BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Garrett off at half time please, he's way off the pace tonight.

I thought he'd done quite well, some tidy touches and hasn't done anything wrong.

The wingback switch has worked really well first half, all credit when it's due.

I think Carter looks more ready than Phillips at the moment (unsurprisingly, considering their ages).

• Like 4

I'd take Garrett off, he's one young player too many in this team and he looks overawed by it.

Brittain can play anywhere because he's a good footballer but left back isn't like right back and he gets his angles wrong. They've sent in some dangerous crosses from his side

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

well whatever the final result you can guarantee Tony titbag will be taking credit for BBD and the youngsters that are now coming through(even though he likely had zero input into the youth players progression)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's hiding.

Not sure about that but the game is passing him by for sure.

A nailed on penalty. We would be going ballistic if that sort of decision went against us.

I think Mawson looks like he messed up to. Beware.

Great great shot by BBD but otherwise a mundane half but we are ahead so who cares, not me.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

well whatever the final result you can guarantee Tony titbag will be taking credit for BBD and the youngsters that are now coming through(even though he likely had zero input into the youth players progression)

Even mentioned on sky Mowbray was trying to take credit for rovers academy 

• Like 1

Can see why the ref didn't give them the penalty shout. The direction of the ball suggested Hedges got a touch on it. The angle from behind the goal shows he didn't though and we got lucky. 

What a strike by Diaz though. Absolute quality. 

It's been quite an even half. Feel like Wharton has seen way too much of the ball. All our midfield 3 seem to favour being central or slightly to the right and its leaving him with only one outball in Brittain. Garrett has been decent but I'd like to see Adam Wharton on at half time. He'd drop into that space more naturally and give more balance. 

Touching on our summer recruitment. The two defensive players in Brittain and Hyam are fantastic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Oh of course. He built this team, mumble, mumble, penalty, frustrating, mumble, mumble. 

• Like 3