BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

I don't think Eustice is the answer - he's a relative rookie still and we need experience.

Now isn't the time to be taking risks.

If Fowler gets anywhere near the job, I'm genuinely out (and never returning).

Nixon clearly has no idea at all. After all, he backed Kean as a 'gem' right to the death.
He'll report whatever certain people pay him to report.

Andy, genuine question? Who would you be happy with? I understand the possible risks with Eustace but I can’t see anyone else (more qualified) to want to come to Ewood.

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Disagree, his tactics haven’t been working all season not just since December. We had lost 8 home games prior to Xmas day. We lost 5 of 6 league games starting from September. We have conceded the most goals in the league. 

Most the league were likely a few points off the playoffs in December it’s the championship. The warning signs have been there all season if you take the blinkers off.

We didn't look anything like a relegation side pre December, even if you argue we didn't look like a promotion side which id agree with but I didnt expect we would be with the budget we had and the players that had left and even tho I rate some of our players higher than others a massive killer for the team has been a lack of experience which neither JDT or Broughton were allowed to add in the summer 

I don't think JDT is god and I disagree with plenty of things he has done but "his tactics" did work last season and up until the December,even falling away from the playoffs last season Kaminski should have been back in but in plenty of those games we created enough chances and had enough periods of domination in those matches to believe we were a bit unlucky and it was on our players more than JDT with some of the chances missed in critical moments in matches and with Var we would have made the playoffs 

I do think he should have looked to change things tactically until he had the players he wants but he was sold on a project that was a lie.

Been treated disgracefully and he should have been let go in the summer when he asked to leave

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't know whether he pushed to leave or not, did he tell you this? He was under contract to us and it wasn't in our interests to let him go. As became obvious very early indeed.

I'm pretty sure GB said he wanted to go once Luton made a bid. 

It wasn't in our interest to let Wharton, Armstrong, Raya, Duff, Dunn, Shearer, Sutton, Roque etc go. But we're Blackburn, not Real Madrid or Man City. if you're not a destination club, and we are far far far from that, your players are pretty much all available if what the club deems is an acceptable offer is made. 

Actually he nearly said as much himself 

Screenshot_20240208-212502.png

Edited by alex l
Added image
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

It wasn't in our interest to let Wharton, Armstrong, Raya, Duff, Dunn, Shearer, Sutton, Roque etc go. But we're Blackburn, not Real Madrid or Man City. if you're not a destination club, and we are far far far from that, your players are pretty much all available if what the club deems is an acceptable offer is made. 

Luton is a “destination club” now. The world has gone mad

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The past is the past. In the present Tomasson is taking us down . What was working is no longer working. And he doesn’t show any sign of turning it round. On results alone he has to go

That’s fair enough. But the quote I replied to was talking about the past and solely the past. 

I don't know what's taking so long with sorting out the JDT Compo. Just get it done..

I think Eustace would be good overall appointment and replacement for JDT.  He done a brilliant job at Birmingham City.

Fowler would be awful appointment 

On McGuire failed transfer. No surprised. Silvester and Waggott must go. Its their job to send the paperwork and didn't. 

3 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Surely there is now no doubt that Broughton joins JDT through the exit door. Whether it was his fault or not, he cannot survive this given his interview last year.

GB isn't responsible for sending the paperwork so why should he go. Given the experience Waggott and Silvester have surely they can click the send button

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

I don't think many managers would be able to do a good job with this squad, hard truth

We have dross all over the pitch. Need someone mentally ready for the scrap and Eustace is fine by me.

However, I wont have high expectations, keep us up by any means and that is a successful season for the manager

The squad is decent but not top 6 quality. Mid table squad 

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Luton is a PL club and might stay up

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I didn't say that, you're mixing the points up. At it's most succinct, Blackburn Rovers are very far down the football food chain now. Nevermind not being able to offer Prem football, we can't offer a genuine chance of promotion to it. 

15 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Andy, genuine question? Who would you be happy with? I understand the possible risks with Eustace but I can’t see anyone else (more qualified) to want to come to Ewood.

I think Eustace is about as good as we can expect - though I would prefer someone like Neil, or even Hughes over him.

All are shite, but I'd rather take shite with some proven experience over a prolonged period.

Once again, Warnock would have been the ideal name, had he not just headed north.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gamst said:

We can’t sign a player or sack a manager without delays and confusion. We are absolutely useless at everything. 

gone right back to the beginning of venkydom has`nt it,this time though i think the rot is terminal,we`ll be in the bottom division in the near future

18 minutes ago, alex l said:

Actually he nearly said as much himself 

Screenshot_20240208-212502.png

What players say in the press is invariably tailored to the needs of their Club. He's not going to say "I was happy to stay but they needed £2M is he? Any way, I don't care what he said, we needed him and he was contracted to us so I'd have kept him.

I shouldn't be surprised, I shouldn't even have apathy but applause has to go to the ownership for tricking me into thinking we may just may have sorted something regarding the manager by 2150hrs on Thursday before a huge game on Saturday.

I'm clearly stupid.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Clearly Simon Jordan is talking out of his ass

I enjoy listening to Simon Jordan and he’s usually very balanced and well informed but that was some of the most misinformed shite I’ve ever heard and it’s this misinformed media garbage that keeps our fans fighting each other . Jim white can just do one 

• Like 6

Just now, tomphil said:

Unless he is talking about football finance or mobile phones then self appointed expert on everything Simon Jordan is always talking out of his ass.

I’ve only ever heard him talk about football and finance tbf 😂