BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

Brereton worked very hard and scored a great goal but dearie me, he needs to work at playing a better final ball and weighting and timing his passes better. He should have set up at least 3 chances in the last 15 minutes but fluffed it every time

• Like 3

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Watching in a bar in Quesada, Costa Blanca. Overall, a good win but that last 30 mins was hard work. We just couldn’t get the ball and keep possession. Oh for a Gordon Cowans in midfield to settle us   Down and orchestrate things.

You were watching very near me then. Almoradi, Costa Blanca. 

• Like 1

Seems the brief is simple, score first and we win the game! This is shaping up to be one hell of a roller coaster season. If we go 2 up we're happy to invite pressure and go for the jugular on the counter. It worked at weekend and again tonight, but better teams will test us more you feel. On the flipside though with Diaz especially powering forward we're always good for another goal. Risky and not for the faint hearted but most certainly not dull! The bigger test of course comes when we DON'T score first, we really need to address that.

Other positives include a good performance from Brittain despite being out of position, he needs to start every game. Hyam was excellent again, captain material for me especially when you look how few games historically he misses in a season, look out Travis. Also look out for Mr Garrett who had a good debut and got stuck in, loved it.

Let's just hope this form continues going into that small matter of a derby game in a few weeks time 🔵

• Like 2

Hyam, Diaz both quality tonight. Can’t say I’m currently enjoying the football, Diaz and Hedges are nice on the eye but Buckley, Dack and Dolan also entertaining to go watch. Enjoyed the Wolfsburg game a lot more and don’t thin it would be 7 loses with Bucko and Dack in the 11 and Britain more! 

League position flatters us thanks to excellent individual moments of brilliance from Travis, Diaz, Hyam and Gallagher