BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Just now, jim mk2 said:

If Tomasson does go I hope Broughton goes with him. I don’t like the dual role model and would prefer a traditional manager in charge of player recruitment and the team. Broughton as far as I can see had added little extra value, one or two good ones but plenty of duds too. 

That model doesn't really exist anymore. We'd struggle to find a manager who wants or expects to also be running player recruitment. 

I hope JDT doesn't go as I think there have been enough positives to think that he could be part of a rebuild next season. He also comes across as someone who genuinely cares about his job and delivers a fair amount of honesty in the messages that he sends to supporters. 

That being said, this season has been more negatives than positives. As others mentioned, if we removed that likeability (which isn't really part of the job description) he would be under a lot more pressure. 

10 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

A club doesn't ban their Head Coach from speaking to the media unless that person is on their way out. It will be announced pretty quickly after the game I would imagine.

The defensive record has been shocking and the results have been incredibly poor this season so he's been lucky not to have been potted earlier. Still, I dread to think who we appoint next. They'll be a puppet.

We will see but I'm not convinced he is going 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The results were good till December.

Performances were better than results. 

“Best team we’ve played” wasn’t a lie, we looked unreal in patches.

Couldn’t get enough results over the line (lack of experience?), and fell apart as injuries came in (lack of depth).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In the top 8, 6 wins in 8,then an injury ravaged squad ,tired legs and heads and a lack of backing in the squad hit us 

JDT isn't faultless,some things I disagree with but up until December he had done an excellent job when you see the lack of backing from the owners and the shit show supporting him. 

How many death spirals did the last fella get and he's a legend for some 

We went into the Southampton game on the 16th December two points from the play offs. 

It obviously hasn’t been terrible all season. The last two months, certainly, and there are many reasons for that (and yes JDT isn’t blameless). But some recency bias on display here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

If the model or project or whatever they want to call it is primarily developing players for value about anything else, it certainly seems that way, then JDT has done wonders with Szmods and Wharton.

Whilst he isn't flawless and i have issues with his style the evidence of the above remit is overwhelming so maybe the critics backing owners, DoF over Head coach need to rethink. Would Wharton be a 22 mill player inside less than a year under Mowbray ?

Like feck he would.

• Like 2

Results haven’t been as good this season and we’ve gone backwards if anything. I don’t think it’s JDT’s fault though as his hands are tied through lack of investment and watching the squad be dismantled. Don’t for one minute think that poor results mean that his departure is justified.

If he’s gone it’s not because of poor results but because he isn’t happy about the conditions he’s working under. Let that sink in and wonder who exactly will come here next - who can we attract with no budget, a half-built squad and absentee disinterested owners? And who would be willing to work under those conditions? It’ll be a chancer or a no-hoper.

For the first time in years we were able to look up with JDT. The last three transfer windows slowly sapped my optimism, and now we’ve sold our best player, loaned out our captain and potentially lost the best coach we’ve had in thirteen years. If he’s gone it’s awful news and nothing to celebrate. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

As Wild Irish Rover I saw fantastic times at this club.

As WIR Revisited I saw the turning of the tide.

As Shirley Crabtree Wrestler I shared your pain as the cancer in the club took hold.

As Old Codger I am appalled at the depths to which the spirit of our once proud club is being dragged.

More like Mick Foley than Shirley Crabtree.

it matters not one jot who is our next prospective manager is ,it could be a dream team of pep,mourinho and klopp,the owners and swag would still manage to undermine and obstruct them at every turn

there is definately something going on behind the scenes,to block a manager speaking to the press  about saturdays game is very rare,looks like they did`nt want jdt to vent his spleen before they could arrange a pay off and non disclosure clause

• Like 3

I've been at work all day and haven't really got a clue what's going on. One of the weirdest things I've heard in a long time though this, it's brought every alleged ITK on twitter out from under their stone too.

Sounds like JDT has been muzzled, neither Greg or Swag would have the balls to do that. It's come from above, all I can think is some legal complexities to JDT blabbing about the financial shit show, interlinked to the constant Indian Court cases.

Hopefully someone gets a mic in front of him tomorrow and he sings like a canary. It'll cost him his job but fuck them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

The LET are nothing other than the club stenographers. They have plainly said that he has been blocked from talking to the press.

There was press done with new signings but not the manager.

Make of that what you will.

Erm, LT just said JDT stopped from giving press conference....

Edited by Paul Mellelieu
stopped, not spotted. Blame the pinot noir.

If he goes it will be like the chaos in 2012/13 and a freefall towards the relegation places. Also strong parallels with Lambert being lured in and finding that he gets none of the proceeds of the Rhodes sale. After 5 years of comparative calm under Mowbray it's back to the idiocy of the earlier days. Only chancers like Coyle will want to take over from Jdt.

• Like 1

Slightly controversial but if we are cutting budgets like we seem to be JDT probably isn’t the best manager for us. Need someone like rowatt who will just try and make us hard to beat so we stay up. Depressing but it’s where we are at.

For what it’s worth I don’t think jdt leaves he’d of just left today. He doesn’t owe us anything so why stick around, plenty of managers have left jobs the day before games. Steve kean being one.

8 minutes ago, alcd said:

If he goes it will be like the chaos in 2012/13 and a freefall towards the relegation places. Also strong parallels with Lambert being lured in and finding that he gets none of the proceeds of the Rhodes sale. After 5 years of comparative calm under Mowbray it's back to the idiocy of the earlier days. Only chancers like Coyle will want to take over from Jdt.

look at the players who will be off as soon as someone puts a bid in next summer

szmodics

gallagher

dolan

carter

tronstadt

jrc

would you want to stop here if another club offered you a fresh start in an ambitious team,add the loan players going back as well,it`s a road to relegation

8 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Slightly controversial but if we are cutting budgets like we seem to be JDT probably isn’t the best manager for us. Need someone like rowatt who will just try and make us hard to beat so we stay up. Depressing but it’s where we are at.

For what it’s worth I don’t think jdt leaves he’d of just left today. He doesn’t owe us anything so why stick around, plenty of managers have left jobs the day before games. Steve kean being one.

Maybe Broughton will don a tracksuit 😉

Only a desperado will be interested in becoming Head Puppet at Rovers.

52 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

JDT comes across as a principled and intelligent human being, and not someone who is willing to be run roughshod over for the sake of someone else's ego. Whatever has gone on, or is still going on behind closed doors at the club, it doesn't sound like the kind of environment that someone with his values would ever be comfortable with - they say one thing, then do completely the other, 

So, for me, if he goes, it is further proof that my club is infested with narrow minded, conniving, untrustworthy cheats and liars, all out for themselves and what they can make from a fast declining brand, before it dies on its arse. None of them would be fit to lick dogshit off Jack Walkers shoes.

The laughable thing is that under JDT's stewardship, Rovers could have been right in the mix last season (one signing away from the playoffs and on a positive roll). This season the decline seems to have set in round about the time when there was a sea change in messages coming from India about the overall financial position. My guess is that JDT saw the writing on the wall some time ago, and yet clung on perhaps on the promise of 'jam tomorrow' from the FWaggot. We now know that there was never going to be jam. Just leftovers and offal from other peoples' tables.

I'd like to think JDT would see out the season, but then again, I'd like to feel like supporting Rovers meant something again too. The wankers have drained the club, and like a whole load of things in the UK these days, its just an empty husk and a front for money making for a hidden few.. Fuck Em.

Talk of another manager coming in on the JDT thread is an insult to the man. Some of you arseholes will no doubt jizz yourselves over the prospect of yet another face in the dugout - even that complete cretin above engaging in onanism over a return for the Gurning Chump.

As Wild Irish Rover I saw fantastic times at this club.

As WIR Revisited I saw the turning of the tide.

As Shirley Crabtree Wrestler I shared your pain as the cancer in the club took hold.

As Old Codger I am appalled at the depths to which the spirit of our once proud club is being dragged. 

All I want is my Blackburn Rovers to be a club I can be proud of, and to which I feel I belong. The cretins don't get that.

They never will.

VENKYS OUT!

Go on OC!!

Can you stagger down to Ewood and give Waggott a battering with your walking stick please?

Lowe will be here until Venkys go, they ain't going to risk that by thrusting him into the firing line. No he'll stay behind the scenes.

It'll be Damien Johnson. Internal, already on the payroll, knows the academy, ex player status wins free brownie points with some.

After thinking about it for a while Im pretty certain JDT will leave after the game. No new info to base that on, but I just cant see how any manager comes back from being blocked from speaking to the media by the club. Thats a total break down of trust. 

In terms of why he would take the game anyway - think it's consistent with his personality to try and end on a good note, say goodbye to the players and fans.

We shall see. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2