 14 June.

Until then its all behind curtains...

Got to be careful with the use of ellipses on here. People see them and think you’re hinting something. There’ll be fans out there googling football player names related to curtains.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Who said this? 😂

I'm struggling to imagine how the wife of a multi-millionaire footballing legend, aspires to ask Lancastrians if they want any fish 😂

Surely she'll employ someone?

5 hours ago, goozburger said:

Before Kaminski signed, there was a recent video of him mis-kicking a ball and it ending up in the back of the net. That was a right clanger, but it doesn't seem to stick like shit to a blanket in the same way that Pears' Wigan mistake does (is that two years ago or something, now?).

I think Pears has shown that he's a solid pair of hands for us. Spectacular? No. Capable and improving? Yes.

Overall, I don't mind either of them, but I don't see much balance when people talk about Pears on here. He's made mistakes, as has Kaminski, but he seems to be improving with time. Is Kaminski improving? I'm not so sure.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

mrs jdt is opening a cake shop is`nt she??

So a chikary? Half chippie, half bakery? Cool 😎

I wonder if she has nice iced buns?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I reckon he could end up at Spurs, considering everyone else is turning them down.

What?

On balance I'd rather he stayed and had another crack at it but how does missing out on the Championship play offs qualify him for managing ANY Premier League side let alone one with Champions League expectations like Spurs?

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What?

On balance I'd rather he stayed and had another crack at it but how does missing out on the Championship play offs qualify him for managing ANY Premier League side let alone one with Champions League expectations like Spurs?

He was on about Rodgers 

2 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Got to be careful with the use of ellipses on here. People see them and think you’re hinting something. There’ll be fans out there googling football player names related to curtains.

They need to pull themselves together.

• Like 4

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What?

I was talking about Rodgers.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Still got the potential problem of Leeds and Leicester looking for new managers, especially if relegated.

I hope that the India trip happens and he can convince Venkys to spend.

We didn't make the Playoffs, I don't get all this JDT ...

He might well , want to leave and who can blame him ,after the January fiasco.!!

The next top 4 super boss , he certainly isn't !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

We didn't make the Playoffs, I don't get all this JDT ...

He might well , want to leave and who can blame him ,after the January fiasco.!!

The next top 4 super boss , he certainly isn't !

He's better than anything we've had under Venkys and I reckon we'd struggle to get better if he left.

Of course you're right, nobody could really blame him for wanting out after an utterly disgraceful January transfer window that still hasn't been explained and as yet still no heads have rolled. 

• Like 2