BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Why on earth would Tomasson be in charge tomorrow and leave immediately after? Than just isn't going to happen. I think he might well leave soon but under those circumstances, never.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Why on earth would Tomasson be in charge tomorrow and leave immediately after? Than just isn't going to happen. I think he might well leave soon but under those circumstances, never.

I can’t see how this situation can be resolved Arbitro.

Well there's a surprise - we did say as the Mcguire debacle unfolded that anyone with any integrity should walk after this calamitous window. I said just one would be walking and if rumours are to be believed I might be right.

Be the end of the Club if Waggott and Broughton manage to install another "yes man" like Mowbray. The only hope is that we have a coach at all times who challenges the "no pressure on results" mentality and tries to put a bit of pressure on them to achieve.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well there's a surprise - we did say as the Mcguire debacle unfolded that anyone with any integrity should walk after this calamitous window. I said just one would be walking and if rumours are to be believed I might be right.

Be the end of the Club if Waggott and Broughton manage to install another "yes man" like Mowbray. The only hope is that we have a coach at all times who challenges the "no pressure on results" mentality and tries to put a bit of pressure on them to achieve.

You do realise that nobody has yet gone on this famous walk ?

11 minutes ago, den said:

I can’t see how this situation can be resolved Arbitro.

Me neither Den but for the life in me I can't see Tomasson being in charge tomorrow and leaving immediately after. His credibility will be shot to pieces if he has agreed to that. I think he will leave and I really thought it would be today. 

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

If he leaves now, he's lost a lot of respect from me. No matter how hard done by you feel, stick with it until the end of the season, you've just signed your fabled striker and some experience, better than most cash-strapped clubs, you love the fans or so you say - keep us up and walk head held high, then stick the boot into the owners and CEO on the way out, NDA depending.

He's just another moody ex-pro throwing his toys out of the pram. Yeah, we're all fucked off by the Venky's, but do your job for the squad you have. 

If he's upset at Wharton leaving, has he been living under a rock? Maybe the reason why we've been shipping so many goals is we're hedging all our bets on a 19 year old kid who is/was still learning to deal with the physicalities of the league. Poor management for me that. 

Some people think it's great he "tells it like it is" and that he's not afraid to upset the apple cart, I think it creates issues within the squad and is irresponsible - a manager is meant to protect the players, not constantly undermine them. 

I have a soft spot for him as he's brought some identity back to the club, the cup runs, his charisma, and I'd love him in a world of no consequences or reactions to spill the beans, but come on, the man is arrogant, you can see that by the way he refuses to change the way we play even when we're clearly under the cosh and regardless of the opposition. 

A sad day if true all round. 

With all due respect I can't believe the above post.

He told the Club what he wanted in summer didn't get it. Told them what he wanted this window - don't know if he got it or not  but I doubt switching from permanent deals to loan deals only was his idea of a good window.

You keep going on as if he should stay because of the players that have been signed - maybe he doesn't rate any of them - he keeps getting shite like Telalovic and Ennis foisted on him by Broughton  with the incoming this window being questionable at best. Surely you're only going to feel an urge to stay if you've got the players you want.

As for it not being new news about Wharton, I'm pretty sure the January Court hearing being postponed and Wharton possibly being sold in lieu of going back in March is a very new development.

So I would also have the greatest of respect for him if he did walk out or engineer his exit. Its what you would expect from someone with integrity as opposed to chancers like Waggott and Broughton who will obviously cling onto the gravy train until the last possible moment.

• Like 6

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, philipl said:

Not good.

Thanks Rovers for ruining Friday night after having had a very good day.

Rovers have always been heart breakers throughout my life but the last 12 years has been one self inflicted shambles after another.

Of course JDT will not be the easiest person to work with. Driven professionals never are.

But he is a class act in what is sadly a classless club now.

You do wonder why they even bothered giving him the job in the first place. Since day one he's had more ambition and expectation than the owners or indeed the majority of the fanbase can muster. It was never going to work unless, by some miracle, he got us up in his first season. He might have managed it, too, if he'd been backed last January. Instead since then he's been systematically undermined to the point where he would have every right to walk. 

• Like 7

It's a nothing story. Really really poorly managed. Knowing full well the reaction it would have, its baffling the club handled it this way and didn't let people know through official channels that JDT wouldn't be talking. Jackson's wording hasn't helped things either.

No plans on JDT leaving.

• Like 5