BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

52 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If we are talking Rovers players then Damien duff. The guy can turn milk sour he was that good. Drop of the shoulder no defender could live with him

Yes he was probably the man of the tournament at Japan 2002 for me. Shame Eriksson preferred to take Keown who never played a minute over Matt Jansen who was a leading light at Rovers and in the Prem and would have had the ability to change matches

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. A genius on his day. Blackburn’s Messi.

He was brilliant. He's still adamant to this day that he would have played in 66 if he wasn't playing on one leg! And I think he would have. He was a genius with the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Beckenbauer was absolute class a young midfield player. He moved back to sweeper to prolong his career quite early on. Back in the day DeStefano was brilliant, like DeBruyne only better. He never stopped running. Garrincha was another who could beat teams on his own.

George Best was absolutely awesome. Best footballer I have ever seen. Had this aura of greatness when you went to watch him live at Old Trafford. Only falls short on the world stage cos he was N Irish. He was a magician with the ball when he could be arsed! Always reminded of Best and Alex Higgins. Two mavericks of their sports who could put bums on seats!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Best player I've seen at Ewood---Bryan Douglas!

Hundreds of times!

Spot on re Duggie.

Best player I've seen live was Best. Saw him as a young player destroy Burnley at OT and later, after he developed a gut, be MoM on a Goodison Park ankle deep mudbath. In both games he just skipped through tackles that would be red cards today leaving failed assassins on their arses.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

6EF2746E-5C1E-4ED1-8BDB-362ED578E7EB.jpeg

My dad had the photo that was a split second before this, where Clayton's parallel to the ground.

When I turned 10, he had it blown up to around A3 size on a canvas and signed by Ronnie himself, and gave it to me as my main present.

It's up there with my signed 94/95 shirt and signed Worthy Cup programme for memorabilia.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, renrag said:

Without a shadow of doubt the greatest Rover in the post war era and, I’ve seen them all. However, the best player I’ve seen at Ewood has to be the Preston plumber and I know Bryan would agree

There was that  game at Ewood where he beat us on his own and made Matt Woods look a donkey. So a fantastic performance that day no question.

Duggie was a lovely player to watch. As with all the best players, it's just something in the way they move

It's the reason I loved watching at their peak the likes of Cryuff and C Ronaldo rather than Maradona or Messi. They first 2 were/are beautiful players, elegant in their movement.

22 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My dad had the photo that was a split second before this, where Clayton's parallel to the ground.

When I turned 10, he had it blown up to around A3 size on a canvas and signed by Ronnie himself, and gave it to me as my main present.

It's up there with my signed 94/95 shirt and signed Worthy Cup programme for memorabilia.

785F9E35-40C6-4E9C-AFA6-398FAE93BCDE.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think people forget just how good Shearer was, perhaps because he wasn't flashy. He came 3rd in World Player of the Year in 1996. Really not sure who else we have had that could have done that.

Agreed.

In my opinion he was the best striker in the world for a couple of seasons whilst he played for us.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Agreed.

In my opinion he was the best striker in the world for a couple of seasons whilst he played for us.

Then along came el phenomeno.  The best forward I've ever seen live on TV. If it hadn't been for injuries ronaldo would have Been the greatest ever 

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Beckenbauer was absolute class a young midfield player. He moved back to sweeper to prolong his career quite early on. Back in the day DeStefano was brilliant, like DeBruyne only better. He never stopped running. Garrincha was another who could beat teams on his own.

At risk of causing a riot there’s absolutely no way DeStafano was a better footballer than De Bruyne. The difference between football in the 60s and now is like comparing apples and pears.