BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Cant win them all I suppose.

These lads were definately there for the taking, no great shakes at all. Much like the rest of this division.

We need to figure out this Plan B very sharpish, as our total inability to get back into a game when going a goal behind is just ridiculous.

After giving Dack the guts of 30 mins against Hull I cannot fathom why he was left on the bench while we were treated to Hirst providing yet another non performance. I dont know what that lad done to be considered a decent loan but its clearly not working and he is a passenger in every game I have seen him

• Like 2

So much to hate about that performance. As a former striker you’d think JDT would be offensive minded but we are so cautious from an attacking perspective. Needing a goal to get back in the game on a number of occasions we just have one player in the box with no midfielders making runs forward.

Vale and Hirst where hopeless, I hate Travis at right back and Brittain at left back and to only make those changes at 80 mins is mind blowing.

Fingers crossed Hedges and Gally are fit for Saturday.

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Question mark over Szmodics, he was terrible tonight. He did put the effort in but he couldn't pass, close down, attack and kept losing the ball.

Harsh, I thought he played well, only gave the ball away a couple of times which was a lot less than most and he did make some good passes and showed some good touches on the ball, him along with Morton Ayala and Hyam were our best performers tonight. 

Only caught the second half. Was really surprised we didnt change up much earlier. Could have made those changes at 60 mins rather than 80. When we did we looked dangerous until Garretts completely unfair red.

Confused by the decision to leave Pickering out. And Hirst was absolutely atrocious.... Missed Gallagher hugely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I said give Hirst a chance at half time. Mainly because there were few other options, Vale was terrible and he had to be given a chance at some point. He was just as bad as Vale and I really don't see a future for him here. 

Lack of depth is going to cost us this year. So frustrating that Diaz is out of contract in the summer as he leaves such a huge hole. We need to give Dack a chance as another option if Gallagher isn't available. When the alternatives are Vale and Hirst,  there are no alternatives. 

Imagine how fucked we’ll be if we don’t bring someone decent In to replace BBD. Then when Dack goes because he’s hardly getting played and we are relying on some half rate striker and  replacement to score goals. JDT might turn and realise what a mistake it was freezing Dack out because we’ll really have no quality in the team going forward. Probably A.Wharton who can create stuff and that’s it 

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's not really though, is it?

We've won more games than anyone else in the division - and it doesn't matter how you win those games, as long as you do.

Tonight was abysmal, but we are still 2nd in the league after 19 games.

You think we have the second best squad in the league?

Lost half our starting 11 in the summer from last season. Manager and Director of Football came in late. 

I thought bottom 8 this season. 

• Like 1

What have we bought in Markanday if he isn't deemed good enough for a chance whilst Hirst and Vale can perform terribly and continue to get chances.

Hard to be too critical due to our position and still feel way too early to make a judgement on him going forward but crikey JDT does make some very odd decisions.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

JDT and his staff are very good at drilling in tactics to hold out in winning positions and making like for like subs with fresh legs to help that.

By god though they haven't got one clue what to do when the team is on the back foot or losing, there's a clear pattern developed now. 

Generally I have to cut JDT and his team some slack that we have literally only one centre forward worth picking, and he's not a player you want to pin your hopes on. We had literally no centre forwards playing tonight (I can't accept that Hirst and Vale are capable of the role) and that's what you get when for two years you haven't purchased a decent striker.

Though I can't cut them some slack about the choices made tonight. If I was desperate for a goal I'd stick Brereton up front with Dack just behind feeding him.

• Like 4

Absolutely disgraceful performance tonight. No one worthy of the shirt other than maybe Hyam with a few good tackles stopping it from being 3 or 4. Travis couldn't even be arsed to look at the fans as he walked past after being subbed off.

Feel for the few Chilean lads I saw at the game tonight having to travel back after that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

What have we bought in Markanday if he isn't deemed good enough for a chance whilst Hirst and Vale can perform terribly and continue to get chances.

Hard to be too critical due to our position and still feel way too early to make a judgement on him going forward but crikey JDT does make some very odd decisions.

markanday must be frighteningly bad if he can`t displace hirst or vale😬

• Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

Some pace in this team would be nice. 

Our style was figured out tonight.  Got to do better than just a slow play out from back with no threat up front. 

We turn Hull over then dont want to progress on it. Frustration is part of the game for Rovers fans.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

JDT and his staff are very good at drilling in tactics to hold out in winning positions and making like for like subs with fresh legs to help that.

By god though they haven't got one clue what to do when the team is on the back foot or losing, there's a clear pattern developed now. 

It was exactly the same under Mowbray though too. I’m sick and tired of it. We may as well all pack up and go home as soon as we fall behind.

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

You think we have the second best squad in the league?

Lost half our starting 11 in the summer from last season. Manager and Director of Football came in late. 

I thought bottom 8 this season. 

Our performances this season have largely ranged from OK to terrible, so it is unusual to be 2nd. I can only assume it's the same for the rest of the league, and that inconsistency is rife. Fortunate for us I suppose. I can't really remember any truly outstanding performances under JDT so far. Maybe the 3-0 vs Swansea early on? Best I can recall off the top of my head.

Please don't let the red card deflect from the fact that the manager has gone with an experimental midweek hunch again. 

I now genuinely believe that the result is of secondary importance to his misguided insistence in playing a certain formation and personnel regardless of whether the players are suited to it. And then repeating this as often as is necessary, until we scrape the odd midweek away win.

The sad thing is that every one of those brilliant fans that were there tonight, and endured the other midweek away capitulations, know it as well. 

This is hard to admit and accept, but this means he will do the same at Turf Moor.

The result really doesn't matter to JDT, and tonight was the ultimate proof:

Vale?

Hirst?

Travis?

Pickering?

The squad has consciously or otherwise, decided not to buy into this clueless, head-in-sand, logic-free stubbornness, and it is showing more in every midweek away game. Blackpool was the  exception that proves the rule.

He  learned nothing from the drubbings at Sheff Utd and Reading, and will refuse to accept that he needs to do anything differently between now and May. 

The poor sods paying good money to travel to West Ham midweek also know this. I salute them and sympathise with them.

As crazy as last season, who would have thought it....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2