BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

9 hours ago, KentExile said:

Where has that twitter account got those figures from?

The latest available accounts don't show that, and that then begs the question of how would someone know? 

I can appreciate that if someone worked for one of the clubs (or accountancy firms that works for one of the clubs) then they could conceivably have access to that one clubs financial details, but that doesn't explain how they would have any clue about the other 23 teams

Yeah I agree

I call BS. Twitter click bait 

• Like 1

JDT deserves all the smiles and delight he so obviously got from yesterday's performance. 

He picked a team for the Girona friendly which played really well and with the exception of the forced keeper change the same eleven played beautiful football and gave their all against West Brom.

Subs timing and selection worked perfectly too showing how his whole squad training approach is paying off.

A personal and well deserved triumph for JDT as well as the boys.

• Like 8

I'd heard whispers that he was in negotiations for a new contract a few weeks ago (when the red tops were saying that he was on the verge of walking).

Imagine if there was a situation where we announced a new signing or two - and then chucked this in at the same time (if it happens).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

One thing I picked up on from JDT's post match comments v WBA was when he was asked about the increased added time. So many other managers & players in the game have criticised it as putting more pressure on the players. I heard the vice chairman (or similar) of the PFA slagging it off on the radio this morning as adding to the burden off too much football for players. But not JDT. 

"Brilliant, we should've done it years ago!" said Tomasson. "It has been terrible for years. We have been killing our product. Of course, fans play a hell of a lot of money so we need to give them something back. That means the ball has to be in play more, so I am really really happy with those decisions. I think it is the right way to go." (From Lancs live)

He clearly gets that football is for the fans, it's about entertainment, the beauty of the game, it's aesthetics & competitiveness. We really need to push the boat out to keep him happy, he is an overwhelmingly positive individual & that seems to be rubbing off on the players.

It's certainly rubbing off on me!!

I like way he makes the players work hard. He spoke about it in the interview, spoke about football being the best job in the world, so why wouldn’t you work hard. 

As I’ve said before; breath of fresh air after the previous guy. I really hope he stays around to finish his project, it’ll be a sad day when he leaves. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t end up as the Danish National team manager one day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Statue? 

A few on here wanted a Tombola Tony one! Would have scared the pigeons away at least. 

Who did?

This place was aghast that he even got his own flag (put on a pedestal with Jack Walker of all people!), so I can’t remember the clamour to also build him a statue (well, unless it was tongue firmly in cheek).

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who did?

This place was aghast that he even got his own flag (put on a pedestal with Jack Walker of all people!), so I can’t remember the clamour to also build him a statue (well, unless it was tongue firmly in cheek).

Gav was the poster who championed a statue for Mowbray.

Not sure if he was on the wind up at time or not 

I’m really warming to jdt. An employee of rovers who is ambitious, keeps the fans in the loop and is holding his bosses accountable.

I liked his press conference yesterday. He said I’m “really happy the ceo promised 4 new players.” Keep the pressure on the club. The best bit is swag never said that, he said we’ll try to get 3-4 more players before the window closes. A wishy washy nothing statement that would invariably end with oh well we tried our best but jdt has now turned into a firm promise.

And then when the interviewer said something along the lines of what we’re all thinking - do you actually think it will happen. He said well he promised it. 👊🏻. Then almost the best bit taking the piss out of his bus by saying I’ll drive the bus to pick the new players up myself. 🤣🤣🤣

I can just picture Gregg the egg out for dinner yesterday evening with his mrs and swag in a flap leaving him a million voicemails. 

“Gregg, swag here. I said to the fans we’d try and sign 4 players to keep them off my back now the manager is holding me to it.” 

“Gregg, swag again. What are we going to do. I had no intention of signing more. Bloody jdt and his ambition.”

“Gregg, swag. I’m not sure if you got my messages. Ring me asap.”

“Gregg. Heeeeeelp me.”

• Like 6

On 09/08/2023 at 14:42, islander200 said:

Gav was the poster who championed a statue for Mowbray.

Not sure if he was on the wind up at time or not 

If he got us promoted to Premiership 👍

Let me also add, the same applies to JDT too, because these owners will do everything and anything to stop that happening as we are witnessing again today.

Rinse and repeat.....

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, alexanders said:

After the yesterday post match press conference I am fearing the worst. If we don’t see any signings this week I think JDT might be off.

I can imagine Wolves would be interested after Lopetegui left. 

I thought they had appointed the ex Bournemouth boss.

Edited by Waggy76