BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We have plumbed new depths today. A meeting between supporters and players facilitated by a man who is really scraping the barrel. Players moaning because they heard some booing? I really am struggling to come to terms with the happenings and events of the last few days. I remember when several of the Fans Forum went to India. Over the months and years after some of them said they had been used as a publicity stunt. I can't help feeling the same right now as Waggott has run out of ideas and is using fans in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

I was one of those people that went to Pune, I also spoke along with Tris formerly of this parish at uncle jacks the week after and shortly after left the fans forum as I didn’t think it was the right vehicle to approach the challenges faced 

We were used as a publicity stunt 100% I saw it first hand but we tried which is why I won’t berate anyone for trying 

But I share your fears, even things like the fact other things were discussed but can’t be disclosed is going to cause discontent

• Like 8

• Backroom

FWIW I also think it’s not a great look by Roverschat saying effectively ‘tune into our next podcast to hear all about it’

At this point in time tomorrow is light years away and discourse is needed now 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

I was there - got the phone call last night. Not really sure why me specifically, it wasn’t specifically through BRFCS. But I thought it’s better to be there than not, so I went down.

Basically what Glen has tweeted was how the meeting went. It was an informal chat with the players then Waggott. There’s no minutes. 

The general discussion was the players mentioning the atmosphere at home games and specifically the end of the QPR match and during another match (they couldn’t remember which) where they were boo’d off at half time. They said the senior players spent half time keeping the younger players in the rate state of mind and that’s not the best use of time.

I made it abundantly clear to all the players that any booing is directly at one of Venkys, Pasha and Waggott or JDT. Szmodics especially said “we’re open to criticism, we were shit against Huddersfield and we know it”. 

I also explained to the players that unfortunately this club has had ‘ownership issues’ for 14 years now and whilst the last five years have been relatively stable, until the issues with ownership and senior management are addressed it’s only ever a stubbed toe away from discontent amongst the fan base. 

The players also asked how we could get more fans in the stadium at Ewood. I explained to them the issues with ticket pricing and season ticket pricing — which I described as “abhorrent” — and the horrific deprivation in the local area meaning that fans would love to go but frankly have to pick between eating and heating, meaning there’s little spare money and not enough to be spending on tickets. 

There was further discussions which everyone in the room agreed to not disclose at this point. I gave my word - as did everyone else - so I’ll honour that. 

Thank you for your summary.

Regarding the bit in bold, and just for clarity, was Waggott in the room at this point?

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There were a few boos but nothing like you are implying. It was 0-0 at half time so there wasn't too much to get angry about.

I have lost respect for some of those players moaning about something so trivial in the scheme of things.

I haven't, remember the Venkys Chicken advert with certain players including Dunny tucking into a drumstick?

This has a similar feel to it.

Waggot is a clown and needs removing asap  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

Whether people agree with the meeting or not, how on earth did the video get leaked?!

It's stuff like that which again shows how not to run a professional club! Just really poor yet again. 

A meeting with fans that has a secrecy clause inserted, presumably part way through.

I wonder who proposed that.

I await the release of detail ... it's coming .. and well done to whomever believes in freedom of speech and the public interest.

• Like 3

Ten games without a win, hurtling down the table, the club generally in a right old state, so of course you will get a smattering of boos at half time. Thats football and would happen at every club in the country - I’d wager they’d get it far stronger at a lot of other grounds. 

What a bizarre thing to spend half time discussing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thank you for your summary.

Regarding the bit in bold, and just for clarity, was Waggott in the room at this point?

I assume the part in black type was about Tomasson and his impending departure. You can understand why it should not be revealed on here

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Waggott was uncomfortable with chants aimed at him on Saturday and I think he has used this stunt as a way to try and prevent anything negative aimed at him or the owners.

The cowardly snake.

Yeah I think probably Waggott just felt he had to do something and this was his best idea.

@J*B- did it sound like the players were genuinely impacted by the boos  or that just theyd been called to this meeting and raised some general points since they were there?

• Like 1

Don't know what to make of this meeting that's taken place. It's hard to gauge from the leaked footage. Ideally we'd have a transcript but that'll never happen.

My opinion of Waggott sinks lower and lower, IMO he's a truly detestable individual who has positioned the players in front of fans to act as a shield between him and them. I have no doubt that the players will have been encouraged to say certain things. This is utterly cowardly behaviour. No idea what kind of questions were asked, but I appreciate the fans that got to attend and get their messages across as best they could in what are extremely surreal times at the moment.

As for JDT...

I felt that it was time up for him after we failed to beat Rotherham at home. Truth be told Rovers have been absolutely awful since the Birmingham win, and we weren't very good in that one either! It's not good that the goal posts were moved and the budget was cut, but regardless of that, the players that we've had available were good enough to be beating Rotherham, Huddersfield and QPR at home. Losing 3 nil away at Huddersfield as well, it's just completely unacceptable for this team regardless of the change in 'the project'. I'm sure he'll be successful elsewhere, but its gone sour very quickly at Rovers for him and its for the best that he and the club part ways before more damage is done.

Truth be told I'm glad he's going but I'm not happy about the timing of it. Getting rid of a manager after a transfer window is never a good move.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I assume if was about Tomasson and his impending departure. You can understand why it should not be revealed on here

In short: we are in this together except Jon - he’s a cunt whilst we are on the fans side…
Pathetic 

• Like 2