BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, MB Rover said:

JDT to Eustace is a downgrade. ‘Happy’ with the appointment purely because it isn’t Stuart McCall. Every day shows show far we’ve fallen. We all know Benson and Lowe will remain.

I agree and I don’t know what makes me sicker. The club propaganda or the mugs that fall for it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MB Rover said:

JDT to Eustace is a downgrade. ‘Happy’ with the appointment purely because it isn’t Stuart McCall. Every day shows show far we’ve fallen. We all know Benson and Lowe will remain.

I’m happy it won’t be David Dunn - that’s how far my expectations have fallen 🫣

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Agree with all of this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

I can't listen to that mad bloke any more, dread to think what he is saying, luckily at work and can't listen

I can only ever listen to Bob Mortimer's impression of him, which is amazing

Thanks so much - I had tears in my eyes. Go listen if you have not heard this. It is a worthwhile distraction from following developments at our dysfunctional club.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

This managerial change is perfect timing for Waggott. 

Unpopular sale of Adam Wharton, more transfer cockups, terrible form on the pitch, protests looming, toxic atmosphere, Venky's court hearing postponed. Anti Venky feeling growing. Massive pressure on the CEO.

Change the manager and many fans will be in 'give him a chance ffs' mode.

Pressure off for now. Retire in the summer. Crafty bugger that Waggott.

Precisely, it wipes the slate clean for them upstairs.

Forget about the January debacle, forget about £25 million banked and nothing spent, forget about it all and focus on the dugout.

It's all JDTs fault and look we are sorting it out by making a change. Get behind the new bloke FFS!

I'm not buying it for a second and hope nobody else does, but sadly a lot will because they'll start getting carried away by a new bloke in the dugout.

Eustace or whichever other desperado takes over will have to firefight until the summer and then the next round of fun begins. More cutbacks ordered, no money to spend, projects to polish up for a profit, nonsense with India.

Nothing can or will change.

I really wonder if I'm missing something with Eustace. I'm baffled as to why he carries this reputation as a highly sought after desirable manager.

His only proper stint as a manager (other than at non-league Kidderminster) was a little over 12 months at Birmingham where they finished 17th, 10 places below us.

Anyone who claims they played 'good football' clearly needs to check their sources because they didn't. Not that this is essential as we need some organisation but I do think these 'reputations' in the game are exacerbated by media reputations when in actual fact there's very little on the cv to be impressed with.

They had a good start to this season with some late wins but we were just outside the top 6 in December under JDT - so what?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dearie me, a young loanee who's only been here a short time dragged out to plea for unity. Is that the best Maggott could do?

The senior professionals group (or whatever they call themselves) are probably having counselling after some horrible fans booed them. 

Precious gobshites.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mark Hughes is a strange one, a brilliant manager for Rovers yet failed just about everywhere else, most recently at Bradford. Odd

Mark Hughes dragged our training and tactics into the 21st century at the time, but now he seems to be the one stuck in the past sadly

I also think he needs his taffy army of Bowen etc.. alongside him to be his best, apears that since they all went their own ways and Hughes has had to go alone is when he began to really struggle

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dearie me, a young loanee who's only been here a short time dragged out to plea for unity. Is that the best Maggott could do?

Senior players in closed meeting - we want more support from the fans.

SW - ok which one of you will say that publicly?

Senior players….

Not so weird that we lack bottle on the pitch now is it 😡

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

And there was me thinking you’d calmed down 😁😁

Am glad I’m not the only one who has read the meetings goings on and thought what a bunch of gigantic Fanny’s. If they have so little resilience that fans rightly criticising them has a major effect then we really are screwed in a relegation dogfight  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

John Eustace is as decent and honest a bloke as I have met

He won't be coming in as Steve Waggot's stooge I can promise everybody that

I refereed him a few times and he wasn't half a whinger. 😁

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Don't get this, sorry. As it stands, Tomasson is taking us down to League One and shows no sign of knowing how to stop the slide. He's had a rough deal at Ewood but he has to go. We'll soon find out if his successor is worse but if Eustace or whoever saves us from relegation he isn't a downgrade

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The senior professionals group (or whatever they call themselves) are probably having counselling after some horrible fans booed them. 

Precious gobshites.

That shower of cowards make me puke and they can go to hell in a handcart.

Slagging fans, I'm not having that from spoilt brats.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I really wonder if I'm missing something with Eustace. I'm baffled as to why he carries this reputation as a highly sought after desirable manager.

His only proper stint as a manager (other than at non-league Kidderminster) was a little over 12 months at Birmingham where they finished 17th, 10 places below us.

Anyone who claims they played 'good football' clearly needs to check their sources because they didn't. Not that this is essential as we need some organisation but I do think these 'reputations' in the game are exacerbated by media reputations when in actual fact there's very little on the cv to be impressed with.

They had a good start to this season with some late wins but we were just outside the top 6 in December under JDT - so what?

As you don't follow Blues you won't be aware of what was going on during his time there JH

There were just as chaotic as we were now. And he kept them in this league despite all odds

Over a period of time he had managed to develop a squad that was capable of competing in this league with not a lot of backing. He traded well, and was very well liked amongst the Blues' fanbase. He still is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Am glad I’m not the only one who has read the meetings goings on and thought what a bunch of gigantic Fanny’s. If they have so little resilience that fans rightly criticising them has a major effect then we really are screwed in a relegation dogfight  

I don’t attend but from reports on here it doesn’t sound like they’ve had that much criticism anyway.

• Like 1