BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Unbelievable the players moaning about the atmosphere and a bit of booing.

I have paid £400 to watch us lose 9 times at home already to mainly crap sides that have done nothing more than put more effort in and exploited lazy defending.

That second goal against QPR was the players downing tools and us fans were rightly on our feet giving them shit for it.

I have been posting on here long before December about how boring it’s been as a home fan under JDT and glad he’s going. his best days seem to be away and I don’t attend them.

Hes a likeable guy and kudos for exposing the shit show behind the scenes but his approach to the championship is naive and with our squad stupid. In recent months he’s put his brand and reputation over getting results. I wouldn’t be surprised if the players haven’t also realised that and it’s part of the meeting today.

in summary the entire club should be ashamed of itself and there isn’t a single redeeming feature about the place. They can stick my season ticket up their ass next year.

Lovely

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Genuinely? I see Szmodics as the only winner in the team. All maturity and physicality has been phased out of our team. That is 90% JDT's doing.  It is men against boys most weeks and that is why we have won 1 in 11.

Szmodics, Tronstad, JRC, Garrett, McFadzean and Fleck are winners. 

• Like 1

Torn on this whole situation and there is no real good to come from it. I can understand some of the players' frustrations, as we're expecting a lot of players to make an immediate impact moving up into the first team, but it is fairly standard to hear boos when you put in performances like ours this last month or two.

That said, with it out there and the fans making clear the players are not in the firing line, there's no reason why we can't be vocally behind the players and against the owners. We cannot afford to be relegated again so anything we can do to help should be considered.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Ronan Keating has rung me, he said if you must quote him, at least get the words right.

Did you ask him if he is interested in buying the club? We are better than Chorley that he is looking at, at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Genuinely? I see Szmodics as the only winner in the team. All maturity and physicality has been phased out of our team. That is 90% JDT's doing.  It is men against boys most weeks and that is why we have won 1 in 11.

I partly agree re Sammy. However, I've not heard a reason why he was subbed, presumably because of an injury maybe. 

Watching the game on TV and having seen him try 2 shocking attempts at goal, the latter where he ended up on his arse in the penalty area, he gesticulated to the bench that he wanted to be subbed. I'll stick by that unless he's not selected for this weekends game. 

That said, he's been brilliant so far this season. 

2 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

To a certain extent Waggotts human sheild plan is already working. There are now discussions on this site and in other groups about how soft etc or players are. This may be true but it's only being discussed because of Waggotts meeting. Don't fall for his distraction tactics and don't forget who the enemy is, Waggott and the Raos.

This, all day long.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's captain now because he's one of the very few senior pros left and probably a very well spoken professional guy and that's fair enough.

However if there were 5 or 6 around his age he wouldn't be el'captitan i wouldn't have thought so that says a lot. Focusing half time on mollycoddling a few young players against the fans sounds about right. He should have been kicking the others up the arse and telling his head coach this isn't working.

But this is what they've reduced the squad to and i said ages ago if you have an U23s squad you'll get U23s football and the mistakes and flimsyness that goes with it.

Looking like we are missing one Lewis Travis in that dressing room !!

• Like 5

Sorry I've I've missed something a number of pages back....has there been a fans forum or trust meeting? What happened? Did waggot turn up or just send a few players? 

I think this is the biggest mess I've seen since the Kean days. You can tell from the lack of communication that Clubs in absolute chaos. Is Broughton still employed? 

Edited by benhben

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ultimately I decided to go so that I could say my piece and I feel like I did do. Between me and Glen we made it abundantly clear what the problems at this club were and who is at fault… in our opinion, of course. 

Was anything said about the admin cock-up on McGuire and who was taking the blame?

We've won something like 5 home games out of 20 ?

If the players can't understand why fans are getting angry and the crowds are poor then that's on them i suggest they count themselves lucky they have a very patient audience inside Ewood.

If they want cheering from the rooftops just for running around regardless i think they are in the wrong job.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's captain now because he's one of the very few senior pros left and probably a very well spoken professional guy and that's fair enough.

However if there were 5 or 6 around his age he wouldn't be el'captitan i wouldn't have thought so that says a lot. Focusing half time on mollycoddling a few young players against the fans sounds about right. He should have been kicking the others up the arse and telling his head coach this isn't working.

But this is what they've reduced the squad to and i said ages ago if you have an U23s squad you'll get U23s football and the mistakes and flimsyness that goes with it.

Makes you wish Hyam could spend 5 minutes in a dressing room with Andy Todd.  

I'm hoping  the new old  lad Mcfazdean or whatever his name is may be a bit more old fashioned in his approach. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Needs leaking whatever it was .. imagine if someone had secret Intel on Hitler and got sworn to secrecy .

A centuries old tactical manoeuvre to swear unknowns to secrecy knowing that's a guarantee of quick leak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Would anyone take Jason Wilcox? Hes done a bit of good whilst at city no? I guess he would want to stay with Southampton until they return to the PL

He's the man they should have gone for as DoF but just the same as now he'd have wanted to bring in good young players and invest a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Makes you wish Hyam could spend 5 minutes in a dressing room with Andy Todd.  

I'm hoping  the new old  lad Mcfazdean or whatever his name is may be a bit more old fashioned in his approach. 

He’ll be sent for sensitivity training 👍

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Well said. In-fighting is uneccessary. Let us have different opinions. Accept that some fans don't know the history and tow the SW/Venky's line more than others, and focus our energy on what's important. C O Y R

Irregardless of what has transpired over the past year, we might have come to a point where we need a change of head coach reglardless. Such a mental game and sometimes a different voice is all it takes to get some much needed conviction back. I'm a JDT fan though, so hurts to type this.

I certainly don't hate him - I just struggle with the sulkiness, lack of energy and with ridiculous  consistently, he cannot get a team to pick up points when we fall behind, or even get them to do the basics of defending.

It must be difficult working with such an inept board and owners who are full of false promises...but he lacks fight and he is tactically very weak.  I enjoyed his football when we pressed with energy, closed down and hit teams on the break..but we stopped doing that for some reason. We didn't give teams a chance to think but now we lack energy, make far too many passes and the opposition  know a very simple long ball aimed towards the right side of our defence, or a corner will undo us.  It's not good enough at all.

29 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Let's be honest, the players seen in the meeting would've had no choice in attending. It was clearly a Waggott attempt to deflect attention from the shambles that is BRFC; the players couldn't not go, or not participate once there, and at that point they have a duty to the other players, especially the younger ones, to voice their concerns.

I hope this doesn't turn into a fans v players situation, because it's always ever only been about fans v owners/management, but I fear from the reactions of many on here that that's becoming inevitable, and if so will only end in relegation no matter who replaces JDT.

It's also again at risk of turning fans against fans, again splitting the fanbase so that we seem like a disparate bunch of individuals when we really all need to have one voice, a loud & clear one that is directed at Venkys & their stooges.

Couldn't agree more. 

If you get angry at the players, you're just playing into this guy's hands. It's classic divide and rule stuff. 

It's a shame if that did happen, because at this point I don't think it would take much for the whole without to come tumbling down. I'm not sure if this is his last play, but it's got that kinda smell to it

• Like 3

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

To a certain extent Waggotts human sheild plan is already working. There are now discussions on this site and in other groups about how soft etc or players are. This may be true but it's only being discussed because of Waggotts meeting. Don't fall for his distraction tactics and don't forget who the enemy is, Waggott and the Raos.

If the players genuinely complained about the atmosphere and complained about young lads (of which there were only two, and Dolan, on the pitch in the first half) at the QPR game needing to be picked up at half time because of the crowd reaction then they deserve some constructive feedback on that. Sounds like Josh let them know exactly what the situation was in regards to the booing and atmosphere - as if they didn't already know. 

However you are right, they are just a distraction tactic and we only have a soft team making excuses because of the owners allowing such a squad to be assembled and given a message of "there is no ambition except staying in the league". Little wonder we don't have any winners in the team when that's the limit of our ambitions as a club. If you genuinely wanted to win things you wouldn't be happy sticking around after hearing that, would you?