BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Speechless after that 

2 hours of my life I won't get back.

Big worry JDT can get it so wrong- thought the penny was dropping.

Never rated Vale but feckin hell, whoever at Ewood thinks Hirst is a player......!!!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Our performances this season have largely ranged from OK to terrible, so it is unusual to be 2nd. I can only assume it's the same for the rest of the league, and that inconsistency is rife. Fortunate for us I suppose. I can't really remember any truly outstanding performances under JDT so far. Maybe the 3-0 vs Swansea early on? Best I can recall off the top of my head.

Watford maybe?

Dack again

That's why I say don't put too much pressure. If you're out for six months, it takes six to get back. It's tough for the boy and I feel for him.

JDT on Dack, does anyone believe this that it takes so long to come back? Or do you think it’s nonsense and excuse to not play him

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

markanday must be frighteningly bad if he can`t displace hirst or vale😬

Markanday is supposed to be a winger anyway. Yet another player purchased by TM to score goals, who hasn't been coached to score goals.

We concede, we lose because we're light on goals. We needed to sign a striker in Summer and as I've always said, Broughton needs to carry the brunt of the ire for Hirst being the main striker target.

If we don't sign a good striker in January I think I may combust.

12 minutes ago, booth said:

Thanks to crappy RoversPlayer I missed the first 15 and that was supposed to be our only half decent spell from what I could see.

The first 15 was very open, a bit like two boxers full of energy looking to land a big blow. Had the Brittain chance been taken, it was a different game. After that chance, we were poor and once we went behind, we did our usual. No idea how to come from behind and we need to sort that out somehow.

Hope we have played the last horror show game for a while, as I think the Dingles away game will either leave us very flat or very buoyed for a month. 

• Like 1

Seems acceptable after a loss to say JDT is very suspect and clearly lacks imagination and the ability to change things tactically as the game evolves.

When we win people are quick to paper over the cracks and question anyone who suggests JDT is not all that, I find it very frustrating. Lack of quality finishing in this league is the reason with have 4 or 5 more wins on the board this season. You don't get punished like you should. 

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 4

This squad has too many way out of their depth but Tomasson keeps on picking them in preference to better players left on the bench such as Dack Dolan and Carter. Hirst and Vale are utter shite. Travis is useless at right wingback and Brittain is on the wrong side. Wharton S is becoming a liability. Apart from all that its not too bad. 

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Harsh, I thought he played well, only gave the ball away a couple of times which was a lot less than most and he did make some good passes and showed some good touches on the ball, him along with Morton Ayala and Hyam were our best performers tonight. 

In the game I watched Szmodics gave the ball away countless times, couldn't pass wind and easily brushed of the ball.

He was still better than Travis, Hirst and Vale combined.

SW was shocking too 

AW was our best player but even he was missing for the first 15 minutes and then left early.

Morton played well and BBD put a shift in against the odds in that he rarely got a decent pass.

Dack unlucky not to score, Brittain should have.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Dack again

That's why I say don't put too much pressure. If you're out for six months, it takes six to get back. It's tough for the boy and I feel for him.

JDT on Dack, does anyone believe this that it takes so long to come back? Or do you think it’s nonsense and excuse to not play him

Frankly even a 50% capable Dack is miles better than a 100% Vale or Hirst. 

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Watford maybe?

Watford and Rotherham would probably be the other two matches where you could make a case. Three out of nineteen. Yet, we're second 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely appalling performance and it says a lot that we repeatedly lose midweek away from home, probably when most character is needed.

Tomasson got every decision wrong, the starting 11 was bizarre and imbalanced, this Brittain inverted wing back shit needs to stop, he doesnt look comfortable.

Special mention to 2 strikers as bad as any we have had to witness in these terrible Venkys years. Vale is absolutely appalling, he cant perform in non league never mind at Championship level, who came up with the idea of giving him a long contract? And Hirst, if he was genuinely the first choice striker target then I would to see the others on the list, no redeeming features and he controlled the ball with his hand twice which says a lot. No more matchday appearances and send him back to Leicester. If Gallagher is injured at the weekend, Brereton should play central.

There are some gems in our fantastic academy but due to our shit owners we have an over reliance on it at times. We needed another experienced midfielder. Garrett every time he has featured has got people excited because he wildly lunges into every tackle but red card or not, it was totally needless. On the ball in his first 2 games he was sorely lacking.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In the game I watched Szmodics gave the ball away countless times, couldn't pass wind and easily brushed of the ball.

He was still better than Travis, Hirst and Vale combined.

SW was shocking too 

AW was our best player but even he was missing for the first 15 minutes and then left early.

Morton played well and BBD put a shift in against the odds in that he rarely got a decent pass.

That’s what I was saying in regards to Szmodics, other than a couple of loose passes and that moment where he got dispossessed and Coventry broke away he did actually show some good moments at times and there were certainly 4 or 5 others out there tonight a hell of a lot worse than him. Scott Wharton that first half, Jesus he could only find a sky blue shirt. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Our performances this season have largely ranged from OK to terrible, so it is unusual to be 2nd. I can only assume it's the same for the rest of the league, and that inconsistency is rife. Fortunate for us I suppose. I can't really remember any truly outstanding performances under JDT so far. Maybe the 3-0 vs Swansea early on? Best I can recall off the top of my head.

Spot on. The wins haven't been empathetic at all and that's from a team that have won 11? Very bizarre. Said it before and I'll say it again. It all seems very fragile. Feels like we could go on a classic rovers spiral at any moment. Torture.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Butty said:

Harsh, I thought he played well, only gave the ball away a couple of times which was a lot less than most and he did make some good passes and showed some good touches on the ball, him along with Morton Ayala and Hyam were our best performers tonight. 

He gave the ball away more than a couple of times. I'll give him some credit for working hard but nothing went right for him tonight.

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What have we bought in Markanday if he isn't deemed good enough for a chance whilst Hirst and Vale can perform terribly and continue to get chances.

Hard to be too critical due to our position and still feel way too early to make a judgement on him going forward but crikey JDT does make some very odd decisions.

I called the Markanday debacle a couple of months ago but was shot down as apparently we're easing him back from a bad injury and striker isn't his position??

One thing is for sure, if he's a worse option than Vale or Hirst he must be pub league level.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I called the Markanday debacle a couple of months ago but was shot down as apparently we're easing him back from a bad injury and striker isn't his position??

One thing is for sure, if he's a worse option than Vale or Hirst he must be pub league level.

Also questioned the non appearances for him and dack to outrage , don’t understand it 

15 minutes ago, booth said:

Markanday is supposed to be a winger anyway. Yet another player purchased by TM to score goals, who hasn't been coached to score goals.

We concede, we lose because we're light on goals. We needed to sign a striker in Summer and as I've always said, Broughton needs to carry the brunt of the ire for Hirst being the main striker target.

If we don't sign a good striker in January I think I may combust.

From what I have seen Markanday is never a winger. He may have a role playing through the center. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

We would genuinely be better off sticking Ayala up front a la Hendry or Samba and lumping it long than persisting with Vale or Hirst.

We'd be better off sticking Samba or Hendry themselves up front, frankly.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We would genuinely be better off sticking Ayala up front a la Hendry or Samba and lumping it long than persisting with Vale or Hirst.

That would be working on the assumption that winning the game or even scoring was important to the manager. 

He is more concerned with the experiment than the win. 

• Like 1