BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

62.8% possession, but a loss again. No good if most of it is fannying around at the back, risking losing the ball in key areas, and missing chances to utilise the ball on to Brereton.

We miss Hedges and Gallagher, who would have thought we'd be saying that at the start of the season?

Worst game tactically from JDT that I've personally seen so far (had to miss a few recently with work commitments). Very little about how we set up and looked to change things made sense.

• Like 3

I need to hold my hands up and admit I know absolutely nothing about football if there was a game plan there. How said "plan" lasted until the 80th minute without trying something new, like attempting some form of width.

That is football that makes fans angry as there are no positives to take whatsoever!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, roverinmontreal said:

Back down to earth with a bang. Why on earth didn’t we a) switch things up and b) show any kind of urgency after going behind? Surely Dack and Dolan would have made sense when chasing the game. 8 minutes just isn’t enough time to make an impact. JDT has seemed so smart and reactive up until now- extremely frustrating and confusing today. 

8 minutes is inexcusable from the manager-especially after so little urgency or intent. Complete no-show...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Fortunately didn't see the 1st half, but literally everyone to a man stunk the place out. 

Didn't make sense to me to have Brittain at left back and Travis at right. We need Travis in there to break it up and add a little bit of know how and twa7tyness.

For all his talent the young lad A.Wharton had a bit of a stinker tonight but acknowledge that's very much to be expected given his tender years.

Hirst was genuinely dire. First touch is abysmal and is so heavy he nearly sends it back to where it came most of the time.

First half was actually worse so you got lucky there!

7 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

It's nice winning a few games but until we learn how to win points from losing positions we won't be getting anywhere near promotion

Yep. I said exactly the same the other day. I’ll never truly ‘believe’ until we find a way to get back into matches. Until then, we don’t stand a chance.

• Like 5

Just now, neophox said:

Next game easy pick

Kaminski

Brittain, Hyam, Wharton Pickering

Morton, Travis, Hedges

Gallagher, Szmodics, Brereton

Question mark over Szmodics, he was terrible tonight. He did put the effort in but he couldn't pass, close down, attack and kept losing the ball.

• Like 2

If I have to watch Jack Vale walk around the pitch one more time I’ll stop going to away games. Genuinely frightening trying to decide who’s worse out of him and Hirst. Can not believe we’ve given him a new deal.

Vale and Hirst are nowhere near good enough for this level, give your head a good wobble if you think either are. We need to pray Diaz and Gally stay fit this season or any hopes of doing something a bit special will be out the window.

If we can send Hirst back in January and bring someone else in on loan that would be class. Tonight was just Cardiff all over again, we didn’t deserve anything from the game. Szmodics was playing far too deep, he was getting in behind Hull for fun on Saturday. He was one of our better performers tonight though, Morton tried his best and Ayala and Hyam were solid as always.

JDT waited to long to make the changes and I’m not going to slag Garrett for the red card, Travis did the same that night at Pompey, youthful enthusiasm and he’ll learn from it. 

The good thing this season is we’ve bounced back whenever we’ve got beat so let’s hope Saturday is the same, heads up lads. Write tonight off and go again. 

• Like 3

I said give Hirst a chance at half time. Mainly because there were few other options, Vale was terrible and he had to be given a chance at some point. He was just as bad as Vale and I really don't see a future for him here. 

Lack of depth is going to cost us this year. So frustrating that Diaz is out of contract in the summer as he leaves such a huge hole. We need to give Dack a chance as another option if Gallagher isn't available. When the alternatives are Vale and Hirst,  there are no alternatives. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, benhben said:

Really got to hope Broughton and Tomasson can see Hirst isn't up to it and terminate the loan in Jan. Worrying that he was their main target all summer. 

A win on Saturday and it's not the end of the world, but we will get a mauling of the dingles I fear.

If Gally was fit he would have made the bench. Been playing with the 23s for weeks. It’s clear no one thinks he’s good enough, but he and Bake are also the best options we have after Gally