BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 17/9/22

12 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

you need wing backs that can attack to play 5 at back. Brittain is ok at that. Carter/Pickering aren't. 

Correct, if you’re playing 5 at the back and 3 up front the two wing backs have got be really on song. Otherwise the two in centre midfield are going to get the runaround. Pretty obvious really.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Pathetic attempt in the second half and zero urgency when going behind, another reactive instead of proactive effort from the sidelines as well.

I think they've gone there for a draw and though ok we'll do the same in the second half as the first and try and hold on.

Been punished for it and beaten yet again without landing a punch on the opposition in 90+ mins, this squad is so much better than that.  The mentality still seems weak though and the 'young' line provides the get out of jail free card yet again, doesn't wash with me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, booth said:

BBD and Armstrong aren't great examples of what the club needs right now.

I mean players who can come in and score goals from the off, not players to develop. Like Rhodes or Gestede.

Those cost money.

Even Burnley, who've spent north of £20m this transfer window, failed to find a proper striker. It's a problem for everyone in this league. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The comment that Travis and Buckley in midfield is the envy of the championship haunts my dreams! You'd be licking your lips against any combo we put in the middle of the park. 

We should try put a man in there sometime, one that doesn't wax his entire body or have long hair, that be nice.

Personally I thought Buckley bossed it when he came on. Travis was neutered by that soft yellow card, but didn't play poorly by any stretch of the imagination. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Not a criticism, I turned off at 2-0. We don’t recover from there.

I think people should expect inconsistency, though. New coach/ideas and young players.

Sidebar; what’ve you got against long hair and waxing?

Ha fair enough...nothing against it as such but we are like a bunch of boys out there. You can almost write off a result against the more physical teams in the division, especially away from home. Millwall, Stoke to a degree, Luton...like men against boys.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Personally I thought Buckley bossed it when he came on. Travis was neutered by that soft yellow card, but didn't play poorly by any stretch of the imagination. 

If that qualifies as bossing it we may give up now. No one bossed anything out there, he only got a cameo but even still. All woeful in the end.

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

If that qualifies as bossing it we may give up now. No one bossed anything out there, he only got a cameo but even still. All woeful in the end.

He got his foot on the ball (and actually looked for it) and moved us around the park. It's a team game, he can't run onto his own passes and put the ball in the back of the net too. 

Few initial thoughts…

I’m sick of this pissing about with it relentlessly at the back. We are bad at it and don’t have the players to do it, especially with a keeper whose kicking is really poor. It’s not just us, the whole obsession with it is wrecking the game, but I digress.

Everyone got a bit giddy with a stand in fullback again. When will people learn. Brittain is one of our most important players. Despite my long term reservations about him Pickering was ok today, and one of only 2 or 3 of the starting 11 who can hold his head up.

Midfield was a joke. We need to speed up the phasing in of Wharton as our main man in there. Travis was in proper headless chicken mode today. Looked like a shite budget Robbie Savage.

For all Hedges good points, he poses zero goal threat. Jigsaw man who goes to pieces in the box. We are overly reliant on Brereton and he is the only one who suits the shape of the way we employ our front three.

Unfair to call Luton cloggers or suchlike. They comprehensively beat us today and in fairness it should’ve been more.

Project equates to the same as journey. I’m becoming slightly worried that JDT seems more concerned with sticking to a vague “philosophy” than winning games.

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The comment that Travis and Buckley in midfield is the envy of the championship haunts my dreams! You'd be licking your lips against any combo we put in the middle of the park. 

We should try put a man in there sometime, one that doesn't wax his entire body or have long hair, that be nice.

Big talk from a man with his shirt off and a hairless chest in his profile picture….😏

• Like 6

Hugely disappointing.

Big concern is our inconsistency - from the sublime (Watford) to the ridiculous (Luton).  Physically and mentally we seem to struggle from one game to the next - as does our manager!

Today only confirms what many of us have been saying for yonks - we need an ugly hard b@st@rd in midfield who can also play a bit.  WTF JDT and Broughton couldn't see this is beyond me. 

I think it's clear either JDT doesn't rate Dack or his two horrible injuries have finished him as a force - let's remember JDT sees Dack in training every day.  Think it's inexcusable for him to remain on the bench for the duration particularly when we are struggling and we need a spark - if he's nothing to offer then what is he doing there!?

Many of us were sceptical about the signing of Hirst - seems our worse fears have been confirmed.

As for Amari Bell, IMO, another example of a player not allowed to fulfill his potential at Rovers through Mowbray's idiotic man management and tactical idiocy.

Solace will have to be sought tonight in a nice bottle of red or two! 

• Like 4