BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Depends on my financial situation. I would assume JDT is not living paycheck to paycheck and would be able to find work elsewhere with his reputation and his achievements last season with us and Malmo recently. I can't imagine he'd be destitute the moment he left Rovers. Sometimes it's about more than just money. 

I'm sure he could find work. Ultimately though he will be out of work with zero income but the same expenditues until an offer is made of getting back in to work, all while eating away at any savings he has. Or he gets a pay off that gives him some time to recharge and have an ability to wait on the right offer to come along while his expenditures are took care of and his savings unaffected. Again i'm an option 2 guy.

We could go back and forth on this all day. Truth is it really don't matter we will never agree and we are talking hypotheticals.

4 hours ago, Gamst said:

The board are probably trying to annoy JDT so much that he resigns so they don't have to pay his severance package.

Much different circumstances, but they did the same with Kean. It wasn't the MD though, it was the owners themselves sending Shebby in. The shelf-meister wanted him to stay.

So it wouldn't surprise me. But I have to be honest, this time I think they are just shameless and incompetent.

6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Actually that is a fair point, and one that I'd not considered up to now. 

It seems a little odd though that the cretins who have deliberately caused him to be in such a difficult situation should suddenly spout a conscience 'for his protection'. More likely they fear the truth that he is quite capable of speaking, which would mean the cockroaches were brought into daylight.

You got it right this sentence. They were afraid of what he might come out with. I still doesn't make much sense though because presumably he'll have his say when he leaves, which could be today according to some

Edited by jim mk2

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Disgraceful and shambolic. Not fit to be associated with the club. Ridiculous. Pathetic. Everything that is wrong with the game. FAT STINKING LYING CONNIVING DELUDED THIEVING CHEATING WAGGOT OUT! 

JDT - Speak your mind and hold your head high. You, sir, have done nothing wrong.

Your vitriol should be aimed at the owners in my opinion, these are the people that employ mediocrity, have employed mediocrity for the past 13yrs and will continue to employ mediocrity until they scurry back under the rock from where they came from.

• Like 3

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

I'm sure he could find work. Ultimately though he will be out of work with zero income but the same expenditues until an offer is made of getting back in to work, all while eating away at any savings he has. Or he gets a pay off that gives him some time to recharge and have an ability to wait on the right offer to come along while his expenditures are took care of and his savings unaffected. Again i'm an option 2 guy.

We could go back and forth on this all day. Truth is it really don't matter we will never agree and we are talking hypotheticals.

I think the vast majority of people would have to go with option 2, but then most of us haven't spent decades in a field that pays incredibly high salaries, so it's impossible to judge how badly JDT would be affected by being out of work for a few months. If he's been sensible with his money then one would assume he could prioritise his wellbeing and sanity over a contract payoff. 

There's also his future to take into consideration. His contract doesn't expire until summer 2025, so if he waits for a payoff that never comes, that's another year and a half of dealing with this nonsense. With the way things are going it seems unlikely things will improve any time soon, and there's the real prospect of him ending up with a relegation on his CV. Of course he can point to the utter dysfunction at the club, but if the subsequent question is "if it was clear you couldn't achieve what you wanted because of the club hierarchy, why did you stay?" and the answer is "because I wanted a payoff" that obviously isn't a great look. 

Fact is JDT may well need the money, if so then yeah, sure, makes sense that he begrudgingly slogs on. Could be that he feels like quitting would be giving up and his pride won't let him do that. Could be that he doesn't want to uproot again, assuming he and his wife have settled here. There are many reasons why he could be choosing to stay, but if none of those are a significant factor then it won't surprise me at all if he decides he's had enough and walks out. I suppose we'll see soon enough. 

9 minutes ago, booth said:

Much different circumstances, but they did the same with Kean. It wasn't the MD though, it was the owners themselves sending Shebby in. The shelf-meister wanted him to stay.

So it wouldn't surprise me. But I have to be honest, this time I think they are just shameless and incompetent.

I doubt that's how things work at this level of football management.  If he goes, it will be a case of a pay off and mutual agreement.

19 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

we have a smile 👀👀

Well it doesn't seem like 'Dead Man Walking' from his demeanour. Time will tell, tick tock, tick tock.

That big unit with the beard and braids is our new loanee Billy Koumetio I presume. Shades of a certain Mr Samba in the way he carries himself, which I hope can translate into a similar presence on the pitch. Imagine that! We'd all be forgetting the deckchairs on the Titanic over a ruddy press conference, wouldn't we 🙂

Once again, it is the hope that kills you!

JDT IN!

2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Well it doesn't seem like 'Dead Man Walking' from his demeanour. Time will tell, tick tock, tick tock.

That big unit with the beard and braids is our new loanee Billy Koumetio I presume. Shades of a certain Mr Samba in the way he carries himself, which I hope can translate into a similar presence on the pitch. Imagine that! We'd all be forgetting the deckchairs on the Titanic over a ruddy press conference, wouldn't we 🙂

Once again, it is the hope that kills you!

JDT IN!

Chris samba indeed!! Look at what my Liverpool supporting mate told me in 2020.

Apologies for his foul language 

Screenshot_2024-02-03-13-47-46-19_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Just heard some news saying we could have missed the deadline re McGuire oh dear trying for more info

😂. Would explain why JDT was banned from speaking to media. He’d rinse them for that. But surely not again. I mean surely. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Gav said:

Your vitriol should be aimed at the owners in my opinion, these are the people that employ mediocrity, have employed mediocrity for the past 13yrs and will continue to employ mediocrity until they scurry back under the rock from where they came from.

Don't give Waggott a free pass Gav. They ALL need calling out and firing off.

11 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Chris samba indeed!! Look at what my Liverpool supporting mate told me in 2020.

Apologies for his foul language 

Screenshot_2024-02-03-13-47-46-19_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

It’s 2024 and he’s done nothing to prove he should be even in the squad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Just heard some news saying we could have missed the deadline re McGuire oh dear trying for more info

ROFL..... Sounds like the kind of cynical knife-twisting behaviour of a psychopath. Surely that would be beyond incompetence and in the realm of deliberate malfeasance?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unsall said:

JDT going nowhere, Rover’s stopped him giving interview to protect him from talking about transfers, GB will be doing that in due course.

You're merely playing with words there. They're not protecting him at all, they're worried about what he might say. 

Also if he needs "protecting" in the first place that in itself tends to suggest its been a calamitous window which in turn would you think lead to him being extremely unhappy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I doubt that's how things work at this level of football management.  If he goes, it will be a case of a pay off and mutual agreement.

That's what I was saying, now. But it worked that way when Shebby was here and we aren't exactly leaps ahead of those total basket case days.